Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2020, 13:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Ramblings of a bored mind! Do I need to get a new touring bike?

Fz25 if you like hassle free. The Fz25 is
1. Refined - its Japanese
2. Simple mechanicals - so relatively easy to maintain
3. Efficient(seen and heard better mileages than some 200 cc's)
4. Low end torque makes it easy to ride in the city traffic
5. Riding at low speeds is very enjoyable too
6. Affordable in the range. You can always keep this as your city bike when you upgrade to a bigger bike.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 01:38   #32
BHPian

The thought of getting a new bike has been on my head for quite some time now. In the mean time, my family and friends have been getting some good bikes and I've been fortunate enough to have some extensive firsthand experience during my vacations in India. I actually wrote a long post with my experience of how each of the contenders felt. It was getting too long and boring to read. So here's my 2 cents.

The Dominar 400 is a great value for money proposition. Good highway manners and good for the city too provided one can handle the heft. The upkeep is not that expensive too. The build quality isn't on par with the Japanese although it's better than it's stablemates. The bike doesn't make you feel special in anyway. It just gets it's job done better than most in it's price segment. Those brilliant headlights deserve a special mention too.

The Himalayan is a go anywhere bike. The seating posture, the suspension manners, the low end grunt etc. makes it perform well in almost all scenarios. The BS6 version seems to have ironed out most of the niggles. While the power and torque may be adequate for decent offroading, city rides and sane highway speeds, one may start craving for more power soon. It could be ruled out if offroading isn't your cup to tea.

The Interceptor 650 makes you feel special. Being the only twin and the most powerful in this bunch, it deserves a special consideration. The engine is very smooth and the power delivery of a twin keeps it apart from the rest. The low end power delivery makes it great in city and highway cruising. The retro charm will keep it fresh for much longer. However, the ergonomics is a bit off, especially the footrests. How well you fit on the bike depends on personal preference. The pillion comfort is not great too. Although the Interceptor is probably the most well built RE, the upkeep wouldn't be as easy as the Japanese machines as it requires more TLC to prevent oxidation and rusting.

KTM Adventure 390 is the jack of all trades here. It's better suited as a tourer rather than as an Adventure conversely to what the name may suggest. The Adventure 390 can do it all. City, Highway, Offroad, anything except hitting the track. The chink in it's armor is the lack of low end grunt. But there are a few videos on how it could be resolved to an extend with the Duke 250's front sprocket. Although it is the priciest of the lot, it justifies the premium with the hardware and feature set. The power, features and other capabilities makes it the best for long term ownership.
nuew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 18:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Bharadwaj View Post
6. Affordable in the range. You can always keep this as your city bike when you upgrade to a bigger bike.
Gameon for everything you just said except for the above point. I am not looking forward to another lateral upgrade as I do foresee bigger expenditures on a personal front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuew View Post
here's my 2 cents.
The Dominar 400The build quality isn't on par with the Japanese although it's better than it's stablemates.
The Himalayan While the power and torque may be adequate for decent offroading, city rides and sane highway speeds, one may start craving for more power.
The Interceptor 650it deserves a special consideration.
KTM Adventure 390it is the priciest of the lot
I am not expecting the Dominar to have Japanese levels of fit and finish but, as long it lasts long and stay the way it is in its say first or second year and I would be happy. I do not like the engine on the Himalayan and pretty sure would get bored with it very soon and hence staying out of considering it. Interceptor does look like a great proposition with some necessary mods like footpegs and handlebar risers. Will decide on this further after extensive test rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Nice read. I was in the same spot as you and bought the interceptor 650 last march. Sold it this march after putting in approximately 2000 kms. Interceptor is awesome if you want to do gedi (roaming around in town). However the suspension is basic at best.
I still hold on to my 2017 D400 which has done about 38K kms now including numerous trips all over india and even being featured on Bajaj's Youtube for the K2K Ride. If i were you, i will put my money on the new D400.
With the kind of quality advocacy that the D400 seems to be getting, Im really considering it. I have one gripe though, with the D250 now out in the market, that exclusivity is gonna fade away with every college kid/street racer getting hands on one. Lets hope these guys dont do the thing to Dominar brand that the P220 usually is associated with in cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
There is a reason that breakfast rides are most popular, 'Family' happens.
I'm in a similar conundrum as you are. I'm also 30, have a 2 year old son, I used to own a RE and a Bajaj previously. I too used to hate breakfast rides. I have decided to wait and watch.
Right! It does make much sense now. Never thought of it in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
Hello,
I am in the market for similar options, not actively though. I would love to choose one from the RE twins and Himalayan. Mainly for the Engine, I get for the price. I would like to request you write about how these are to ride if you test-drive them.
Thanks
I would definately update the thread on my decision and reasons after thorough test rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I haven't had a long sting on any of the potential bikes in the reckoning besides my older gen Dominar, but for what it's worth , the RE 650 twins are great for short rides but the seats and suspension don't have the all day comfort, especially for pillions.
The 390 Adv probably is best but out of budget apparently?
I've only had the Dominar for 3 years/19000km and it hasn't been much trouble - fork seals being one weakness. I've replaced them once, and the second set has started leaking. 2 sets of fork seals in 3 years isn't too bad, but decide for yourself.
yeah at near 4 Lakh OTR the 390 ADV is a stretch. Fork seals have been any issue for me on the Electra as well. Not sure of the uce case that you have put your Dominar through but i normally carry higher speeds than average on the medium to small speed bumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeJiva View Post
Being in a similar position as you are and in the market looking for a bike, my research ended with test drive of Dominar 400.

FZ25: As you are looking for a keeper, you could easily out-grow this bike. 250 cc is a blast in city but not amazing on highway like in D400. Felt the foot-pegs were a bit sporty for a fat person's comfort.
Interceptor: Out of price range as its 3.30 lakhs on road kerala. Had to reach out at handle bar. Feels good and powerful at slow speeds. Honda level refinement. Seats are a disaster. Chrome exhausts on either sides are a risk for small kids who run to you when parking after long rides. (A bit extreme and nit picking, i know). RE service experience has not been great for me with my 2003 Electra, 1998 Std and 1987 Std.
Conti GT : 2.57 Lakhs On-road kerala. Dr mayhem can be made a screensaver for the rest of my life but after just 5 kms my wrist started complaining.
Himalayan: on-road 2.27 Lakhs kerala. My second favourite Bike.
KTM 390/ Adv: both out of budget being North of 3.5L.
Dominar 400: Understated style. Bs6 Dominar with 40 bhp has enough grunt for highway. Power delivery is linear and manageable unlike Pulsar siblings above 200cc. Ticks all boxes for me and hopefully for you. A 10 year keeper in 2-3 Lakh range.
(Unless RE Meteor launches this year and changes the sub 400cc RE game). But are you Brave enough to invest our money on a brand new RE model?? I'm not.
RE Meteor does not excite or interest me in any way. I think i agree with you on the FZ25. Interceptor is something which Im still not really sure on putting my money on. Dominar is running real close to it by also saving me more than a lakh of money. Lets see. Would take longer test rides and then probably come to a conclusion between these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaught View Post
You could go for a pre-worshipped N300 as well. A 4 year old CKD model (better parts quality than the localised version IMO) which has run sub 30k should be available for around 2L. The ergonomics seem sporty to look at but you can sit upright to an extent. I suggest take a test ride to see if it works for you.The parallel twin engine is extremely refined and you can easily do upwards of 500 km in a day. And with the 17L tank you get 300 km range even if you ride it aggressively (which can only be done in short bursts given the surprises our roads have to offer). It feels at home to cruise at 120 kmph and when you take it beyond 7000 RPM it reaches speeds around 170 effortlessly
Most pre- owned N300s are non ABS and I wouldnt want to get something as a long term solution with no ABS. I did consider getting a new N300 as well as its not that costlier than a D390/GT twins. But, service is gonna be a big issue. R3 seems to have been taken off the Indian shores as well. Thats a pretty brilliant bike as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling_Monk View Post
Get yourself a used Honda CBR250r. It has been almost an year since i laid my hands on one (a 2018 model) and trust me it has never disappointed me a bit. If you like simple machines, bullet proof reliability, pocket friendly maintenance costs and gem of an engine, go for the Honda. Just my opinion here choices are subjective to one's taste.
CBR250r has been stopped by Honda. Not looking for pre-owned route as I want a long termer. And also a little more power would have been nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
If you would mostly be doing highway riding, the INT650 would be a perfect choice. That extra cylinder and 6th gear make a hell of a difference. As far as the Himalayan is concerned, the motor is happy to putter around in between 80 to 100. Anything about that would be a bit uncomfortable.
PS- With a wider Handlebar (Art of Motorcycles) and the footpeg relocation kit from Indimotard, the riding position will almost be like the Electra.
Yes. Definately considering this option along with the Dominar. Looks like its between these two for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Why not the duke 250 if you have included fz25 and the gixxer 250 in your list ? The bs6 duke 250 is very refined and has better power figures/specifications than the fz and gixxer.
Thats because higher cc models are available on the Duke while unfortunately Gixxer and FZ25 do not (If only R3 was still being sold, I would have named it instead of Fz25).

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Don't go beyond these two choices. And I would highly recommend the Interceptor.And you can sell your other RE if you need the funds.
The Dominar is a strong second contender.
The Duke is tremendous fun but having owned one for more than 6 years, I can tell you it is no fun in traffic. And while you can tour, I have found it to be not very ideal for long distances.
Agreed. Gonna keep it in between these two options for now. The question is how much of better bikes are the GT twins over the Dominar with over a lakh of premium. Something that I still need to ride and decide I Guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTitan View Post
I'm in a similar situation right now.I have a 1 year old son
I have a 2018 Dominar currently and was thinking about picking up a new bike which will be a long-termer in my garage and should be able to handle touring duties as well. I had made up my mind about getting the Interceptor 650, but after thinking for a while, I have decided to hold on to my Dominar for a bit more.
I am really interest on your analogy. Why are you trying to upgrade from a Dominar to the interceptor? Is it really an upgrade in that sense? Does not look like your Dominar has done enough miles as well? Just a case of a smoother twin cyclinder or classic bike love ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have ridden the Himalayan, for decent number of kilometres and it is a good bike to tour on. I currently ride the FZ-25 for past ~3 years and it is the most underwhelming bike I got myself.
I would have test ridden the new Dominar-400, the 390 ADV and then picked between these two.
I had the '03 P-180 V1. '03 means, I was pretty young, for those 25K+ kms, it was redlined almost everywhere and no issues, got a Karizma-R in '07 as P-220 FI was only available in Pune and within 15K, had to change the valves . P-180 gave me trouble with its chain & battery, but no mechanical issues.
Iv had the same experience with my 04'Pulsar. It definately was a no non-sense bike and did most things I asked of it. The only problem was that it did not feel the same it felt when I picked it up though oil changes were done every 2000kms.
Yeah. I have slowly drifted away from FZ25. It does sound like it might not be the wisest of upgrades.

Last edited by vamsi2390 : 28th April 2020 at 18:06.
vamsi2390 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 18:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I am really interest on your analogy. Why are you trying to upgrade from a Dominar to the interceptor? Is it really an upgrade in that sense? Does not look like your Dominar has done enough miles as well? Just a case of a smoother twin cyclinder or classic bike love ?
Oh, it's always been classic bike love, but the promise of a smoother twin is a plus as well!
I had the Thunderbird 350 earlier, and had to sell it due to some urgent cash need. Things got better later on, and I picked up the Dominar.

I have clocked about 16,000 kms on my Dominar so far, and honestly, it's been a mixed bag. It's a reliable machine, but it does have some flaws as well.
Also, I have owned 2 Pulsars earlier - the 150 and the 220, and for some reason, could never convince myself to hold on to Bajaj bikes for long.

So my plan was to replace the Dominar with the Interceptor which I intend to keep as a long termer. If I do get it, I'll be using it for my city commutes and the occasional intercity rides to meet my friends.
The other part of my plan, is to fulfill my long pending big bike dream and use that for long rides. I'm not sure if I can get the Interceptor and get a big bike as well, so for now, I'm playing the waiting game till next year and see if Goddess Laxmi smiles on me sometime soon
MadTitan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 20:49   #35
BANNED

Get either of the Suzuki 250's and call it a day.

Runs similar to the FZ25 on the streets and similar to the CBR250R on the highways while offering better FE than both.

This is the first motorcycle in India to actually come with proper oil cooling i.e SOCS, while the one on the FZ25 is merely an oil cooler that cools oil in the sump, the system on the Suzuki actually cools the combustion area, hence why you do not see any cooling fins on the cylinder, this is the same technology they used in the GSXR750 back in its oil cooled days. Now the advantage it has over the Liquid Cooled CBR250R is that it simply lacks the hardware i.e water pump, pipes, coolant...etc and the headaches associated with it i.e when you blow a mechanical seal or a head gasket and render the motorcycle un-tour'able.

Ramblings of a bored mind! Do I need to get a new touring bike?-sosc_5cdf9b9ed3d0e.jpg

Practically there are no arguments against the Suzuki 250 even when it comes to;

Ergonomics? It has Clip-On's on the SF variant for better handling over the FZ25 but they aren't as aggressive as the CBR250R's.

Price? It sits somewhere between the other two contenders.

Anyhow you think of it you simply cannot ignore the Suzuki.

To think of it even the Gixxer 150 is a good motorcycle, a friend and fellow enthusiast has one that has run close to 100k on the odo, during a few interstate runs I was quite jealous to see that the 150cc motorcycle could cruise at 120kmph with a pillion and perfectly keep pace with my P220 while returning better FE than mine.

Ramblings of a bored mind! Do I need to get a new touring bike?-dsc_0003.jpg

P.S. If you think the FZ25 is smooth and concern free, then you need to head towards the xBhp ownership threads and give it a quick read, a good motorcycle nonetheless but opting for it merely for the "Japanese" insignia could possibly leave you dissatisfied.

Cheers,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 28th April 2020 at 21:03.
ashwinprakas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 20:51   #36
BHPian

My previous opinion remains the same but if in case the OP decides to buy a bike, I feel Apache 310 BS VI should definitely be in the consideration list.
Reasons being:
1. Doesn't cost more than RE twins
2. Premium parts used throught the bike ( tyres, clutch, electric parts like cluster etc)
3. TVS's reputation for quality is better than RE and Bajaj
4. Far superior handling
5. It's more of a sports tourer than your regular tourer (Not an extreme committed ergonomics)
6. For most people it is a better looker.

Most importantly Apache feels like it's a long term keeper bike.
gauravanekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 22:03   #37
BHPian

vamsi2390 - Interceptor should be the bike you should go for since your primary requirement is touring and city commute. Its an awesome piece of machinery with adequate torque and power. Cruising on the highways will be a bliss. If you are over 6 feet tall, then you may need to change the handlebars for a comfortable cruising position.

You will have a lot of options to customize the motorcycle to suit your needs. (Eg) High windscreen, Panniers, Custom touring seats etc.

On the downside, it will heat in bumper to bumper traffic and I personally didn't like the way the silencers are placed. You need to be extremely careful when you filter through tight spots or you may end up ripping apart a bumper of a car. Also, if you are tall, you may feel the foot pegs are positioned a bit aggressively.

Test ride it. And if you like it, go for it. Happy purchasing! Happy Riding!
paramesh3210 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 02:57   #38
BHPian

Going through the above posts I feel the shortlist has come down to Dominar 400, Interceptor and may be even the Adventure 390. As all of them has their individual traits and their pros and cons, I think how your priorities are ranked can make it easy to pick one of them.

Riding style
If relaxed cruising at sane speeds is your thing, then the D400 or the Interceptor will suffice. A point to consider here is the availbilty of aftermarket windshields. The Dominar 400 has a plethora of options. Interceptor doesn't have much options tall enough to tackle the windblasts as it will completely spoil it's looks.

City rideabilty of all of them are more or less the same when in comes to weight and heat. Interceptor may get a bit more hotter and manueverabilty may suffer because of the weight. If the bike is likely to see occassional broken paths now or in the future, then the Adventure 390 is the one to pick. Whether you wish to ride solo or with a pillion is also a factor to consider. Interceptor fares poorer compared to the others in this regard.

Cost of buying and ownership
If this is the priority, then Dominar 400 takes the cake here. It's cheaper to own, run and maintain than the other two which can lead to a more peaceful ownership experience.

Duration of ownership

If the bike is to be kept for 3 years or more, then rule out the D400. If you are anything like me, you will soon get used to the bike and start craving for more power sooner than later. For me, it was a trip to Ooty on the D400. At the inclines of the ghat sections, I had to downshift more than I would have liked considering the power and torque figures. The stress on the engine was also showing up it's rough edges.

Trying a friend's Interceptor shortly after the trip was a revelation. The engine characteristics and the feel of riding was much better on the Interceptor. The low end grunt and the smooth power delivery of the engine is unforgettable. The Interceptor's retro charm will keep it fresh for more years than both the others too.

The Adventure 390 is powerful enough to hold off the crave for entry into superbike spectrum. The hardware and feature set makes it a capable all-rounder and you could take the bike pretty much anywhere and it would do it much better than either the D400 or the Interceptor. Another thing to consider is that something like an Adventure 390 will leave the it open to explore more motoring avenues like offroading. You could ride an Interceptor on a highway cruise at any age. But to ride on the less explored paths like offroad trails needs the fitness of the young age.
nuew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 14:14   #39
BHPian

With budget of 3 lacs, I cannot think of any bike better that KTM Duke 390. BSIV version is even more refined than 2017 one.

RE 650 twins are good, but can't beat the value for money offered by KTM. Powerful engine, superb breaks, best possible road tires, fancy but very informative TFT, ride by wire and what not. I know you have a concern on temparamental nature of D390. Trust me, you can control it. I bought D390 in 2017 after selling my Thunderbird 500. Almost 28k on ODO now. It is extremely easy to ride. Handling is sublime. It can easily manage highway duties. City traffic is little bit of work with engine heating. But its not too bad and managable. Do test ride before making the final decision.

Me and my brother had terrible experiances with RE SVCs. KTM SVCs are far better. Maintenance costs is reasonable.
Swap_Abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 16:25   #40
BHPian

Hi Vamsi,

I have to go with the minority here and suggest you to hold on the buying decision for couple of years.

1. The primary reason being you already own the bike you need currently.
2. The new BS6 engines need to be tested first hand and let the engines run for some time.
3. Couple of years down the line you will be in better frame of mind about your choices.
4. In your current position your solo touring prospects are not looking good at least for next 2 years.

I am also close to 30 and of a similar mindset as you in terms of the 3 lac mental barrier.
My advice is to save the money but don't make a buy, who knows couple of years down the line you may start thinking about a totally different breed of motorcycles or you may feel that more than long touring you are interested in leisurely weekend drives or maybe hands on tinkering.

However if you really want to buy (and also do a bit of showoff ) then apart from the above options depending on your ground clearance and luggage carrying requirements I would also suggest you to take a look at the three Jawa's since pillion comfort is not a very big priority for you.

A BS-4 CBR250 may also be available due to the extension given by Supreme court but what it can do I believe your Electra can also do
darkLightning is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 12:31   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
Hello there ! Long post alert !...
Hi Vamsi,
Hope you're doing well and safe!

Below is my experience:
I was in the similar situation couple of years back. I was using a pre-owned Classic 350 for 5 years and did run about 30K kms mostly on touring. However I ended up buying an used Apache 200 RTR after TD the FZ25 and other models. I had toured on Apache from Chennai to Goa and I felt the power to be adequate for crusing in 90-95kmph with ease. Few cons I felt were
1. Straight line stability on highways
2. Braking perfomance on high speeds
( #1 and #2 are due to bikes weight I guess)
3. Lack of 6th gear

Int 650 :
I recently rode a friend's Int 650 for about 100kms and I felt to be very good. Also, I feel you may like it since you have an experience of owning RE.

D400:
I got a chance to take it for a short spin and I quite liked it but need to be sure of the bike's built quality as your intention is retain the bike for a longtime

Points to be considered

1. If you're planning to cruise effortlessly in the range of 120+ speeds, I think you need to consider Int 650 or D400

2. If you're looking for a pocket friendly and a decent power with touring capabilities, I think you can consider Gixxer 250 and the FZ25

Cheers, Deepak

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd May 2020 at 14:31. Reason: For readability please don't quote the whole post. Thanks!
deepakpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 23:16   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
How does the Dominor fair in the long run btw ? Has it been niggle free?
And in case I would be getting a KTM or a Dominor, the Electra stays . So that is a win- win I guess
I have had the Dominar UG 2019 since Sep, 2019. I have done 3-4 long rides already before the lockdown. The bike has performed very well with no issues. Some earlier feedback was about excessive engine heat but I had no such issue even in bumper to bumper traffic. The only issue I faced was the leg guard nut broke with the threads inside, had to leave the bike at the Bajaj service centre for half a day for it to be removed Free of Cost. And the Service Advisor said many other bikes had the same issue so it was sub standard quality of bolt. Other than that really happy with the purchase (FYI - I had the Honda CBR 250R ABS before)
Old 9th May 2020, 23:48   #43
BHPian

I have been following a few moto vloggers and websites and got a new perspective on this. The long term users helped to get how the shortlisted bikes perform in real-world scenarios. With a better understanding, I am updating my opinion on this.

Considering 3 Lakhs is a mental barrier and a financially sensible one at that, the Dominar 400 still makes a lot of sense with it's price tag and overall capabilities. One could kit up the D400 and make it more touring friendly and even get decent riding gears all under 3L. Even a Powertronics ECU could be squeezed in. The only question is how long it will remain exciting considering the plan for a long term ownership.

The Interceptor 650 is ruled out for me as the bike is going to cost a lot more to get it touring friendly from seat, handlebars, auxiliary lights, windshield, rims capable of tubeless tires etc. and push it close to the 4L mark overall. The heating in city traffic is another issue which I'm not comfortable with. Before moving on to a retro cruiser, I'd consider getting a better all rounder which leaves more scope for exploration and that's where the KTM Adventure 390 comes in.

The KTM Adventure 390 is nearly complete and it would require much lesser mods than the other two when it comes to customizations for touring. This is the one that seems to be built to take on any roads or no roads than the other two. The electronics safety net and the additional hardware makes it well worth the premium over the Interceptor.

Waiting for a year or so and saving up more feels like the best option here. There is a host of machines that are going to launch soon. RE is readying a scrambler which could be more capable than the current 650 duo, KTM is bringing in the 250 Adventure at a lower price point compared to the 390 and Hero is readying a 300cc+ Adventure bike backed by it's Dakar experience. Going by what Hero has managed to achieve with the Xpulse 200, I have high hopes for the Hero Adv. It's likely to be most VFM in buying, cheapest to upkeep and the least problematic during the long term ownership.
nuew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 04:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hero is readying a 300cc+ Adventure bike backed by it's Dakar experience. Going by what Hero has managed to achieve with the Xpulse 200, I have high hopes for the Hero Adv. It's likely to be most VFM in buying, cheapest to upkeep and the least problematic during the long term ownership.
I second that.
That Hero 300/450 Adv or Hero Xpulse 300 whatever it will be called is the bike I am also rooting for. This certainly has the biggest potential and can be a true all rounder. Being a Hero, VFM quotient, reliability and cheaper maintenance is guaranteed. Only thing that is holding XPulse 200 back is relative lack of power which will definitely be sorted with higher power engine and that extra high exhaust which does make saddle bags a slightly tricky affair. If Hero can get the exhaust down a little bit then it would be the perfect bike.
darkLightning is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 12:14   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Waiting for a year or so and saving up more feels like the best option here. There is a host of machines that are going to launch soon. RE is readying a scrambler which could be more capable than the current 650 duo, KTM is bringing in the 250 Adventure at a lower price point compared to the 390 and Hero is readying a 300cc+ Adventure bike backed by it's Dakar experience. Going by what Hero has managed to achieve with the Xpulse 200, I have high hopes for the Hero Adv. It's likely to be most VFM in buying, cheapest to upkeep and the least problematic during the long term ownership.
I agree wait and watch seems to be the best approach. I would add the rumoured Himalayan 250 to the bikes to be excited about. The RE scrambler is likely to just have a rerouted exhaust and knobbly tires. But that exhaust would make touring on the bike difficult as it would be tough to add a tail bag and so on. The current Xpulse did have its fair share of quality issues including the wonky ABS which finally seems to have been fixed. If Hero can get the 300 on point at its launch, it could be a big game changer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks