Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 16:27   #976
Team-BHP Support

Re: The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Does anyone know how much the hand guards cost, and if only one side can be purchased from KTM instead of a pair? Broke the one on the right side in a freak accident yesterday.
No idea but on a related note, consider if you want to get a pair of heavy barkbusters. Its expensive but I feel its a valuable addition to adventure bikes in particular. Should be much more hardy for the long haul and will crucially protect your levers from damage as well.

A pair costs ~10k though plus cost of the plastic cover taking the total to 13k give or take. But good long term investment.
Axe77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 10:50   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Does anyone know how much the hand guards cost, and if only one side can be purchased from KTM instead of a pair? Broke the one on the right side in a freak accident yesterday.
A pair costs around Rs 1600 and for the 2022 models, they come in pair, while for the older model it could be bought separately and should cost a bit less. Now whether they sell the older version or is not known to me. Anyways the cost won't exceed 1600. And also fix it yourself or else they will charge you for labour as well.

Regards,
MiSiMa
MiSiMa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 00:08   #978
BHPian

Any Adventure 390 owners facing oil consumption issues? Especially when running the bike above 100 kmph?
Old 13th March 2023, 12:00   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Mine is October 2022 model and have not received any communication regarding a re-call. Will check with the service centre.
I got the service advisory over WhattsApp, for getting the clutch switch changed, on Thursday last week and got it changed on Friday. When enquired, the service advisor informed me that there were complaints from users about the engine going dead while downshifting at speed. I never faced the issue, but still got it changed at zero cost.
A350XWB is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 13:58   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
Any Adventure 390 owners facing oil consumption issues? Especially when running the bike above 100 kmph?
KTM's service chart agrees to the fact that oil consumption of 60 to 70 ml per 1000 KM is normal. If the consumption goes above that, then a detailed analysis should be out. Depending on the riding conditions, especially at sustained higher RPMs the oil consumption could in fact be higher than that.

Only a thorough check as to the actual consumption should yield better insights.

Good luck.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 23:41   #981

Hello guys,

I need some advice with respect to an issue that I am encountering with my 390 adventure. I had given my bike for its 4th service (10,2XX kms) on 25.03.23 at Ktm Vytilla (Cochin). I got a call from the service centre by afternoon informing me that the fuel pump is not working. They are claiming that the pump is not working when the engine heats up and there are issues with the electricals around the pump. They have offered me to replace the pump under warranty and has informed me that the bike is not safe to be ridden before the replacement. However I am very confused about this whole episode because of the following:

1) I had driven the bike the day before servicing through peak traffic and never did I feel any missing in the engine or overheating.
2) I had gone for a breakfast ride to a nearby peak last week and covered almost 200kms. The bike did not show any signs of missing or over heating even after riding continuously in higher rpms.

My concern is whether the SVC guys have messed up the pump during the service and are covering it up by replacing the same ? If that’s the case would they have messed up any other part associated with the fuel pump ? Is fuel pump failure common for a one and half year old bike ? Or should I not overthink too much and just get the same replaced under warranty and move on ?
My technical knowledge in this matter is limited and therefore expecting expert advice from you guys.

P.S : They have informed me that they currently have no pumps in stock and will take 10 days to receive a new pump. I didn't know that the parts availability of a 390Adv is this pathetic in a city like Cochin.
Old 29th March 2023, 16:20   #982

I also had a similar experience just couple of months ago. I had not ridden my bike between my 3rd and 4th service (perhaps just 300kms or so). So when I went to the service center to get my service done, the guy told me the oil is good and asked me if they should change the oil. Me being the careless and dumb guy I am, told him to not change it and continued using it. This happened in the month of oct / nov

Later on in Jan i sensed that the engine had become quite harsh, the fans used to switch on quite soon and engine used to heat up quite a lot as well. The gear shitfting had become a lot harsh and I the shifting between the first 3 gears was quite loud. Bike also felt a little sluggish.

So when I decided to check the oil levels, I could not see the oil coming up on the marker at all, despite me tilting the bike very low to the right.

So took matters into my own hands and refilled the oil myself. When i measured the drained oil, turned out it was ~650ml. After refilling to the brim and changing the oil filter , the bike is lot smoother now.

Learning for me from this episode is, to pay utomost attention during service working, and learn to do basic servicing and oil changes myself
Old 29th March 2023, 17:53   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.Koshy View Post
Hello guys,

I need some advice with respect to an issue that I am encountering with my 390 adventure. I had given my bike for its 4th service (10,2XX kms) on 25.03.23 at Ktm Vytilla (Cochin). I got a call from the service centre by afternoon informing me that the fuel pump is not working. They are claiming that the pump is not working when the engine heats up and there are issues with the electricals around the pump. They have offered me to replace the pump under warranty and has informed me that the bike is not safe to be ridden before the replacement. However I am very confused about this whole episode because of the following:

1) I had driven the bike the day before servicing through peak traffic and never did I feel any missing in the engine or overheating.
2) I had gone for a breakfast ride to a nearby peak last week and covered almost 200kms. The bike did not show any signs of missing or over heating even after riding continuously in higher rpms.

My concern is whether the SVC guys have messed up the pump during the service and are covering it up by replacing the same ? If that’s the case would they have messed up any other part associated with the fuel pump ? Is fuel pump failure common for a one and half year old bike ? Or should I not overthink too much and just get the same replaced under warranty and move on ?
My technical knowledge in this matter is limited and therefore expecting expert advice from you guys.

P.S : They have informed me that they currently have no pumps in stock and will take 10 days to receive a new pump. I didn't know that the parts availability of a 390Adv is this pathetic in a city like Cochin.
Yes, please don't overthink for now. If they say there is an issue with the fuel pump AND they are replacing it under warranty, best if they change it.

I faced this issue on my pre-owned Xpulse which was about 1.5 years old. Fortunately, FortPoint replaced it under warranty with no issue till date.
Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 15:49   #984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Yes, please don't overthink for now. If they say there is an issue with the fuel pump AND they are replacing it under warranty, best if they change it.

I faced this issue on my pre-owned Xpulse which was about 1.5 years old. Fortunately, FortPoint replaced it under warranty with no issue till date.
Yea.. I have decided to make peace with getting it replaced under warranty and not overthink too much. I hope the bike has no issues once I receive it from the SVC. However I still cant digest the fact that my bike has been lying in the SVC for the past one week without any update from their side.
Most of us have bought the 390 ADV considering the relatively large service network and spare parts availability that KTM offers. However my experience with respect to parts availability has been quite the opposite.
Old 6th April 2023, 14:43   #985
BHPian

Just came across this:
https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...ng-soon-427779

a low height version of the ADV duos should be interesting!

Last edited by windiesel : 6th April 2023 at 14:44.
windiesel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 11:46   #986
BHPian

I have received the below in the KTM WhatsApp group along with the pictures

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20230408-19.00.45.jpeg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20230408-19.00.46.jpeg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20230408-19.01.00.jpeg

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20230408-19.02.06.jpeg

So 2 bytes on Adv !

Adv V has reached varun and Vinayaka showrooms of hyderabad ! It’s short heighted by 25mm and it’s a pretty big difference , test ride bikes with both dealers are available , once test ride taken , bikes for sale will also come ( as of now limited stock ) basis customer demand we will increase it …

Regarding the spoke wheel thing , some official announcements are about to happen , once it does more will be clear !

And one more action of ADV is going to happen !

So stay tuned ! Q1 will be filled with Adv actions
bharathdonti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 12:39   #987
Senior - BHPian

So this version with the reduced ride height, will it result in lesser suspension travel? Would love to know what are the changes made by KTM to make this happen?

Thanks
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 13:01   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
a low height version of the ADV duos should be interesting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathdonti View Post
It’s short heighted by 25mm and it’s a pretty big difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
So this version with the reduced ride height, will it result in lesser suspension travel? Would love to know what are the changes made by KTM to make this happen?
The difference can be seen in the User Manual. I have taken the screenshots from the KTM 250 ADV Manual but it should be the same for the 390 also.

The low seat height model is already available in Malaysia and Thailand and is achieved by lowering suspension travel.

You can see that in the EU version, the travel is 170/177mm while the MY/TH version is 147/152 mm. This reduced the seat height and ground clearance to 829 and 175 mm from the EU spec of 855 and 200 mm.

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-1.png

The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-2.png
advstreak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:28   #989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advstreak View Post
The difference can be seen in the User Manual. I have taken the screenshots from the KTM 250 ADV Manual but it should be the same for the 390 also.

The low seat height model is already available in Malaysia and Thailand and is achieved by lowering suspension travel.

You can see that in the EU version, the travel is 170/177mm while the MY/TH version is 147/152 mm. This reduced the seat height and ground clearance to 829 and 175 mm from the EU spec of 855 and 200 mm.
This makes perfect sense, they've reduced the suspension travel to reduce the seat height. Guess this now makes it a road only ADV.
Old 10th April 2023, 16:41   #990
BHPian

Installed the 7710D Givi Smoked screen on my KTM 390 Adventure in Bangalore at BikeNBiker store. I recently went on a ride from Hyderabad to Bangalore to Madikeri to Nagarhole to Ooty to Bangalore to Hyderabad. The difference in riding from Bangalore to Hyderabad with the screen installed was simply amazing.

I’m 5'7 inches, so for me, 7710D was sufficient. However, for taller riders 7710DT would be more suitable but the 7710DT screen is huge!

It costed me ₹ 14,198 + ₹ 350 as fitting charges
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM 390 Adventure Ownership Thread!-whatsapp-image-20230408-09.27.14.jpeg  

bharathdonti is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks