Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2022, 13:55   #871

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Hi Everyone !

Please let me know good Shops to buy accessories for 390 adventure in Chennai. Starting with frame sliders, side stand extender etc.

Also any tips on any particular shops to buy riding gears starting with a jacket to be worn for daily commute and Helmet.

Cheers
ranjeetnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:45   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are a bunch of videos from a trip to Zanskar I did with mates going up between 12000 and 17000 feet in the upper Himalayas.

Full album

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...QqOGYzyLFrPWIW

In other news, i can confirm that all pre 2022 Adventures will receive a software update to keep the blasted traction control OFF if you hit the kill switch on and back off again or stall the bike. TC will only reset if you cycle the key switch. This is from the MY2022 models.

https://www.rushlane.com/old-ktm-390...-12441797.html

PRAISE THE LORDS AT KTM!!!!
Red Liner is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 13:30   #873
BHPian

Hi all - now officially a part of the 390 Adventure club. Took the delivery of it in June 2022 and so far completed over 2k on the ODO with a lot of monsoon rides (initial ownership review is currently in draft folder).

I had a few quick questions to the owners:

1. 2022 Adventure owners - my tyres are manufactured in 2020. I took this up with the dealer during PDI and he highlighted that they can't help with this as they take what they get from the plant (fresher tyres could take 3-4 months). There was another bike in the showroom awaiting delivery which also had the same issue. During my first service, I met more fellow 2022 owners with the similar manufacturing year (including 2019). Is this something witnessed in deliveries outside Mumbai as well? (I hope to get the km usage out of these tyres vs. requiring a change due to years so manufacturing year should not be an issue)

2. Does anyone have experience of adding sliders on the stock crash guards? I am still in two-minds between getting a full crash guard (looking at Zana as an option) vs. maintain stock guards.

Two snapshots of this beauty from its recent Malshej ride to introduce it. She's called Samsa (from 'Metamorphosis' by Franz Kafka)

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_6781.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_6822.jpg

Thanks,
Malliketh
Malliketh is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 19:51   #874
BHPian

Those who’ve taken delivery of their Adv 390’s in Bangalore this year, what tyres did your bike come shod with? I’m hoping it was the Metzeler Tourance’s and not some plain Jane MRF’s.
Old 20th July 2022, 20:40   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Those who’ve taken delivery of their Adv 390’s in Bangalore this year, what tyres did your bike come shod with? I’m hoping it was the Metzeler Tourance’s and not some plain Jane MRF’s.
The Duke ADV comes with Metzeler TOURANCE only, and not MRFs. Hope it helps.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 12:14   #876
BHPian

Did a quick monsoon ride near Mumbai on my ADV last weekend. Monsoon's magic was at it's peak and the sheer number of shades of green were simply breathtaking. Couldn't resist taking a quick break at this spot and capture the beauty through the lens of my DJI Spark.

Mumbai - Nasik highway and some of the interior roads are in really bad state right now but it was pure joy riding the ADV through them as it took it all with ease. Sharing a few snaps and the drone video -

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_4529.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_4526.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_4530.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_4653.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_4528.jpg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_4527.jpg

Drone footage of this beautiful place -

Went to SVC for basic stuff like chain adjustment lube etc and got the software update to my 2020 model, which now has the new Ride mode option - Street/Off Road.

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_4654.jpg
Ketan_R15 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 13:22   #877
BHPian

Some random updates

1. The Front brake pads were close to end of life after 18K kms. Was surprised to find sintered pads from Brembo available as an OE replacement part at the service centre.

Also took this as an opportunity to flush the brake fluid and replace with Dot 5.1.

This has made the whole bike feel fresh on the roads. Don’t think this really matters on the trails though.

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-6b2014d0a24e422cb33309229ec02041.jpeg

2. Got the software update. Was a quick 15 minute job and worked flawlessly on the trails.
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-ce1ed192f8ea43dcb6dea6b8b19347f4.jpeg

Finally a parting shot

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-2fec6a90de4c4e80880d4ba6e90270c4.jpeg
surajram is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 07:46   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring_spirit View Post
Any idea guys where to source NGK Iridium spark plugs for the ADV 390 and what is the spec of the same ?

Cheers
Vish
This is the version LKAR8AI-9 . You will get in most moto stores
Sidzmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 17:49   #879

I booked mine in Bangalore, the dealer said 2-3 months, its been a month no updates as of now. When asked the dealer said we will call you and update, as of now 5-6 bikes have been allotted. I dont know how it is happening or what is the process.
Old 3rd August 2022, 08:44   #880

Hi. I am new to Chennai. Which service center did you get your software updated and the Brembo disc pads? Thanks.

Also, which is the best service centre(relatively) would you recommed in Chennai.
Old 4th August 2022, 21:57   #881
BHPian

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-aadddvvv.png

Look at the image closely. KTM India is scamming us with a picture of a foreign production bike, lmao. The least they could've done is to give us these adjustable dampers up front as an option....shame, really....don't even get me started on the lack of proper PowerParts.....
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 00:31   #882
Senior - BHPian

Not to offend anyone, but bashing the 390 ADV has become the new cool I guess...

This bike is not meant to suit everyone's taste, it is no vanilla, so if you don't like it, you can always buy something else.

I've been using the first lot KTM 390 Adventure, purchased in February 2020.
I am so happy with it, that I am not even planning an upgrade anytime soon. It does everything that I want it to.

It is surprising that so many complaint about the motorcycle, without owning it, and demand for parts that they would love to fit on a bike which is not in their possession anyway.

I am sure that if these said parts are made available, then there would be something else which would top the list of 'must have features / parts' and KTM being unable to offer them.

I agree that it is not perfect, but it is more fun than anything else that you can place it against.

Not being biased either, I don't think this is a very beautiful looking motorcycle. But if it suits your right wrist, nothing else will excite you as much.

As soon as the new software update was available, got the extra 'Riding Modes'. Had to pay less than 100 bucks at the service centre. Took 5-10 minutes for this job.

Last edited by parrys : 5th August 2022 at 00:33.
parrys is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 11:19   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatsa View Post
Hi. I am new to Chennai. Which service center did you get your software updated and the Brembo disc pads? Thanks.

Also, which is the best service centre(relatively) would you recommed in Chennai.
Jai Auto - KTM, Adyar. Look for Mr. Gopal.
Khivaraj KTM, Thousand lights. If you can build a good rapport with SA & mechanic
Motodynamics, Injambakkam-ECR.
Vignesh_N/A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 12:27   #884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post

I agree that it is not perfect, but it is more fun than anything else that you can place it against.

Not being biased either, I don't think this is a very beautiful looking motorcycle. But if it suits your right wrist, nothing else will excite you as much.

As soon as the new software update was available, got the extra 'Riding Modes'. Had to pay less than 100 bucks at the service centre. Took 5-10 minutes for this job.
Thanks for this Parrys, I am actively looking at adding the 390 ADV to my garage to complement the Z. I intend to use this as all in 1 kinda bike that will do duty as a commuter, some long tours, etc.

I am big fan of buying pre-owned vehicles, and that is my dilemma. On OLX the the asking rates for 2020 model year bikes is close to 3.4-3.5L which does not make sense to me. I'd rather get a new one. The matte grey with orange looks rather nice to my eyes.

It's good that KTM will install the software update to enable Riding Modes, so as such I won't miss anything by going the pre-owned route. Has the update brought about any other changes to the way the bike feels and rides?

Thanks
Hiren
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 12:54   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Has the update brought about any other changes to the way the bike feels and rides?
I went up my favourite trail at Rajmachi (Lonavala) and could ride through slush effortlessly. Just switched to off-road mode, and was good to go.
Changes are not going to make or break the deal.

I would suggest you pick a new one, and you will find yourself riding this a lot more than the other bike in the garage. Yes, this is not a easy commuter, but if you want fun on your commutes, this will DELIVER!

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_6273.jpg

For long rides, here is my Mumbai to Goa report card:
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-img_1331.jpg

Last edited by parrys : 5th August 2022 at 12:58.
parrys is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks