Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2020, 08:33   #451
BHPian

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
It should be the quick shifter issue. Never rest the leg on the gear lever or keep it in enaged position. Because this sends the signal that you are going to change the gear and thus this jerk due to cut off.

Try Switching off quick shifter and if still, the problem persists go to the SVC. I had similar issue in my ducati and switching off quick shifter helped. Eventually had to change the quick shifter module.
Not sure if the QS is the cause of the issue.

The latest batches of 390 Adventure(I bought mine a month back), do come with the QS turned off and cannot be turned on unless one has 1000kms on the clock. Since my first 45 days came up and I hadn't yet done 1000kms(980kms something), I was under the assumption that this will be turned on during the 1st first service, but the SA said that the software will turn on the QS, only when 1k kms was completed.

This issue could be more likely a case of a loose connector as Jaggu pointed out.
Neo18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 16:06   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Profesor View Post
Hello Guys! I'm new to the forum, so please correct me if I make any mistakes while posting.

I have taken the delivery of the Adventure 390 yesterday from Ahuja KTM in Andheri - Saki Naka. I was recording a lot of video footage so don't have many pictures to post. Will try and make a proper ownership experience post soon.

I have been noticing something odd on my first ride of about 70 kms on day 1. In gears, 1,2,3 and 4, between 2,500 - 4,500 rpms, it suddenly jerks and cuts off acceleration on tunes of how a carb bike would give you an indication that the fuel is about to go on reserve. It's quite odd as the bike jerks while I'm holding throttle randomly and drops rpm by 200-400 rpm. It happened about 25-30 times and was spoiling the rather smooth experience of the engine.

Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Congrats on the Adv 390! I got my Kawasaki er-6n from KTM Andheri East 4 years back and Mohit, the owner is an amazing person.

Coming to your issue, as you may have seen from reviews, the bike doesn't like anything under 4K RPM. May be it's a bit of right gearing vs right RPM issue. I had the one with "check engine oil" light on and abrupt engine shutdown - a couple of ECU updates fixed it.

On your replace/accessories list, unless you are going to do hardcore offroading, the company fitted bashplate seems to be of good quality. Like RedLiner said, observe what you personally need for at least a 1000 km of riding under different conditions before getting anything
btdhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 17:56   #453
BHPian

Re: To the desert !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
Near Pindwara
There is an underrated dhaba (Trimurti) near Pindwara serving excellent Sev Tomato and Tikkad (as they call it). Do give it a try next time. Excellent pics, by the way
ast.ggn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 21:17   #454
BHPian

Guys,

At 180cms,(5 feet 11 inches), I find it difficult to ride the 390 Adv, standing up. I find that I have to stoop to hold the handlebar and its uncomfortable in this attack position. I am looking at some handlebar risers, for a more upright stance during standup riding, but not sure if I should go for one of the desi ones or play safe and invest in a well designed, but expensive Rox Risers.

Being a critical component which will have to take a lot of stress, am not sure how well tested, the home made handlebar risers are. If it were a cosmetic mod, I would have blindly gone with an ali-express one or any of the home grown brands.

Any Owners who have installed handlebar risers, or any insight into quality risers, please advise.
Old 26th October 2020, 23:05   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo18 View Post
...Any Owners who have installed handlebar risers, or any insight into quality risers, please advise.
Carbon Racing was advertising some handle risers which they claim to be made ready after extensive testing. Please check their website / instagram for more details
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 21:34   #456
BHPian

Hemant from HDT Customs has now worked on his ADV 390s suspensions. Video below :
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 12:23   #457
BHPian

The squeaking front brakes are becoming more and more annoying by the day and show no signs of recovering. The squeel left right and centre, all day long.

Mechanic at KTM Bagga Link says there's no workaround it.

Anybody worked out a solution for the squeaking brakes yets?
Old 1st November 2020, 19:10   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys - has anyone got more details on the spoke wheels? I saw that in a video of Art of Motorcycles and now in the HDT video as well.
Old 1st November 2020, 20:09   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Guys - has anyone got more details on the spoke wheels? I saw that in a video of Art of Motorcycles and now in the HDT video as well.
The general consensus is 99% of us don’t need them, or want them. Even abroad, most guys have ended up making peace with the reasonably robust cast wheels. The ease of fixing a stray puncture is unparalleled.

They do make the bike look good, but for the kind of offroad you can actually throw at this bike with the stock suspension components and a 19 front, I think cast wheels are the right choice.

I am sorry I didn’t really answer your question.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 20:39   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The general consensus is 99% of us don’t need them, or want them. Even abroad, most guys have ended up making peace with the reasonably robust cast wheels. The ease of fixing a stray puncture is unparalleled....
Didnt quite understand. Do you mean to say that spoke wheels cant use tubeless tyres? Or saying the puncture fix (mushroom patch?) are different for alloy wheels & spoke wheels?
Old 1st November 2020, 20:42   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Didnt quite understand. Do you mean to say that spoke wheels cant use tubeless tyres? Or saying the puncture fix (mushroom patch?) are different for alloy wheels & spoke wheels?
Traditional spoke wheels and tubeless tyres don’t work unless you install some rubbish solution that may or may not work at any given point in time. New age spoke wheels with spokes mounted differently can carry tubeless tyres. But fixing those spokes or rims might be an exercise in themselves, and getting a new one might cost you a kidney or more...yes they are expensive.

Yes, a puncture fix is completely different between the two. Have you fixed a puncture on your bike? And have you seen how it’s done on a tubed tyre?
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 00:40   #462
BHPian

Does anybody have experience with changing the spark plugs to a laser iridium one like this?
https://www.amazon.in/NGK-LKAR8AI9-I.../dp/B0050514SW

Customer reviews say it is a must have for KTM 390s.

Also, does anybody have any experience with changing the stock oil filter? I'm thinking of upgrading to a K&N Filter.

https://www.amazon.in/AIR-FILTER-DUK...omotive&sr=1-1
Old 19th November 2020, 01:02   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone done any suspension update to make the ride better? I hear suggestions on swapping it with 250 / latest 390 suspension etc to make it a little more comfortable.
Old 20th November 2020, 10:21   #464
BHPian

Need some expert advice on aux lights for the 390 adv. With the thousands of cheap Chinese aux lights available in the market, unable to even zero down on 2-3 choices. Requirements are spot lights in the range of 7k for, yellow filter /black cover if available would be brilliant. Heard mixed reviews of maddog lights, so thats out. Any shops in Delhi NCR where I can source them from.
RabidBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 12:20   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Also, there is still no news about official KTM powerparts (as promised) for the KTM 390 Adv, so I am holding back on panniers, saddle bags and top rack/top box. Was thinking about Bungee cords for luggage. Does anybody have experience with them? Which one would you recommend? And how compatible are they with the KTM 390 Adv?
If you are not riding with a pillion, go for Viaterra POD bags - they have 12L and 22L. These will fit any motorcycle's pillion seat and I can vouch this will not move an inch on a long ride. 100% waterproof as well.

Last edited by Romins : 24th November 2020 at 12:22.
Romins is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks