Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:07   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

The leap in quality is so evident simply from photographs of the motorcycle, such a big difference.

This is also reflective of the questionable quality/detailing/fit-finish of historic RE products. I remember seeing the RE Lightening 500 for the first time, at the start of this century. It looked so impressive form afar, but as I walked closer to the bike, the doubts increased with every step I took.

Fast forward 20 years, Wow! The Meteor looks like it could be built by any of the global players. Well done RE!
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:42   #242
Senior - BHPian

True that, and 'well done' indeed - RE. A neighbour picked up a bright yellow meteor and I couldn't help but stare, along with a few other passerby's. Took a pic, but that's out of focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
The leap in quality is so evident simply from photographs of the motorcycle, such a big difference.
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:56   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Please allow me to introduce my humble Meteor. Please excuse the very bad pic quality and angle as the space and lighting were challenging in the yard.
Woah ..now I got to see how my stellar blue will look like when it comes in March...please let know how the touring seat feels and also if there is any increase in performance/top speed after 1st service. As I have seen videos in which it hits 120 in 4th gear and then refusing to move further when you shift to 5th (like Honda(CB350) & RE planned it together).I am eagerly waiting for videos on how the optional exhaust sounds like.
IntoTheStorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 21:58   #244
BHPian

Booked meteor 350 in west delhi Tilak Nagar.
Delivery tentative time is 28 feb’20 but sales guy assured it may be delivered by 1st week of jan given current delivery timing but who knows ..

I am not in hurry however RE must plan for shorten delivery time.

I have chosen custom silver and black paint in super nova + touring seat + touring mirror and hence will get badge on tank as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-png-image.png  

Last edited by thunder : 3rd December 2020 at 22:00.
thunder is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 22:40   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Booked meteor 350 in west delhi Tilak Nagar.
Delivery tentative time is 28 feb’20 but sales guy assured it may be delivered by 1st week of jan given current delivery timing but who knows ..
Same case with me as well.I called the SA today just to check ( eventhough I booked only 2 days back), he said it might get delivered by some time in January itself.
IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 22:59   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
So when you order optional accessories, you don't get the stock ones?

I would like to pay for the stock bike, get touring seats later and keep the stock seat for local mods. Well that's me with old school thoughts. I've paid for the stock bike with all parts. It would be a space constraint also to store stock parts. RE is saving up something on stock parts if it's coming fitted from the factory!
Good point, and I totally missed it. After your reply, I did call up the RE sales folks regarding the old seat, and they claim the price for new seat is 3.5k only because it's price is old - new, so I won't be getting my old seat back

Quote:
Will be waiting for your post tomorrow, congrats mate
/surjaonwheelz
Thank you, sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
Woah ..now I got to see how my stellar blue will look like when it comes in March...please let know how the touring seat feels and also if there is any increase in performance/top speed after 1st service. As I have seen videos in which it hits 120 in 4th gear and then refusing to move further when you shift to 5th (like Honda(CB350) & RE planned it together).I am eagerly waiting for videos on how the optional exhaust sounds like.
Congratulations on your booking. I sat for few minutes on the seat, and it felt comfortable, but on the firmer side. Also I was able to firmly place my butt as the seat had a "back support for my butt" of sorts. Will update on the seats afte a longish ride. Coming to the engine, it's likely that the characteristic is as you mentioned. I noticed similar behaviour in my test rides, although in speeds between 70-90Kmph. Bike hit 70 in 3rd gear, but was slow to reach 90 after shifting to 4th. It was sort of bike had run out of power, despite staying in the lower RPMs.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 07:40   #247
BHPian

Another thing I noticed was that there is this temperature indicator that is visible for a fraction of the second when you turn on the motorcycle. Does anyone have any clue regarding whether this is a hidden temperature warning indicator/outside temperature indicator or if this can he accessed via some switches or something like that?
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-screenshot_20201204073441_youtube.jpg  

Old 4th December 2020, 10:06   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Good point, and I totally missed it. After your reply, I did call up the RE sales folks regarding the old seat, and they claim the price for new seat is 3.5k only because it's price is old - new, so I won't be getting my old seat back

Thank you, sir.

Congratulations on your booking. I sat for few minutes on the seat, and it felt comfortable, but on the firmer side. Also I was able to firmly place my butt as the seat had a "back support for my butt" of sorts. Will update on the seats afte a longish ride. Coming to the engine, it's likely that the characteristic is as you mentioned. I noticed similar behaviour in my test rides, although in speeds between 70-90Kmph. Bike hit 70 in 3rd gear, but was slow to reach 90 after shifting to 4th. It was sort of bike had run out of power, despite staying in the lower RPMs.

Cheers!
If Surja is old school, then I'm a dinosaur from the Cretaceous age.

I would never let anyone touch my stock bike parts.

I have all my stock silencers and saree guards of all my bikes neatly wrapped in plastic and stored away somewhere.

I have a set of 5 brand new Baleno steel rims lying around for the 16 years I've owned my Baleno and driven her on aftermarket alloys.

I have the stock carrier of my Hercules Top Gear MTB which I bought in 2000.

I could go on ...

Point is, stock is Gold. Never exchange it for a farkle.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 10:24   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Another thing I noticed was that there is this temperature indicator that is visible for a fraction of the second when you turn on the motorcycle.
Looks like the symbol for water-cooled engines when over-heating happens. I think this instrument has that feature but disabled currently.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 10:29   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Looks like the symbol for water-cooled engines when over-heating happens. I think this instrument has that feature but disabled currently.
Even I think so, anyway I have asked my friend who works in RE R&D...I think having an engine temperature display will be useful, especially during long journeys
Old 4th December 2020, 10:37   #251
BANNED

Quote:
I think having an engine temperature display will be useful, especially during long journeys
Honestly speaking (correct me if I'm wrong), will it really be required in an 'air-cooled' bike?

I can understand temperature readout is required for a water-cooled one but having one in an air-cooled may not be that necessary.
Old 4th December 2020, 11:17   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
If Surja is old school, then I'm a dinosaur from the Cretaceous age.
And the dinosaur is what's respected by many even today. Been reading your posts for quite some years doc, and big respect for you.

Quote:

I would never let anyone touch my stock bike parts.

I have all my stock silencers and saree guards of all my bikes neatly wrapped in plastic and stored away somewhere.

I have a set of 5 brand new Baleno steel rims lying around for the 16 years I've owned my Baleno and driven her on aftermarket alloys.

I have the stock carrier of my Hercules Top Gear MTB which I bought in 2000.

I could go on ...

Point is, stock is Gold. Never exchange it for a farkle.

Cheers, Doc
Couldn't agree more. I'm going to ask the sales guy/his manager today, and try to get more info on how exactly these accessories system work, what's the pricing equation behind it, and so on. Hope to get some answers from them.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 14:14   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Honestly speaking (correct me if I'm wrong), will it really be required in an 'air-cooled' bike?

I can understand temperature readout is required for a water-cooled one but having one in an air-cooled may not be that necessary.
Not necessary, but could be a useful reference to check how engine is doing . I remember riding my Burgman from Chennai to Kolli hills and back ( 685 kms & 140 hairpins) and only thing thatt I was slightly worried of was engine getting too stressed ( so I was stopping every 80-90 kms for a 5 min break). At that time I felt that an engine temperature indicator would have allowed me to push a bit more. Same is the case for me here as well, an additional indicator for a bit more peace of mind.
Old 4th December 2020, 15:25   #254
BHPian

The Owner's Manual has no mention of a temperature indicator! (File size is more than 20MB hence can't attach it here)

The engine oil recommended is 15W 50 Semi-Synthetic, refill is 1.7L only for this new engine which is much lower than UCE350's refill capacity of 2.3-2.5L and change interval.
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-remoil.jpg

1 year, 10k km oil change interval is too much for this type of oil. Everyone should replace at 6 months interval is what I think.

Now those upgrading to fully synthetic oils, RE shouldn't be causing a concern to warranty claims. Oil change is a big chunk of free service costs!
(Honda CB350 uses fully synthetic)

This time RE has mentioned engine oil level should be at MAX level, normally it's mentioned between MIN & MAX. (I always prefer it near to the MAX level)
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-remoill.jpg

- Inlet/Exhaust tappet clearance: Inspect & adjust annually, same as the 650 twins.
- Interestingly, Throttle body cleaning is mentioned at annual intervals also!
From my experience these things are avoided by most RE SVC and they operate by the principle, "Why fix it, if it ain't broken?"

/surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 4th December 2020 at 15:29.
surjaonwheelz is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 16:33   #255
BHPian

I successfully took the delivery of my Stellar Blue Meteor yesterday. It was raining cats and dogs in Chennai, got a breather time of 1 hour in the evening, so went to the showroom and took the delivery.

Rain Gods were kind enough to send the rains once I started from the showroom, and my wife and I were fully drenched on the way back. Had a wonderful ride back home in the rain, and bike was fully covered with slush. It did not turn any heads as it didn't look like a new bike at all with all those slush. It was a good reminder that I intended the bike to take me places, and not to be a head turner.

Please meet my humble Meteor. Some pics for now.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic2.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic1.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic3.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic4.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20201205-16.15.54.jpeg

I love the simple look of the rear.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-rear_pic2.jpeg

I'm totally in love with the seat and its support for my bums.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic5.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic6.jpg

I requested a MLG helmet with the specific colour instead of the usual black one RE gives. Although I believe the cost of both helmets is just same, the showroom guys were generous enough to provide the MLG one.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic7.jpg

Had to clean the bike again today, and managed to take only few pics as it's still raining here so please excuse the pics above.

Will post initial impressions and more pics as soon as rain subsides, and I take her out for a spin. Thank you for reading!

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks