Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2020, 08:09   #286
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Any aftermarket saddles for meteor ?
Old 20th December 2020, 15:00   #287
BHPian

Just completed my first service, 500Kms, of my Meteor. Booked the service in RE app, and went with company owned SVC at 9:45AM slot. Reached the SVC on time, and was promptly attended. Was promised delivery around 12:30 PM. The customer waiting lounge had lot of fellow RE owners, from seasoned riders to first time RE folks. As bike was getting serviced, I had a wonderful group chat about REs and bikes with all for 2 hours . Oil was changed as per the schedule, and usual stuffs were done. I had one complaint; the side lock wasn't working if the front is tilted towards right. The SVC told that in Meteor the lock is only on one side, the left one. May be fellow owners could confirm. Got the delivery of bike at 12:40 PM.

Below is the break-up of charges.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-bill.png

The navigation software is updated to V7.05. I remember it was V7.04 at the time of delivery.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-meter.png

Though the RE app has good UI and front end UX elements, the back-end needs work to be done. The loading times are simply very long, and I had to wait/re-open the app multiple times to book the service. Though I got multiple push notifications from the app about completion of service, the app isn't updated with completion of service.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-screenshot.jpg

Still 1.5K Kms to go for run-in as per the manual. Waiting to complete it soon before I take her out on a proper long ride.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-main_shot.png

Thank you for reading.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 16:43   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Just completed my first service, 500Kms, of my Meteor.

Below is the break-up of charges.

Attachment 2094956

Thank you for reading.

Cheers!
Thanks friend valuable info on service cost !

RE also providing some platinum AMC for 24000 for 3 year zero maintainence cost. Can someone suggest is it justified cost for AMC ?

I gave 8000 when I bought Tata zest for 3 years zero cost AMC in 2014 and even today nexon cost 28000 for 3 years AMC.

Not sure if my approach of comparison is correct or RE actually charging high amount.
thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 21:24   #289
BHPian

Test rode the Meteor the second time today, this time for a good 15 kms!

My observations, views are personal:

The seating isn't neutral. I find the seating position to be better in the KTM 390 Adv and the Honda CB350. In the RE, you're laid back and the handlebars come at you.

The handling isn't as sharp as the CB350. The CB350 felt more relaxed and unfazed on bumps than the RE.

Build quality wise, again the CB350 takes it for me. The handlebars, switches are better quality than the RE.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th December 2020 at 22:54. Reason: CBR350 -> CB350
nutcracker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 18:20   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Just completed my first service, 500Kms, of my Meteor. Booked the service in RE app, and went with company owned SVC at 9:45AM slot. Reached the SVC on time, and was promptly attended...
Where (which branch) did you buy your bike? And in which service center you got the first service done ?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st December 2020 at 19:01. Reason: Trimmed quote
Old 22nd December 2020, 10:00   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Where (which branch) did you buy your bike? And in which service center you got the first service done ?
I got my bike from Sri Venkateshwara Bike zone, Pallikaranai. I got the bike serviced at company owned SVC in Kottivakkam.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 22:19   #292
Senior - BHPian

Meteor 350 outsells Honda CB350 in its first month of sales as per Bike Advice.

November 2020

Honda CB350 - 4067 units
Meteor 350 - 7031 units

https://bikeadvice.in/cb350-vs-meteor-350-sales-nov/

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 01:14   #293
BHPian

Update after a quick 100km ride: There are only few days when Chennai and winter can go together in a sentence. It's one of those cooler days in Chennai, and I make it a point to head out almost every night in such times, mostly to the ECR. The smooth tarmac, the extra cold breeze of the sea, the eerie silence at some parts, are few things that I love about ECR. So after my first service I decided to give the bike a little stretch, and I took her to a ride till Mahabalipuram or "Mahabs" as one would call it. The ride had two Meteors, and an Interceptor. Though there are enough info on the internet, just throwing some of my personal observations/update on the 100km'ish ride, with and without pillion. Below opinions are from someone who's 6"2, reasonably fit, and on the leaner side.

Speeds: 90kmph is where the bike is at home with pillion. The bike is still in 'Eco' mode as per the speedo, and has enough juice for overtakes. Without pillion, one can easily maintain speeds between 90-100kmph.

Vibrations: Absolutely none till 90kmph, with pillion. Very slight ones at 100 kmph, but I didn't feel anything as I was wearing my riding gears. Something that I never thought I would tell about a 350 RE. Didn't push the bike any higher so can't comment on speeds post 100.

Gear shifts: Absolutely love them. No false neutrals so far, and each shift has a satisfying 'click' sound when the gear is changed. Shifts are also very smooth. My friend, who rides an Interceptor, was very happy with the gear shifts.

Mirrors: Mirrors are usable, but I wish the stalks were stronger. The mirror alone slightly vibrates at some lower RPMs, though nothing alarming/irritating and one can't live with.

Handling: Coming from the FZ25, I found the bike to be easily chuckable, and performing quick maneuvers are breeze.

Braking: One word. Excellent. I had to panic brake when I was at 80, and the bike slowed down more than I expected, yet didn't loose any composure. The bite and feedback are also very good. The back brake especially is strong.

Headlights: Again, coming from the FZ25, I felt like my cataract was removed. Suddenly everything on the front is clear and visible, and high beam illuminated the roads very well. I wouldn't be looking at an upgrade for touring.

Heat: Surprisingly, the bike didn't heat up as much as the earlier 350s did. I didn't feel any heat after the 100km ride, probably because of the cooler temperatures. I even drove in heavy traffic for 20 mins, and there was not much heat. Nothing one can't live with. One can easily manage to ride with even just shorts on for those short city rides. Once the bike sets in, the heat is only expected to reduce. So I'm happy here.

Crosswinds: I did not face any issues in mine which doesn't have a windshield. I got a chance to briefly ride another Meteor which had the windshield installed. The shield deflected all the wind towards my helmet, even my pillion felt some winds. I think someone who's above 6 feet would need a taller windshield.

Touring seats: The seat is on the harder side, but I did not get any discomfort in my butt. Same with pillion too.

Ergonomics: As mentioned, I stand 6"2, and have longer legs. After 30-45 mins of riding, I get discomfort where my right thigh joins my hip bone. The discomfort lasts for some time and becomes numb. I think it's because of the posture, as my legs are slightly raised at the pegs, rather than stretched/relaxed. I think few inches of seat height should solve the problem. I request fellow bhpians to pitch in here, and educate me on what could be the issue and what could be done to alleviate it.

Some pics for now.

The steeds
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-steeds.jpg

My ride.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-front.jpeg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-front_angle.jpeg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-side.jpeg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-side1.png

Thank you for viewing!

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 18:26   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
I'm planning to remove RE logo as soon as I get my Customised Meteor Stellar Blue. Compared to that flashy badge, 3D RE name in fireball looks much more classy. I'd either get that or round RE logo from Airborne blue/Stormrider sand range...
Hey IntoTheStorm,

If you do find any way in which you can remove the logo and get the RE badge, please do let me know. Dad has similar plans as he doesn't like it too.
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 18:53   #295
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Meteor 350 outsells Honda CB350 in its first month of sales as per Bike Advice.

November 2020

Honda CB350 - 4067 units
Meteor 350 - 7031 units

https://bikeadvice.in/cb350-vs-meteor-350-sales-nov/

Cheers
I feel this is as expected as Meteor is way more accessible in all RE showrooms.

And the CB350 is only in the Big Wing showrooms.

I would say The CB350 has done well with very limited reach. I think the real figures will emerge in a few months' time.
Old 28th December 2020, 20:14   #296
BHPian

Almost 3 weeks and 1000 Kms later: There are absolutely no complaints so far. Two updates from my end

1. Fuel Efficiency: I did a tankful last Saturday, reset the trip meter, and rode close to 265Kms before filling up the tank again today. Bike guzzled 6.9 liters of fuel. So the overall FE calculated from tankful method is 38.4 Kmpl. The last 265Kms consisted of 20% traffic, and 80% traffic free roads, including city and highways, all with my wife as a pillion in the back. The bike was also ridden in "Eco" mode most of the times. So overall I'm extremely happy with the FE I'm getting, and I believe FE is only bound to increase going forward.

2. Quoting from my previous post

Quote:
Ergonomics: As mentioned, I stand 6"2, and have longer legs. After 30-45 mins of riding, I get discomfort where my right thigh joins my hip bone. The discomfort lasts for some time and becomes numb. I think it's because of the posture, as my legs are slightly raised at the pegs, rather than stretched/relaxed. I think few inches of seat height should solve the problem. I request fellow bhpians to pitch in here, and educate me on what could be the issue and what could be done to alleviate it.
The pain was so peculiar that it hit only my right thigh, and that too while riding only Meteor. I did not have any pain while performing other activities such as running/cycling and so on. I became very nervous , and started getting all doubts/frustrations such as whether I've made the right choice by picking Meteor over the Himalayan, which I love, and whether the riding stance of Meteor isn't suiting me and so on.

Wifey asked me to try riding without my purse, which I usually keep in my right pocket. Initially I 'meh'ed the idea. After running out of options, I thought of giving it a try. I've been riding without my purse in my right pocket for the past 100kms, and I'm happy to report that the pain has not surfaced and I'm extremely happy now. Apparently some nerve was getting pinched in my butt because of the purse, and that was triggering the pain on my thigh and hip. I noticed that I sit directly upon the purse in my Meteor because of its riding stance, and not so much when riding other bikes. So almost a year into my marriage, and Meteor taught me a big lesson, which is to listen to my wife sometimes. Oh yeah, and not to keep purse in my pocket while riding the Meteor.

Also, a sincere thanks to doc @drrajasaravanan for patiently hearing out my issue, and confirming the issue is because of my purse placement.

Some pics for now.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic1.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-pic3.jpeg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-img_20201225_08533401.jpeg

Thank you for reading!

Cheers!

Last edited by GandalfTheGrey : 28th December 2020 at 20:21. Reason: Adding thanks to doc
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 20:25   #297
BHPian

How spacious and comfortable is the pillion seat? Me and me wife and quite heavy built and I was wondering if we could sit together comfortably, especially for longer rides.
Old 28th December 2020, 23:24   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniedPo View Post
How spacious and comfortable is the pillion seat? Me and me wife and quite heavy built and I was wondering if we could sit together comfortably, especially for longer rides.
Having completed close to 950Kms with my wife as a pillion, I would say the pillion seat is comfortable with backrest and all. The space on the pillion seat is something I can't comment as it varies according to one's body frame. However, the space between rider and the pillion is very less in Meteor. So the pillion is bound to feel cramped on those longer rides. I reckon adding luggage will only make the matter worse. I suggest you take a reasonably long TD, if you haven't already, with your wife, and take a call regarding the space part of rear seat.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 10:15   #299
BHPian

I got a call from my dealer on 28th evening informing me that vehicle is available since some who were ahead in the queue wanted to delay taking delivery. I did PDI, and made the payment. Will get my Stellar Red registered and delivered on 1/1/21. Scheduled date as per booking was 1/3/21.

Also one more news I heard from my RE dealer was about Meteor possibly getting a price raise of around 5k from Jan1st.
vishchan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 11:21   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishchan View Post
I got a call from my dealer on 28th evening informing me that vehicle is available since some who were ahead in the queue wanted to delay taking delivery. I did PDI, and made the payment. Will get my Stellar Red registered and delivered on 1/1/21. Scheduled date as per booking was 1/3/21.
Hi,
Congratulations. Looks like you got dual plus on your booking and new year has started with a bang. Wishing you many happy miles. Cheers
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed