Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 12:36   #121
BHPian

Re: New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Hunter hunts Ronin. Immediate price correction needed else Ronin will need to be BTO

Great, great pricing by Royal Enfield 👍
Price
Sorrry for my ignorance, but can you please tell what BTO means?
Old 10th August 2022, 12:49   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Built to Order. Just like the Apache RR310.
ashis89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 16:35   #123
Senior - BHPian

In the ZigWheels video by Kartikeya he compares the usage to the Ronin in real life, makes some good points on the city focused youthful RE running a long stroke engine which isn't very rev happy.

The Hunter takes the design, desirability, VFM areas while the Ronin takes the refinement, practicality(city), features and FE.
Why is this comparison useful ? Because the target customers of the Hunter wouldn't care much about the "thump" or any RE traditions.

RE for the first time is operating in direct competition to established players without its biggest sway factor/USP to guard it.
Fun times ahead

Last edited by shancz : 10th August 2022 at 16:35. Reason: typos
shancz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 16:50   #124
Senior - BHPian

Target customers are youngsters interested in Interceptor but cant afford one (Remember someone called this half-interceptor). All the desired values remain the same I feel, including the thump. I saw people twisting the accelerator and give this 'thump' a thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Because the target customers of the Hunter wouldn't care much about the "thump" or any RE traditions. RE for the first time is operating in direct competition to established players without its biggest sway factor/USP to guard it
Sebring is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 17:13   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Target customers are youngsters interested in Interceptor but cant afford one (Remember someone called this half-interceptor).
Bullseye
My point was that the exhaust note/thump would be compared with let's say the Ronin/CB350/Yezdi.

During the majority of Classic days(till the CB350 came along), there wasn't any competition on the same lines. Even the Interceptor and GT are still unchallenged.
Now that has changed with the Hunter IMO and I saw similar response on the exhaust note of the Ronin when youngsters were checking it out.
This would finally make the RE an option to consider rather than the only option. Most might still go with the RE but even when we suggest TDs we might ask them to check out 3-4 bikes including the Hunter.

This, to me, is good for us.
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 20:52   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Yet to ride the bike but seeing the videos I wonder if the riding ergonomics are suited for highway cruising. Forward lean with some weight on the arms and the position of the foot pegs seems like the rider is a little cramped with bent knees - not sure how it would be on long rides. Thoughts welcome.

It is sportier and looks cool for the city.
Another point, which makes it a better city tool than other REs. The rider's triangle is very slightly forward-biased. It's, by no means, committed. But it's not as relaxed like most REs. Hunter's rider triangle looks like Street Twin or Interceptor. It's fairly upright and not taxing for sure but not as laid back. From what I've read, there are many people comfortably touring on Interceptors.

Hunter's triangle is such that you can weigh the front wheels for agility when you want or go back to an upright, neutral riding position. Typically, REs have a triangle, which allows you to switch between relaxed and neutral positions.

If we grip the tank well, then even an R15 will not put any stress on the wrists, because our core supports the upper body. Out-of-shape riders will find it very taxing in just 10-15 min of riding. Thankfully, Hunter's triangle doesn't encourage a man spread and will feel more natural to ride with a tighter grip on the tank. While we still have the option of losing the grip if we're in the mood for some relaxed riding.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 10th August 2022 at 20:57.
MaheshY1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 21:10   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Feels truly value for money. Will this spell doom for the Honda CB 350? Remains to be seen
No doubt it is VFM but I think the CB350 would appeal to a more mature (not necessarily in age) demographic. Me thinks the Hunter would compete with the FZX, Ronin and everyone inbetween including the Jawas/ Yezdis.

I think the CB 350 and the Classic / Meteor crowd is a different segment altogether.

Curious to know what current CB350 riders/owners think of the Hunter? Is it something they would have seriously considered over the CB350 if it were available then?
Nimz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 21:58   #128
BHPian

I went through the mainstream media reviews and the take away is this:

A very well priced, beautiful machine, but has a wrong engine (low power), poor brakes and stiff suspension.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 09:16   #129
BHPian

While it looks absolutely smashing, the Hunter seems to be a bit of a contradiction to itself. That lies in the new-found agility package that is at odds with the relatively slow-revving RE J series 350 engine.

For someone wanting an 'RE experience', the Classic and Meteor should serve them well. For others wanting performance along with that agility (say 0-100 times within 10 secs vs RE's 15 secs), there are a world of 250s to choose from. Will be interesting to see how it sells, have a feeling those stunning looks and pricing will sway decisions more than any of the points stated above.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:08   #130
BHPian

What would you people suggest for someone confused between Hunter and the FZ25? Though they are very different bikes in terms of styling they overlap in three crucial areas: riding ergonomics, power output and the price. What pros and cons might tip a potential buyer toward either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
https://www.tvsmotor.com/builttoorder
TVS' new program where they will build a new RR310 according to your custom requirements. The joke here is that after Hunter, Ronin sales might fall so low they will build one only when someone orders it.
SkylineGTR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 10:19   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineGTR View Post
What would you people suggest for someone confused between Hunter and the FZ25? Though they are very different bikes in terms of styling they overlap in three crucial areas: riding ergonomics, power output and the price. What pros and cons might tip a potential buyer
I would say weight, looks, perceived image and the way the engine puts down its power would be the decisive factors.

Want a relatively higher revving engine thay goes up to 10k RPM and pushes 140kph, with a 0-100 time of about 10 secs? While being under a kerb weight of around 160kg for easy maneuvering? Pick the FZ25 or Pulsar 250.

Want cool looks and be part of the RE community without riding something your dad used to ride, and don't need to get anywhere in a tearing hurry? Get the Hunter.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 17:55   #132
BHPian

I saw a Hunter at Kondapur SVR Motors in Hyderabad. Sat on one bike. I felt the handle was too far away. Didn't like the way the bike felt. I got down. Must say I quickly lost interest. I liked the Meteor more than the Hunter. But looks wise Hunter looks sweet. I ended up clicking a picture of a beautiful Canyon Red Interceptor which was on display.

If I had to pick, within RE stable I would pick Meteor over Hunter and outside RE I would pick Hinda CB350RS. I have ridden both Meteor and CB350RS. I just didn't like the handlebar positioning on the Hunter. It was really far away.
Attached Thumbnails
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img20220811160258.jpg  

saikishor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 22:49   #133
BHPian

I have watched around 4-5 different reviews of the Hunter. Sagar Sheldekar, Dino, PD, Zigwheels etc. In every single review the following line has been said (paraphrasing)
"This bike is a way for new riders who want to enter the Royal Enfield family to get that experience at an affordable price"

A lot of reviewers have repeated this line. Now i understand that this is most probably a marketing tactic influenced by RE, and that's okay by me. What I'm trying to understand what RE means by "enter the RE family"? When I buy a vehicle, I care about the product itself and the after sales support I receive. I do not care about being "part of a family", whatever that means. So what exactly does RE mean by this? Are they trying to build brand loyalty? Hoping that today's Hunter buyers will grow up and buy Interceptors and Himalyans? Will they be organising group rides or something ?

I personally don't understand this concept. If the product is well made, well priced and well serviced won't people come automatically?

Last edited by SkylineGTR : 11th August 2022 at 22:50.
Old 11th August 2022, 23:08   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

With the portfolio expanding that is exactly what they mean, reliability of the bikes is a question mark though. Also yes just like Mahindra does, RE regularly organize rides and you can regiter for them on RE app. They have an upcoming 10 day ride in Leh from 20th August, these rides were on hold during covid but they are back now.

RE is definitely ticking all the boxes and are getting stronger by the day as a brand.

Last edited by AtheK : 11th August 2022 at 23:23.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 00:47   #135
BHPian

Hello All,

I would need a help from our fellow members in finalizing my next bike. I liked the hunter 350 and had a test drive today.

I felt like I was bending my back a lot to reach the handle bar. I am coming from Honda unicorn where the seating position is upright and more comfortable.

Checked with the sales rep on adjusting the handle bar, he mentioned that is not possible and told i will get used to the position after few days of usage.

Will this seating position would cause any back pain in the long run?

Can anyone please shed some light here ..

Thanks
M-Roc is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed