Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2022, 19:19   #196
BHPian

Re: New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Hunter 350 has all the makings of a mega sales success. Crucially, Royal Enfield seems to have sorted out its supply chain for the motorcycle. Already, there are scores of them on Cochin's roads in such a short period of time.
I bet at least 80% of them are running with no accessories installed. I have been following up diligently with 3 dealerships - Hoskote, Kalyan Nagar, Mahadevpura

None of them have the accessories available yet. But the deliveries are quick though, The yard had close to 50+ hunter 350s in stock when I went for PDI.

@neil.jericho - thanks for your posts in the helmets forum, very helpful. I went ahead and picked up an Axor 'hunter' helmet in red.

kk
kishore1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 20:18   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
I bet at least 80% of them are running with no accessories installed. I have been following up diligently with 3 dealerships - Hoskote, Kalyan Nagar, Mahadevpura

None of them have the accessories available yet. But the deliveries are quick though, The yard had close to 50+ hunter 350s in stock when I went for PDI.

@neil.jericho - thanks for your posts in the helmets forum, very helpful. I went ahead and picked up an Axor 'hunter' helmet in red.

kk
May be Banglore specific issue?
In Pune I got accessories (backrest, sump guard) with my bike on the day of delivery.

Recently 2 people from my office got their bikes along with accessories backrest, sump guard, flyscreen (from different dealer).
bhppower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 21:30   #198
BHPian

any recommendation on tire swap. What I have heard from online reviews that CEAT tires are giving up early on corners and on wet surface.

I will be getting my bike in 15 days and if better choices are available, I will swap right after delivery.
shashant is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 19:27   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikishor View Post
I saw a Hunter at Kondapur SVR Motors in Hyderabad. Sat on one bike. I felt the handle was too far away. Didn't like the way the bike felt. I got down. Must say I quickly lost interest.
Quoting my previous post. I didn't get to spend enough time in my previous outing with the Hunter. This time I took a test ride at a RE showroom just beside my house. Like really nearby, probably 400 metres away from my place.

The bike is fast. Not Interceptor fast(ofcourse), but it felt really quick. Much quicker than the Meteor for sure. 2 minutes into riding the Hunter, I could notice how light the bike was. Flickability and manoeuvrability were almost Duke like for me. Brakes were pretty good. Clutch was decent
, not too light and not too heavy.

The exhaust note is without a doubt the best of the 3 J platform 350's. It has this awesome thump to it, and backfires when you blip the throttle. Addictive exhaust note, I must say.

I also managed to hit 120kph. 100 is the sweet spot for this bike. Goes there pretty quick and stays there without breaking a sweat.

And yes, this one's a looker no second thoughts about that. You can buy one and put it for showcase in your house, it's that beautiful, atleast to my eyes.

Onroad price quoted by this showroom was 2.08 lacs. I was kinda surprised since one of my college senior picked up a blue Hunter brand new for 1.8ish. Not sure if he told me the onroad price or the ex showroom price.

Overall, IMO this is the best bike to have come out from the J series platform. If it was available in March, I would've given it a very very serious look. I liked the Meteor, but booked an Interceptor(cancelled it after 10 days) because I felt I was too young to ride cruisers. If Hunter was available back then, things would've been very different for me.
Attached Thumbnails
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img20220917173927.jpg  

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img20220917173936.jpg  

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img20220917173947.jpg  

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img20220917175242.jpg  

Last edited by saikishor : 17th September 2022 at 19:31.
saikishor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 20:47   #200
BHPian

I have booked and got delivery after 25 days. I have opted for engine guard but was denied at the last minute saying that it was out of stock. They didn't give me free helmet, User manual saying they were also out of stock. Opted for touring mirrors as it looks pretty good on the bike compared to stock mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_20220915_192134.jpg  

Piston_head is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 17:26   #201
BHPian

Sweet weekend.
I test rode the classic 350 yesterday and the hunter today with about 30 mins on each.
Both the bikes pluck the heart strings and i had a tough time focusing on anything else over the weekend
While on the classic, i felt like sitting on a sofa, one of those leather recliners which make you fully aware of what you are on. The classic makes its presence felt visually to the rider. The hunter felt like the decathlon foldable camping 3-legged stool. When I was on it, the bike seemed to disappear. I could feel all of it, but it was out of sight. A nice experience slicing through traffic.
Hard to believe that these shared showroom space with the black bullet 350x parked on the side. It seemed archaic in comparison but for some reason it had its charm even from the sideline. I found myself asking for a 350x TR, but I have to wait till next week since it's out for service.
The Jayanagar showroom resembled a fish market with hardly any space to rest your helmet, forget finding a seat. I had to wait to fill the testride form as all their pens were in use! Ended up sharing it with a guy who had to take a phone call.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 18th September 2022 at 17:42.
rajathv8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 05:17   #202
BHPian

Is there a difference in the braking components used in the rebel and dapper variant? Could see bybre branding only on the rebel variants in the showroom. Can someone please confirm. A 5k difference in prices of the 2 variants only for the paint scheme doesn't seem justified.
kedar3223 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 08:46   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Being a new bike, it is bound to dissipate heat that can be felt when the engine is still setting in. At the end of the day, it is a 350cc air cooled engine and not a high capacity one which is bound to heat when in traffic or summer.
Makes sense. But ethanol content in Petrol still nags me a bit. A friend's reported his Pulsar 200NS has started running noticeably hot since introduction of 10% ethanol blended petrol(apparently ethanol increases octane rating of fuel and burns hotter) - I've noticed this on my daily driving scooter(Access 125) too. Government's going to mandate 20% ethanol blending by 2025 - I'd imagine it'd make engines hotter. On a small 350CC bike like Hunter with not much headroom for additional cooling - not sure what's going to be the case.

Have any BHPian owners completed their run-in and 1st service on the Hunter? Does the heat still persist?
Old 19th September 2022, 09:31   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
Is there a difference in the braking components used in the rebel and dapper variant?
There isnt.
The RE website for the Hunter could have done a better job with listing the variant differences.
Old 19th September 2022, 10:39   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
There isnt.
The RE website for the Hunter could have done a better job with listing the variant differences.
IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong), Rebel also gets the bluetooth navigation which Dapper doesn't.
Old 19th September 2022, 11:05   #206
BHPian

No it doesnt.
I testrode the Rebel Black and it did not have it.
RE website says it is "compatible" with the tripper navigation pod. The images are a bit misleading since the show the console with the tripper.
Some initial review videos conducted in Bangkok also show the tripper so that makes it confusing.
rajathv8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 16:15   #207
BHPian

Quote:
No it doesnt.
I testrode the Rebel Black and it did not have it.
RE website says it is "compatible" with the tripper navigation pod. The images are a bit misleading since the show the console with the tripper.
Some initial review videos conducted in Bangkok also show the tripper so that makes it confusing.
Tripper navigation is an additional accessory and it is out of stock now. Only a few aftermarket dealers have it. But those are also for Meteor since it has a chrome surrounding.
Piston_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 16:50   #208
BHPian

Some other difference between Retro and Metro that are not so obvious is seen in this video:
1. No center stand in Retro
2. Seat cover lacks ribbed pattern
3. No RE branding on headlight
4. No pilot lamp in headlight
5. Instrument pod only has fuel gauge and odo
6. Thinner tyres

Last edited by rajathv8 : 19th September 2022 at 16:55.
rajathv8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 19:34   #209
BHPian

Quote:
There isnt.
Went to the dealer again and asked the same question wrt the bybre brakes. Even they were not sure. They acknowledged that there is a visual difference with the branding. But apart from that there has been no communication from RE wrt the difference in braking components. The difference of 5k is just for the color.

What could be rationale behind this?
kedar3223 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:28   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
Now the wait to get my hands on the bike is on.

thanks
Can both the front foot pegs be folded in?
In the TR bike, i noticed that the front peg near the brake is spring loaded and it kept popping back out when pushed to fold position. Didn't check the one on the other side.
The rear foot rest could be folded in and was not spring loaded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks