Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 21:44   #271
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Picture number 2 makes my think the bike is from Harley Davidson and not from Royal Enfield.
Indeed, many other people gave the same comments after seeing the pic/seeing the bike in person.

Quote:
Design and overall execution is great and IMO they have a winner in their provided there are no serious niggles (like Himalayan) and reduce waiting periods so the customers who have booked in advance convert into genuine sale.
Yes, the wash and PPF were done at a professional detailing centre, and the owner, a BHPian and non RE guy, was amazed by the quality of painting, and attention to detail RE has provided. Many inaccessible areas that are prone to rust are painted in black. Also, he was very happy with the fit and finish of the bike. As you rightly said, if there are no niggles, RE has a winner, not only in India but also in world markets.

@All; I just want to know whether the touring seat is of lesser height than the stock one. There's a seat with lower height as well as an accessory, so I'm curious whether the touring seat is also the same height as the lower seat. The sales guy claims stock seat and touring seat are of same height, but mine with the touring seat makes me feel I'm sitting even lower, in comparison to the Meteor with stock seats I TD'ed.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 23:01   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
After taking the delivery of bike, rains and slush made sure my bike doesn't look new. So too her for a proper foam wash, along with some PPF installation. Some pics for now.
Hi
Can you please let me know the store at which you did if its in chennai? Also if you don't mind the cost of the detailing?
Old 11th December 2020, 08:13   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
As lovely as the Meteor 350 is today, the promise of Royal Enfield's tomorrow is what really excites the motorcyclist in me.
- The Classic and Bullet 350 with the J series engine (from the Meteor) will smash the competition.
- The Meteor platform with the 650 cc twin cylinder engine will be an absolute delight. No more worrying about seating comfort and pillion happiness. .
Yes, these could be interesting developments. Am wondering how easy it would be to do this. I guess the single downtube chassis of the Classic would need extensive design changes to accommodate the J series engine. But yes, it could be a game changer for RE and a direct competition for the Highness CB350 in the same segment
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 08:33   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
There are zero vibes while riding and the engine has sufficient grunt just about everywhere.
As lovely as the Meteor 350 is today, the promise of Royal Enfield's tomorrow is what really excites the motorcyclist in me.
- The Classic and Bullet 350 with the J series engine (from the Meteor) will smash the competition.
- The Meteor platform with the 650 cc twin cylinder engine will be an absolute delight. No more worrying about seating comfort and pillion happiness. .
Glad to see they have finally got rid of the Vibrations which REs are famous for. Has RE able to retain the "Thump" with the J Series engines? I hope they have, considering these engines will make way to the classic.
As I said earlier, my eyes are on a more powerful variant of the Himalayan based on the 650 twin which will keep me satisfied for a much longer period of time. Pretty sure it will be in the pipeline.
Old 11th December 2020, 20:22   #275
BHPian

Quote:

@All; I just want to know whether the touring seat is of lesser height than the stock one.

Cheers!
Indeed, touring seat is lower than stock seat. While I don't have exact numbers, but I sat on both of them. TD vehicle had stock seat, and there was a vehicle which was customised with touring seat. I sat on both of them and touring seat is slightly lower, by the lower design it can accommodate the 1.5inches of upper hip support
vishchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 22:32   #276
BHPian

One thing .. is it possible or even useful ? To do after market changes to place riders foot rest for little more touring suited position so that and urgent standing on foot peg can be done ?

Not sure but I heard many done such mod in Thunderbirds.
Old 12th December 2020, 07:40   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
One thing .. is it possible or even useful ? To do after market changes to place riders foot rest for little more touring suited position.
Not recommended due to following reasons
1. Moving the foot pegs may require moving brake and gear levers accordingly which could lead to issues
2. There could be implications on vehicle dynamics when you stand on (updated) footpegs which could be dangerous as vehicle might behave in an unexpected way.
Old 13th December 2020, 13:51   #278
Senior - BHPian

Went to Platinum Auto yesterday since dad wants to get a bike. Showed him the Bullet Electra and Meteor.

My observations from a bystander's point of view:-

- The Meteor is generations forward in terms of refinement. Whereas the Bullet vibrated a lot (almost to the level that the floor of the showroom was shaking), the Meteor rose to life in a quite manner but with an undisputable RE thump.

- The Meteor is also pretty low set and has a 'straight-ahead' position instead of the Bullet's slightly leaned back.

Overall felt that the Meteor is a much better choice, especially with dad almost hitting half-century.
Old 13th December 2020, 20:18   #279
BHPian

What are the waiting times for the Meteor? The Patparganj showroom in Delhi is telling me they're 3 months. Can anybody verify this? Asking because this totally changes my decision.
Old 13th December 2020, 20:33   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
What are the waiting times for the Meteor? The Patparganj showroom in Delhi is telling me they're 3 months. Can anybody verify this? Asking because this totally changes my decision.
3 months is what the app shows by default. And as per my Sales Advisor, it is the worst case commitment and they are observing good number of dispatches from the company so actual wait time will be lesser for sure. My dealer was delivering 2-3 Meteors each day on an average.

RE has made good number of Meteors available for media drives, and some ownership threads have started on this forum as well as elsewhere in the internet. While my date is fixed for 1/3/21 as per the booking statement, I'm hoping I could possibly get it in 2nd half of January or so.
vishchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 21:30   #281
Senior - BHPian

Had a great ride on Meteor today. Liked the ride dynamics a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-img_2144.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 19:28   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Had a great ride on Meteor today. Liked the ride dynamics a lot.
Glad that you liked the dynamics, Sebring. As a CB350 owner yourself, I would love to hear your thoughts on what you like and didn't like in the Meteor over the CB350. May be a short review from the eyes of a CB350 owner? I'm sure your thoughts would help prospective buyers of both CB350 and Meteor. Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Old 15th December 2020, 10:32   #283
BHPian

Just spoke to RE company showroom (Adyar) guy and he informed me that those who booked after 13th December will have a tentative waiting period of 4 months ( he got info from RE H.O). So expect actual delivery by some time Feb Mid..
He also informed me that mine will be delivered around Jan End or Feb 1st week..the waiting continues..
Old 15th December 2020, 10:50   #284
Senior - BHPian

Between future customers and the Royal Enfield company, everything continues to be engineered and leveraged in favour of the company.

The waiting periods (it used to be as long as 2-3 years for the Interceptor).

The customisation snake oil.

This equation will only be shaken up and eventually righted by bikes like the CB 350 ... as long as they are available readily right off the showroom floor. Without this Bajaj era waiting period sham.

This is Royal Enfield crushing the customers with the weight of their monopoly with a take it or leave it leveraging to brutally trim their inventory cost.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 12:05   #285
Senior - BHPian

This is a tough one, for example; if i say the Meteor 'felt heavy and thus far more planted' - This doesn't mean the CB 'was all over the place'. If I say 'the twin pod instrument is very classy', the CB one is 'really modern'. Overall, both are compelling packages, and make for a great buy. The Meteor has an edge in the riding posture and comfort, but then - 'on the CB your upper body is slightly angled ahead' and that's not too bad either. One MUST test ride both to arrive at a decision, as it just boils down to 'personal choice'
Quote:
Glad that you liked the dynamics, Sebring. As a CB350 owner yourself, I would love to hear your thoughts on what you like and didn't like in the Meteor over the CB350.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-img_2143.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed