Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2020, 20:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
ABS unit – Has a mind of its own. The front brake lever jams with the presence of a little gravel
Congratulations from a fellow Xpulse owner. The bike is truly a VFM.
Please do get the ABS unit replaced under warranty. I've had two close calls when the front brake refused to work.
If the service advisor dismisses it, contact Hero MotoCorp through e-mail or any of their social media handles. A strong worded e-mail worked in my case and they assigned a RM for me who instructed the Service Centre to stock a replacement unit for me even without checking the bike. Got a call from the Service Centre to get the unit replaced next week.

Quote:
Headlight – Low beam is ok, high beam is useless
In my case I tried adjusting the headlight tilt and was able to get a satisfactory result atleast for city rides.
TheRajput is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 21:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Extending a hearty welcome to the forum....

Could definitely relate to this part.....Bike v/s car would almost result in 1.5-2 hrs of time saved every day, which easily adds up to 10 hours a week of productive time lost on the road, lol!
Thanks Karthik. 10 hours a week and good amount of fuel saved too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
I got mine replaced free of cost under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Hero is replacing it under warranty. I got it changed and is working fine now. Get it changed asap and be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Please do get the ABS unit replaced under warranty. I've had two close calls when the front brake refused to work.
I had spoken to my dealer for the replacement ABS unit and they said there is a wait time of a month after ordering the part and had ordered it, but by then had left Bangalore with my family due to rising covid-19 cases. Nu-bike was prepped up for long storage under a cover before leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
The bike begs to be taken off road or on bad roads. Just stand up on foot pegs slightly and let the bike do it's job, it makes it that easy.
I loved reading your review asst.ggn. BTW I normally take the more pothole ridden route to office just for the heck of it. It brings a smile on my face gliding over those potholes/rural roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp77 View Post
On a similar note, does the puncture sealant work with tube tyres? I think they are made specifically for tubeless tyres.
The puncture sealant is supposed to work for tubed and tubeless tyres. I have checked the tyres almost every week for punctures due to nails or any other objects but have not found anything. So honestly I cannot comment on how durable they are.
TBH you will face flat tyres where there are 'puncture repair' shops. I have not seen puncture The route I used to take to office did not have many 'puncture repair' shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
About the seat cover shop - are you referring to the one near Elgin talkies circle, the road that goes towards gujri?

Sorry for the off topic question.
I have a Electra and would love to swap the headlight from xpulse... How is the overall light throw.
Its Rao seat cover. They are quite expensive now given their popularity and their quality is ok. I'm guessing the unit on the xpulse might be a 6 inch. The throw is ok .

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaith View Post
'Nu bike' is going to stick with me for a long time to come. Your relationship with your son is a greater take away for me from this thread than the bike itself which I have high regard for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinkbhaskar View Post
Double congratulations on acquiring a sensible bike and exploring the petrolhead side of the kiddo
He wants to sit on it and take a ride every time he sees it and the curiosity to know what each component is.

Quote:
In my case I tried adjusting the headlight tilt and was able to get a satisfactory result atleast for city rides.
Its good for city rides but for unlit roads I felt it is inadequate. Maybe I'm used to the spread from the halogen unit on my Dio.
shady is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 09:15   #18
BHPian

That's a petrol head in the works and I'm sure he's in good hands.
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 12:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
The center stand was fitted at the service center at a cost of Rs.850 including labor charges.
I plan to get the center stand fitted too but having second thoughts as I've heard in some video reviews that the stand interferes with the chain sometimes. How has your experience been?
TheRajput is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 16:56   #20

Quote:
I have a Electra and would love to swap the headlight from xpulse (don't want to try any Chinese led as of now).
If you successfully replace Electra’s headlight with Xpulse’s, please create a DIY thread of it. Your post reminded me how mediocre RE Electra’s stock headlight is and I’m interested in Xpulse’s headlight now.
Old 28th September 2020, 10:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I plan to get the center stand fitted too but having second thoughts as I've heard in some video reviews that the stand interferes with the chain sometimes. How has your experience been?
So far it has not interfered with the chain, only dirt from the chain is flung on to the left portion of the stand.
Old 28th September 2020, 16:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Shady, congratulations on your new Xpulse. It is fast becoming a forum favourite and that is well deserved.

SS80 - The Xpulse's headlight output is not very bright from what I have seen. It appears to not have a high intensity or spread. Im not sure how much better it would be as compared to your Electra.

I recently tried the old Thunderbird's clear glass multi reflector headlight on my bike, that was a good upgrade to the stock lighting on my Continental GT 535.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 13:22   #23
BHPian

NuBike completed 3000 kms in Feb.
Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_20210208_065129.jpg

NuBike has not run much since then. With WFH extended running will not be much in the coming days.

I got the final free service done from Hero. The bill came to Rs.584 inclusive of oil change.
shady is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 15:12   #24
BHPian

Was the ABS unit replaced?
Old 29th April 2021, 00:42   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Was the ABS unit replaced?
I have not replaced the unit yet. I was in Bangalore for a short timeframe and didn't change it. I plan to change it during the next service.
shady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 00:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic review.
True that the suspension is awesome in this bike.
About the seat cover shop - are you referring to the one near Elgin talkies circle, the road that goes towards gujri?

Sorry for the off topic question.
I have a Electra and would love to swap the headlight from xpulse (don't want to try any Chinese led as of now).

Could you please share a few photos of the headlight, also is this a 7" unit? How is the overall light throw.
I guess you'll be better off with a mad-dog 7 inch replacement unit. Will be much cheaper and will give better illumination as well. Bhpian Karthikk has installed it in his inteceptor as well.
Old 8th June 2021, 23:06   #27
BHPian

After the last free service in Feb 2021 Nubike had not run much and after the lockdown bare minimum running. One weekend I casually did a DIY checkup and found the engine oil to be highly discolored for such minimal running (200 kms). The oil had lost its viscosity and I could feel the gears were very clunky to shift.

I planned to change the oil and did some research and decided to go with semi synthetic for now since there will not be much running. Purchased 2 cans of Shell 10w-40 semi synthetic and did the oil change somewhere in the third week of May. Planning to clean the oil filter during the next change.
I have done about 50 kms after the change & there is a huge difference with the shell oil. Gearshifts are much more smoother and the engine is more refined compared to the engine (cooking) oil that Hero refills . No pictures of the oil change as I was alone and had dirty hands.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_20210607_183950.jpg  

Old 8th June 2021, 23:21   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Planning to clean the oil filter during the next change.
Don't bother unless you're really bored.

In reality the rotor Filter would barely need any attention at the time of changing clutch plates, that is provided you're prudent about your oil changes.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 11:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Don't bother unless you're really bored.
Noted Ashwin.

Quote:
The oil had lost its viscosity and I could feel the gears were very clunky to shift.
Missed to add the oil quantity was around 1200ml after draining & 1200ml new oil was added.
shady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 20:13   #30
BHPian

Things were silent after the second wave and consecutive lockdowns & restrictions. Life was only about wfh & stay at home. Weekends were spent at home or going for short walks around home. It wasn't until August that we actually started to venture out just to beat the monotony of staying at home. A few short drives & some errands to run here and there during August & September. Sigh! In October I felt I needed a ride and posted in the Bangalore rides thread. With no response on that thread, I went on a few solo rides (15~20 kms) to a few places just to explore and beat the monotony of daily routines.

I was going about my daily routines when I got a PM from bhpian TheHelix0202 for a ride and things were planned. Bheemeshwari picnic spot, on the banks of the Cauvery, was the destination planned. We set off by 5AM on 27th November, a cloudy Saturday morning with a possibility of rain on the way. Thankfully there was only a light drizzle occasionally. The weather was perfect for the entire ride. We rode by the side of Cauvery and made a stop at Muthathi. We headed back home after that and were back in the mad city traffic just in time for a late lunch.

Adding some pics from the ride.

Somewhere before Harohalli
Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_4375.jpg

Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_4394.jpg

The Cauvery was almost in full flow with the rains.
Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_4416.jpg

Muthathi
Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_20211127_100036.jpg

Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_20211127_120826.jpg

A valley on the way back.
Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_20211127_122532.jpg

Nubike completed 4000kms before the trip.
Review: My Hero Xpulse 200 (aka "Nu Bike")-img_20211127_045624.jpg

Thanks to TheHelix0202 it was a good ride after a long time & looking forward to more rides.
shady is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks