Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2020, 12:17   #1
BHPian

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200228_134455.jpg

Unable to find a pertinent Xpulse 200 thread on the forum thus, I thought I’d put up my impressions about my Xpulse 200 BS4 motorcycle (bought Jan 31, 2020). The focus of this thread will shift constantly as it reflects part ownership, part review and part self-indulgence. But before I get into the motorcycle details let me build a bit of context first.

I live in Patnitop, a small hill station in J&K and for the past 5 years the Maruti Gypsy MG410W has been my choice for exploring the Himalaya. These decisions have been amply documented in my other thread (1996 Maruti Gypsy MG410W - Going places). However, an old Gypsy only lends to a leisurely yet an ecologically unfriendly type of travel — considering I’m burning 7 litres of fuel for every 100 kilometres of solo travel.

Since the dissolution of Article 370 in August, there have been a couple of thoughts that been bothering me - One, I haven't seen as much of J&K as I would have wanted to. The 370 dissolution will lead to a big land grab (earlier only state citizens of the state were allowed to buy land in the state). Land grabs are often associated with destruction of natural beauty as is evident in my home state of Himachal and Uttarakhand. So I decided to put my procrastination aside and turn my ennui in concrete action about exploring more of this state. Two, my personal life is different from what it was 5 years ago, when I could take a lot of long vacations. Now that running a small homestay in Patnitop means my travel windows are much short, infrequent and unplanned. A last minute guest cancellation gives me 2 days of vacation which can be put to a small yet convenient exploration spree.

Given this brief I started to look for a way by which I could indulge my wanderlust without breaking the proverbial time limit or the ecology. I discussed this dilemma with my younger brother and his suggestion - Get a used dual sport bike. Made sense, as I have explored most of North Africa on a Honda CRF250. But that was in another time when I was living in Europe and I had an array of dual sports to choose from.

Now my Indian motorcycle ownership has been a mixed bag. While I was working in Chandigarh from 2004-2008 I owned the first gen Honda Unicorn. It was my office commuter and touring bike rolled into one. I have done just over 120,000 on this motorcycle before I handed it to my younger brother.

When I returned to India in 2015 I bought myself a Duke 390. My logic that roads have improved in India and the 390 at that time seemed the perfect machine to travel pan India. Yet, try as I may I could never bond with that motorcycle. Nothing wrong with the capability of the machine. It was immensely capable but it did not fit into the role I had in mind. It was too flashy and drew a lot of attention to itself. The high strung engine was lumpy under 5000k rpm and riding it over bad Himalayan roads was a challenge given its road biased suspension and rear set pegs. My younger brother was only too happy to take it off my hands.

Now I've owned dual sport and dirt bikes before in Europe. The highlight among which was a used Honda 250 that I rode from Italy through to Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal, Mali, Niger & Chad before being refused visa for Libya. So when my brother suggested a dual sport it brought back a lot of fond memories.

Since the 390 debacle, I was quite clear about what I wanted a motorcycle that was close to a CRF250. I would not have much time to spend on the machine so a simple air cooled motor that I could thrash, with decent ground clearance and low maintenance was a priority. My options in Novermber were to re-buy the now 160 unicorn, get a used impulse or a new Xpulse. The unicorn was carb only but could be had cheap. The Impulse fit my needs but again was carb only and good condition pieces were hard to come by. Now I’ve done my share of carrying and changing jets at high passes in the Himalayas and I do not have the urge to do it all over again (if Eric's thread is any indication (Replacing the KB-RTZ offroad specials - My Hero Impulse)). So this time I was adamant I wanted a Fuel Injected motorcycle. That coupled with a lack of good used options on the impulse, kind of pushed me towards the only option I had available - A FI Xpulse.

Last edited by antihero : 4th March 2020 at 23:10. Reason: Grammar
antihero is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 14:01   #2
BHPian

re: My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust

So what drew me to the Xpulse 200?

1. Fuel Injection (yes I’m done with changing carb jets at 16000 feet - been there done that for 4 years with the Unicorn)
2. Relatively cheap at 125,000 on road for the FI variant. I wouldn't mind thrashing it or pushing the envelope till the bike or the rider caved in.
3. Honest (non-pretentious) looking bike. No fake shrouds, intakes and panels. Everything is there for a reason except for the hideous sticker job
4. Simple - air cooled, stress free single. No radiator - Don’t need one in cool Himalayas.
5. 200cc engine shared across multiple Hero models, which means engine part availability shouldn’t be a problem
6. 220 mm Ground Clearence. The more the better here on bad to non existent roads. 220 mm is 10 mm more than my MG410W.
7. Spoked Wheels. Same as the 1st gen Unicorn I’ve owned Ultra reliable over bad roads in the Himalaya.
8. Kick Start. Because self starters tend to cave in and die in sub zero temperatures we get here.
9. Availability of a Rally Kit - The ability to turn it into a far capable bad roader after a few 10,000 kilometres.
10. Bad road bias - Long travel suspension with gaiters, bash plate, high mount exhaust etc.

Before we get carried away with the pretensions of jumps, brraaap or pinning it lets get it clear - the Xpulse is not a dirt bike. I would be hard pressed to even call it a dual sport, given its sedate power and over 150 kg kerb weight. What it is however is a commuter with a strong bad road bias. With better tyres, sprocket and suspension it can come close to a dual sport. Yet there’s not much you can lose from its 150 kg + weight. Just to put things into perspective, my favourite dual sport - A Kawasaki DRZ400 that I have owned for over a year (though in a Supermoto avatar) has twice the power (around 30 kW) and weighs in just under 150 kg. Yet I have to applaud Hero for coming up with an update to the Impulse given its dismal sales. I just wish they didn't play it that safe.

Buying experience or rather lack of it

It is already November end by the time I’ve finalised the Xpulse 200 but now there’s a looming BS6 deadline over the horizon. Given that most motorcycles will lose power and gain weight and price in their BS6 avatar I am eager to get one soon. Jainco Automobiles, the oldest and most reputed dealerships in Jammu promises me a bike by the end of December.
“We just cant promise you the grey colour you want”.
Beggars can't be choosers so I plonk a 5k advance and wait, wait and wait. The showroom staff is suddenly very busy and refuse to return calls. At the end of December when I insist on a specific delivery date they tell me that they cannot get a bike for me. Excuses range from production line stopped to an updated BS6 model being launched in January. Due to their lies, I refuse to deal with them and call my younger brother in Delhi asking him to get the same model in his name. Sapphire Bikes - Lajpat Nagar, Delhi has a white FI model in stock and I ask my brother to buy it. Yet, when he goes to collect it, the salesperson tell him that it's already booked by someone else. Sigh! Poor thing has to go to Arc Motor, Okhla, where they have another white model available and proceeded to do a PDI and buy it.
My point here is that while we live under the semblance of choice, yet choice is an illusion (the matrix?). Anyone who has gone to buy a specific car/bike model and colour combination will know what I mean. This is not just limited to Hero, I had the same experience when buying the Honda Unicorn and the KTM Duke. Here is a customer with money in his hands asking for a model that a company makes yet the company is unable to provide him with one and in the colour he wants.

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-img20200131wa0041.jpg
At showroom, Delhi

So a white Xpulse it is. My brother is excited to have to have the bike with him in Delhi. Getting it back from the showroom via what he calls a “scenic route” he claims that its excellent for the city (better than the 390 duke, which he now owns) yet nosedives like a duck on a hint of front brakes. Then he tells me that the Hero RideGuide app is extremely buggy as well.

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-img20200131wa0043.jpg
Navigation

This now means I have to travel to Delhi in the next few weeks to get the bike back here in J&K.

Last edited by antihero : 4th March 2020 at 23:14.
antihero is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 18:24   #3
BHPian

Running in - A 750 kilometre road trip

Running in - A 750 kilometre road trip

I take a train to Delhi to pick up the bike. The bike has only done a 160 kilometres so far (apparently brother has had a rough month at work) and I plan to take it on a 750 kilometre maiden trip back to Patnitop (J&K).

Till Chandigarh (250-300 kms)

Delhi to Chandigarh, no drama. Since the bike still needs to be run in, I keep modulating the gears and rpm (max 5000) over the 250 kilometres and this journey takes me 7 hours. How easy it is to run in a bike in the mountains where you seldom stay in one gear for over a minute, in the plains it is a pain in the neck. This initial ride gives me a brief idea about what the Xpulse is about. Here are a few initial impressions.

1. The bike is very easy to control, almost comically so. The chassis and suspension dynamics are excellent. Can be chucked in and out and despite the larger front wheel is a nimble direction changer.

2. The 200cc engine feels underpowered. Perhaps my expectations were higher. I reckon it is very similar to the Unicorn 150cc in terms of power delivery.

3. The foot-pegs are way up. I am 5’7” and I found them to be on the higher side. Anyone over 5’10” will realise they have to bend their knees significantly.

4. Despite the 220 mm ground clearance, I can still tiptoe both my feet on the ground.

5. The seat is crap. It is not because its narrow or less cushioned but it is the shape or rather the hole Hero has dug in to keep the seat height low. I can see why the company did it given the average height in India. Yet, for a bike with dual sport pretensions a flatter (albeit higher) seat that allows me to move for and aft would have been much more welcome.

6. Handlebars are lower than they should be. Standing on the pegs means I have to bend over to reach the bars. And I did a lot of standing on the pegs due to the poor seat design.

7. The dash design is excellent. Kudos Hero for a dash that is easy to read & navigate — day or night. P.S. I still hate a digital tacho and fuel gauge. An analog tacho is far easier to glance at and I’ve never found a digital fuel gauge that is accurate. The amount of fuel shown is depends on its whim or which side of the bike you got on in the morning. It is the same problem on the KTM Duke and the thunderbird 350. How difficult can it be to calibrate a digital fuel gauge? Because right now it feels like alchemy that eludes any Indian motorcycle manufacturer.

I hit Chandigarh around 1830 just as it is about to get dark. Thankfully Chandigarh has some decent helmet shops and I can get rid of my borrowed Studds helmet for a better helmet. I roll into Helmet Shoppe in Sector 21 Chandigarh and the shop assistant on seeing the Xpulse immediately steers me into the “off road” helmet section. Which he reckons are the rage nowadays. I have no urge to get an “off road” helmet as I do not need the beak. My criteria is threefold — safety, ventilation and a good anti fogging system. The SMK Twister at 4k is ECE R22-05 certified, comes with 4 vents and has a built-in pinlock 30 anti-fogging system which wraps the deal for me.

Chandigarh to Himachal (~ 250km)

Starting from Chandigarh I am caught in a dilemma. The motorcycle has done 500 kilometres and technically can go in for its first service, so should I get the first service done in Chandigarh (means a late start) or along the way. I decide to stop at Ladian Motors, Ropar (an hour from chandigarh) which means I can avoid the morning rush and yet be at the dealership just as it opens. Turns out to be a good decision. The dealership staff is just trudging in and mine is the first bike in. The bike is the rage in the dealership. The service advisor reckons its the first Xpulse they have taken in for service, the head mechanic is roosting all over it — not letting other mechanics service it. The parts manager (a fellow Himachali) is wondering if the upswept exhaust will burn the pillion. I am piled with free chai and everyone takes turns sitting on it and riding it inside the dealership. First service cost — just under ₹ 400. Its just the oil and the filter that needs a change.

A quick oil change and a wash later I am headed on a dual lane to Hoshiarpur and beyond. The engine has opened up after the first service and I can wring the throttle a bit now. Today it will not take me 7 hours to do the 250 kilometres I have planned. I love these dual lane roads in Punjab with their varied traffic. Everything from Jugaad, tractors to maniac driven private buses doing 90 plus, horns blazing. I have a choice in the last bit of my journey today. A longer highway run over good roads or a much shorter 30 km jaunt over a narrow Village Road that is usually in abad spate. This is a bad road bike so I choose the later and what a hoot it is. This is exactly the terrain this bike was made for. Gravel road, riding the pegs, tail swishing out on corners and my legs adding to the long travel suspension. The 30 km is dispatched in under an hour and I have a big grin on my face as I roll into my hometown in Himachal.

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200219_11202401_compress93.jpg

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200219_10232401_compress21.jpg

Himachal to Patnitop (~200 km)

The next morning I consciously avoid the highway and only use the interior village roads to Udhampur and on to Patnitop. Although I’ve always wanted to take this route but given the 390 Duke’s bias for the highway I've been avoiding it. Today I take these roads without worrying about the potholes or the gravel crusted turns. 200 odd kilometres over bad roads see me back home at Patnitop, with the Xpulse parked in its usual place. I still need to get used to these ceat tyres because on anything other than fine gravel I am a bit nervous as it feels like I am losing air. All the bike needs now is a proper wash and I’m on to other adventures in the Himalayas.

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200220_175629_compress32.jpg

More observations-

8. The cruising sweet spot for the motorcycle is between 75 and 90 kmh (6000-7500 rpm). Excellent! This is where I ride most of the time.

9. The power delivery is extremely linear, which makes it feel a little too sedate. Power comes in at around 3000 rpm, there’s a little surge at 5000 which stays on till 6500 rpm, then it tapers off at 7500 rpm after which the vibes start to creep in. 3000 to 7500 rpm is a pretty broad power band, excellent for bad roading.

10. The Ceat tyres are good over fine gravel but extremely bumpy and skittish over fist sized rocks. At times I had to stop and check if I was losing air in my rear tyre.

Last edited by antihero : 5th March 2020 at 07:42. Reason: Grammar
antihero is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 10:05   #4
BHPian

Homecoming and first checkup

Homecoming and first checkup

The first thing that I do with any vehicle that I own is spend a day or two digesting the user manual. This is also true for the Xpulse 200. Out of all the bikes that Ive owned, the user manual for the Hero Xpulse is the poorest. The print quality is poor, most of it deals with setting up the digital console rather than practical repairs and maintaintainence. Furthermore the diagrams are poorly illustrated and sometimes incorrectly marked. Nonetheless, given the simple nature of the bike there’s not much that needs an introduction or illustration.

The second thing to do with all new machines in my garage is to give them a wash and wax and then go over them with a set of basic hand tools. I have little faith in any company’s factory inspection and this is a good chance to see how well the bike has been put together. This basic inspection also gives me a chance to.

1. Take apart an put everything that can go wrong on the road and put it back together in the relative safety and comfort of my garage. On the road taking something apart for the first time is error prone. In the past, I have lost bolts or snapped plastic grommets before because I was tired and/or just plain careless.

2. It helps me prepare my “on the road” toolkit. My modus operandi is that I make a list of all the spanner sizes that I am using from my home tool kit, then create a smaller tool kit with a set of specific spanners and hand tools that fit the bike. For the Xpulse 200 it is a mix of open end spanners, screw driver and allen keys. I will share a complete list later.

The overall fit and finish seem fine besides a few niggles.

- The wire end for the o2 sensor is frayed.
- Clutch cable has not been routed through the metal grommets
- Battery postive terminal rubber nubbin is not placed correctly
- Battery bolts are begining to rust (WD40 and vaseline applied)
- Throttle cable not lubed
- Clutch bite point is ill adjusted
- The philips screws are poor quality and will not last multiple opena nd close
- Spark plug gap is not set according to specs

Little things but it gives me an overall understanding of where everything is and how well its put together. Useful when I’m on the road.

Couple of interesting facts though.

1. The paper air filter is non cleanable, only replacable
2. The bike comes with an “evaporative emission control system” that traps fuel vapour and pours it back in the tank. This has partly to do with the new emissions standards.
3. The rims have the manufacturing year and month stamped on them, which gives you an indication of when the bike was manufactured.
4. NGK sparkplug (not iridium)
5. 10w30 engine oil.
6. The chain comes with a master link for easy removal.
7. Rear swingarm adjustment markers are plain lines and dont have numbers, Its much easier to use numbers to align both sides after a chain adjustment.

I'm adding the motorcycle specs from the user manual. This is important as it saves needless “I think it’s this” discussions later in the thread.

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-screenshot_20200305091146_drive.jpg

A lot has been said about the poor headlight quality on the Xpulse. It is unfortunate. Yes, the headlamp is weak if you’re doing a night highway run. Nonetheless, there’s also the adjustment that most people miss out on. Out of the factory the headlight is configured for an unladen bike. The bike sits a couple of inches lower with a rider and luggage. This means that your low beam now is decidedly lower than optimal. The good thing is that this bike comes with an old fashioned round headlamp no headlight fairing. The headlight is easily adjustable using only two nuts. So take 5 minutes, loosen the adjustment nuts sit on the bike with your luggage and refocus the beam. Its important to load the bike as you would on normal runs when adjusting the headlamp throw. Once this is done, I reckon the headlamp is good for upto 65 kmh. Good enough for the mountains but for higher speed cruising one needs aux lamps or perhaps a brighter LED bulb in the headlamp. Note to self: Keep an eye out on amazon for a more powerful headlamp bulb.

As with all my garage I will run this bike stock for a couple of months than look at modifying it. Running it stock for a few months gives me a better understanding of things I can live with and things I can’t live with.

Next: The Xpulse’s first couple of bad road runs in the Himalayas.
Attached Thumbnails
My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200305_094719.jpg  

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200305_094620.jpg  

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200305_094538.jpg  

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200305_094306.jpg  

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200305_094035.jpg  

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200305_093925.jpg  

My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200304_102325_compress69.jpg  

Last edited by antihero : 5th March 2020 at 10:22.
antihero is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 08:28   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Motorcycle Section. Thanks for sharing!

Your bike is going to our homepage today .
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 09:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the bike & a very well written log there. Rated 5*

XPulse 200 Fi is one of the bikes am looking at as a replacement for my 12.3 year old RTR160 & hence will keep an eye on this thread. Can't speak much about himalayas as I haven't been that side, but down here in the plains(read Bangalore) the roads are not too great either. Infact the road condition(and a kick-start) is the reason I am considering Xpulse 200 seriously. Test drove the bike a couple of months back and its indeed made for bad roads. Power-wise it doesn't feel like an upgrade from the RTR160 at all(inspite of 40cc & 3BHP increment). But thanks to the ever increasing moronic traffic sense among users, I seldom cross 80/90 these days on a 2-wheeler, so this should be fine. I just wish it had a stronger lower end.

Did you face any issues with the ABS yet? Quite a few reports suggested it being a little weird in behavior, making the brakes hard in emergency situations.

Do keep this thread updated as it will help us future buyers stay informed on relevant issues
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 11:46   #7
BANNED

Dude.... Seriously, you made my morning. And I don't even like Hero bikes

Extremely well written. I speed-read most parts and am going to read the whole piece again later in the evening.

Motorcycling through North Africa and Europe; and now doing the same through the Himalayas!!! You are one lucky guy indeed. Excellent I say. Love to read about folks who are living the life shown in those glamorous motorcycle commercials.

Enjoy that motorcycle and stay safe.

Cheers

Last edited by Aditya : 7th March 2020 at 15:32. Reason: Typo
mohansrides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 11:47   #8
BHPian

Quality writeup! Wish you good times ahead with the bike.

I'll be watching this one for sure. Hope you keep both the bike and the thread active.
drt_rdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 12:14   #9

Congratulations on the new bike.

Your experience, expertise, and love show through the write-up.

I have a choice in the last bit of my journey today. A longer highway run over good roads or a much shorter 30 km jaunt over a narrow Village Road that is usually in abad spate.

The part about choosing the village road over the highways reminded me of Pirsig's 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'.

Deservedly rated 5 stars.

Drive Safe
lalgudi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 13:15   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

My only concern is the tube type tyres. I am very paranoid about getting stuck in middle of no where or when attending an important appointment because of a flat tyre. Once i came home from an important last moment event and saw a huge nail stuck in the rear tyre which is tubeless. Wondered, how inconvenient it would have been if it was a tube type tyre

For you, would it not be more applicable since you tour on remote hilly roads. How would you deal with a flat at high, cold mountain roads?
Old 6th March 2020, 13:21   #11
BHPian

When this was launched I wanted to buy this because of the stance and the suspension it offered, but the dealership experience left a sour taste and I skipped a few segments and bought a Continental GT 650 instead. The Xpulse is a very capable motorcycle and if anybody doesn't launch a sub 300cc 'dirtbike' this will be my next motorcycle as I would want to venture into off roading.

Congratulations, Ride Safe and Wish you many Kms of Happy Riding!
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 13:33   #12
BHPian

Congratulations! The XPulse has got a lot of anti-hero folks interested and clearly you are one of them (or us, if I may say).

That's a crisp write-up! IMO the XPulse looks best in white as it properly contrasts the otherwise black and gunmetal finish. The exhaust heat shield on your bike seems to be black as seen on the other colors available, whereas on some other white units it gets a gunmetal finish.

Quote:
Hero RideGuide app is extremely buggy as well.
Yes, the navigation sucks. Outside city limits, most of the times it just keeps reconnecting forever until you stop - disconnect - reconnect manually.

Quote:
First service cost — just under ₹ 400. Its just the oil and the filter that needs a change.
I think it's just the engine oil that costs ₹3xx. The air filter isn't meant to be replaced until 15k kms (unless there's an issue) and the oil filter is just supposed to be cleaned during the first service.

Lastly, I'd like to add that although the USB charger is a nice feature, there's not much space to keep the cellphone (especially given the ever increasing size) and the size of the storage unit could've been a bit more to accommodate.

Once again, congrats on what seems to be the third white Xpulse on the forum! Ride safe and please keep the thread updated if possible. Cheers!
VR/46_Chet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 14:49   #13
BHPian

Your narration is so crisp & contains only knowledge - no ifs & buts or any emotional moments.
Looking forward to your journeys, please pen them too.
100BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 17:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Excellent writing skills and just the right garage for the location which we can only dream off! Do write about your homestay and other travel experiences!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 17:31   #15
BHPian

Congratulations! It is so awesome to see another white XPulse FI on the forum. Our buying experience and yours are eerily matched! I wanted a grey bike at first. When we decided to get the bike just before the BS6 transition, we found out that it was sold out all across West Bengal. There was this one white bike available, in a different city about 75kms away, and my father went ahead and brought the bike home the very next day. However, having seen her in flesh, I think that the white looks the best.

Loved the thread. I am sure it will get even more interesting with time, with your stories of the hills. I have seen photos of your Gypsy for so many years and I can only imagine the places that the XPulse is going to see. You, Sir, have my dream garage!

You have compared the XPulse to some of the benchmark dual-sports of the world, and it hasn't done too terribly I would say. It will take me a long time to be as experienced on the saddle as you are on different bikes and terrains, but so many of thoughts are similar to yours. I made the same observation about how the problem with the seat is how it has been scooped to make it more accessible, and not padding or the lack of it (which is generous when compared to other dual sports). It's a pity that Hero does not pay attention to detail, the bike is wonderful otherwise. The manual (which I think is a half-done job as well) is made for the carb variant.

I have kind of made my way around the front ABS issue, by tapping on it multiple times whenever I sense that it's going haywire. I'm sure it will start acting up when I properly ride off road trails, but from what I know, disengaging the ABS through its fuse will also cause the speedo to stop reading. I wonder what setup they're running the factory prepped Hero race bikes. What do you think about this?

Also, we do have a thread where we discuss the XPulse:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4763223 (Hero teases small adventure bike. EDIT: It's the XPulse 200)

And here's another awesome thread where we talk off-road riding on two wheels:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ps-advice.html (Offroad Riding - Tips & Advice)

Lastly, Paula says Hi!
My Hero XPulse 200 - Himalayan Wanderlust-20200225_152439-1.jpg

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed