Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2007, 12:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

They wrote abe all the power biking bull and performance before they reached their pointers, when the points started it started looking like this is some circus clown they are describing, flashy colors, more flashy colors, flashy stickers, more flashy stickers, lights more lights,
Old 12th March 2007, 13:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
  • International styling which includes state-of-the art graphics with a pronounced ‘R’ on the tank and an asymmetrical one on the visor in keeping with the latest international trend
A state of the art sticker???

Quote:
A stunning feature of this bike is its new sporty under-cowl which makes the bike look more powerful and mean
Just looks fast? How about making it fast(er)?

PS : I saw 2 on the road, both red. (Or dunno whether it was the same guy I saw twice?)
Old 12th March 2007, 14:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think most of you have missed this gem -

Quote:
Simply put, Karizma with its 225cc of raw power and commanding street presence is nothing

Power measured in ccs! This is a new low. The guy should be b!@tch-slapped.
Old 12th March 2007, 16:28   #19
BHPian

The bike is definitely a good one.. but this whole promotion campaign is $%$#^$
Old 12th March 2007, 17:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

That one is truly hilarious. Enjoyed reading it.

On serious note, looks like Hero Honda is crippled after snapping ties with Honda. They were doing well, when they were together. Honda went on its own and lost the plot with Unicorn. HH now doesn't have any Honda powered engines for their bikes, which means they have to rely on such cosmetic gimmicks.

Meanwhile, Bajaj admirably continued their in-house efforts to build better bikes and engines. (NO. I still don't like Bajaj).

A management student can come up with a good case study on this
Old 12th March 2007, 19:15   #21
BHPian

Karizma should have come with more powerful engine, Wider tyres and Read Discs too,Infact it was the right time to have launched the Superbike Faring and Chassis with a more powerful engine,

But as always A Karizma remains a Karizma...Pulsar is too common, an average doodhwala( Ditching his Fav Rajdoot) too my panwala's son zoom the Pulsar..!

Given the Choise, I stick with the Old Karizma...!

Second in Line would be the Apache..!
Old 13th March 2007, 00:16   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
On serious note, looks like Hero Honda is crippled after snapping ties with Honda.
Eh ? I thought they renewed their contract with honda untill 2013 or something ?
Old 13th March 2007, 02:19   #23
BHPian

HH could've easily replaced the Carb with the electronic fuel injection set-up and "updated" the looks with stickers. But, alas.

That Night Vision stuff was a classic.
Old 13th March 2007, 07:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Its a shame that Honda isnt saying (or for that matter doing) anything about all of this; just because the bikes are selling. There's no doubt that HH is going down. Their sales have been at the same level over the past year, while other companies have seen atleast a 10-15% increase...

Think about it: HH's motorcycles have totally 2 basic engine platforms: the horizontal 100cc-110cc in the Splendor etc. & the 125-220 cc found in the CBZ/Karizma etc. Even a much smaller company like Yamaha makes that many engines, and TVS makes atleast 4 distinctly different types of engines, AND scooter engines.

Honda cant really afford this kind of damage to their brand image of a technology driven company (unless of course they dont give a damn cause they have HMSI). I mean, c'mon, they mass-produced car engines in the 1960s which could rev to 10,000 rpm in stock tune??!!!
Old 13th March 2007, 14:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back, Ananth Kamath! I see you've changed locations...
Old 13th March 2007, 15:23   #26
BHPian

LMAO...extra money for some flashy stickers, a gaudy instrument panel, same ~lame average...what a good deal!!

The only thing kari had going for it was the quality of ride, and handling. Looks like bajaj's pulled a fast one on HH's last forte with these two bikes...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks