Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2020, 12:30   #301
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishchan View Post
I got a call from my dealer on 28th evening informing me that vehicle is available since some who were ahead in the queue wanted to delay taking delivery. I did PDI, and made the payment. Will get my Stellar Red registered and delivered on 1/1/21. Scheduled date as per booking was 1/3/21.

Also one more news I heard from my RE dealer was about Meteor possibly getting a price raise of around 5k from Jan1st.
Congratulations 🥳 Vishchan. It’s great to start the year on a high note. Wishing you success and happy new year 🥳. Do post your experience and pics.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 14:56   #302
BHPian

Quote:
. Will get my Stellar Red registered and delivered on 1/1/21. Scheduled date as per booking was 1/3/21.
When did you book and at which dealer? I have booked on 01 Dec and delivery date mentioned is 01 Mar 2021
Old 30th December 2020, 15:22   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
When did you book and at which dealer? I have booked on 01 Dec and delivery date mentioned is 01 Mar 2021
I booked at HSR services, Bangalore. My delivery was also scheduled for 1/3/21. Sales Advisor told to me that some who were ahead in the queue wanted 2021 model. I wish to own the bike for atleast 10 years, so Dec20 v/s Jan or Feb 21 didn't matter much to me, so agreed to take delivery.

One advantage was I didn't ask for any customised name on fuel tank. So all I needed was a plain Stellar Red model.
vishchan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 16:51   #304
BHPian

Quote:
One advantage was I didn't ask for any customised name on fuel tank. So all I needed was a plain Stellar Red model.
Lucky you! Even I don't mind getting 2020 model actually.
According to dealer mine might come some time in February. Since mine is a customised one including the name plate, I wouldn't be able to cancel it. So I might have to wait till March in the worst case.
Old 30th December 2020, 22:53   #305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
Lucky you! Even I don't mind getting 2020 model actually.
According to dealer mine might come some time in February. Since mine is a customised one including the name plate, I wouldn't be able to cancel it. So I might have to wait till March in the worst case.

I always wondered how the PDI will happen in a customised bike from the factory. If you don't find it in order, what happens then?

In a regular scenario you get to pick from a lot of 2 or 3 bikes.
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 13:28   #306
BHPian

Congrats on the new bike and your maiden trip. Wishing you happier and happier (s)miles ahead.

Next trip, as we planned, will do a Breakfast ride once the rain subsides.
Old 2nd January 2021, 22:22   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshkmoorthy View Post
Congrats on the new bike and your maiden trip. Wishing you happier and happier (s)miles ahead.

Next trip, as we planned, will do a Breakfast ride once the rain subsides.
Taking the benefit of doubt that your post is intended to me, thank you for the wishes, Rajesh. Yes, as we spoke, a couple of rides with a good camaraderie are in order. Looking forward!

Cheers!
Old 2nd January 2021, 23:28   #308
BHPian

As per the manual for the Meteor, the maximum vehicle weight is 375 kgs (including 191 kgs vehicle weight with 90% fuel). How strictly is this limit applicable?

Also, how is the scene for aftermarket seats for the Meteor? I'm mainly concerned about the pillion seat. I heard from multiple reviews on youtube that the pillion seat gets congested if someone tries to sit one sided. If I do get the bike, it'll mainly be for me riding solo, but I would still want the option to take my mom out if the situation comes up.
Old 3rd January 2021, 11:30   #309
BHPian

Note to self and others: Please exercise extreme caution to clothing while riding over wet roads in Meteor. I'm talking about just wet roads and not even water laden roads. I've heard stories about TB riders getting slush baths after riding over wet roads, and I'm happy to inform Meteor carries forward the TB's legacy in splashing water. Had a quick unplanned 100km breakfast ride to Mahabalipuram today morning. It was raining yesterday with very slight drizzles today early morning, and no water logging anywhere. Below pics illustrate the prowess of Meteor to splash water/mud on to the rider's legs, when ridden just on wet roads.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-1.jpg

Look at even side of seats.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-2.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-3.jpg

Below is my pant's condition despite my knee guards saving few inches down my knees.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-4.jpg

Thank you for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinniedPo View Post
As per the manual for the Meteor, the maximum vehicle weight is 375 kgs (including 191 kgs vehicle weight with 90% fuel). How strictly is this limit applicable?
I'm not sure about Meteor, but I was in a similar situation with my ex-FZ25. The chain sprocket, which was perfectly fine at 15k, gave up in just 20k Km. Reason: I was taking a heavy pillion daily in heavy traffic to work for close to 6 months. The net weight of the rider and pillion alone crossed 200Kg, which was more than the company specified weight limit. During my 20K service, the SVC themselves clearly found out and informed me that I'm overloading the bike, and because of that any warranty claims to engine will result in a very difficult situation to convince Yamaha. With a heavy heart, I politely had to refuse to take that pillion going forward.

Quote:
Also, how is the scene for aftermarket seats for the Meteor? I'm mainly concerned about the pillion seat.
So far, I enquired a couple of third party RE accessories shop, and none have seats. As the bike is new, there are only very few accessories available. Will take a month max for the usual suspects of accessories to arrive.

Quote:
I heard from multiple reviews on Youtube that the pillion seat gets congested if someone tries to sit one sided. If I do get the bike, it'll mainly be for me riding solo, but I would still want the option to take my mom out if the situation comes up.
Very difficult/cramped for those side-sitters. The pillion back-rest eats slightly into the pillion space, making the seat even shorter for those side-sitters. My mom felt very cramped on a short ride of 5Kms. I removed the back-rest, wanting to take my mom on a long ride, but found that the back-rest is attached to the grab-rails, and if the back-rest is removed along with the grab-rails, the pillion will not have anything to hold onto. So I'm actually waiting for the grab-rails alone to be available in the after market, or will probably fit the rails of Fireball, the Meteor variant which has the grab-rail alone.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 13:55   #310
BHPian

Happy New Year all,

Though I agree that the seat size for pillion is comparatively smaller on paper, it has to be seen relative to one’s size and build. I am 5.5 and my wife 5.3 in height (average build) did the test ride before we booked in November. Since I am going to ride a bike after a span of 6 yrs (and esp as i am nearing 40), I wanted to be doubly sure that the seats are comfortable and spacious enough. During my test ride, me and my wife were extremely comfortable on the seats with my daughter occupying space in between.

Although I don’t advocate carrying more than 1 pillion, I in fact (for the fun of it) did a short test ride with my son sitting on fuel tank, my wife and daughter occupying pillion seat. I did not feel we were cramped, but could clearly say for 2 of us the bike is extremely spacious (even when sitting sideways).

I would urge you to try out before making the decision as space, seat comfort, height, handling, feet position are all subjective.
Vikashmalya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 15:38   #311
BHPian

Both the seat and the weight are concerns for me. I am quite heavy built, so I am concerned about what may happen to the bike in the long term if I am travelling with a pillion. I was taking a look at a few other RE bikes and it looks like the gross weight is in the range of 350-375 kgs for all bikes. So I either have to ride solo, and have a pillion very rarely. Or, I could get off my ass and start working out.

As far as the seat goes, I agree with Vikashmalya. I will have to take a test ride and see for myself how the seats feel.
WinniedPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 15:56   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post

Although I don’t advocate carrying more than 1 pillion, I in fact (for the fun of it) did a short test ride with my son sitting on fuel tank, my wife and daughter occupying pillion seat. I did not feel we were cramped, but could clearly say for 2 of us the bike is extremely spacious (even when sitting sideways)l.
I think it is practical approach to check the comfort with daughter and wife as pillion.

For most families, carrying one child between rider and pillion is sometimes, a need and common scene till child is around 7- 8 years.

By the way, what is your daughter's age?

Last edited by gkveda : 3rd January 2021 at 16:02.
Old 3rd January 2021, 16:08   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I think there's nothing wrong in checking the comfort with daughter and wife as pillion.

For most families, carrying one child between rider and pillion is definitely a need and common scene till child is around 7- 8 years.

By the way, what is your daughter's age?
Very True. I was just trying to be politically correct in a forum full of Bikerz.

My daughter is 8 and my son is 5 yrs old. They loved the bike. It’s been long since I rode a bike and they have been pushing me to get one. I will sure be taking them for night rides. We have been doing it on Scooty for the past couple of years. I had to let go off my Gixxer due to back pain (disk degeneration). Though they love the long drives on cars, the daily short night rides will always have to be on 2 wheeler.
Old 3rd January 2021, 18:21   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post

Below is my pant's condition despite my knee guards saving few inches down my knees.
Hi Gandalf, Would mudguard extension in the front solve this? Otherwise Riding this during rainy days would be an issue.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd January 2021 at 19:16. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:30   #315
Senior - BHPian

Mudguard is quite long on Meteor. It's from the sides. Even the CB350 has same issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
Hi Gandalf, Would mudguard extension in the front solve this? Otherwise Riding this during rainy days would be an issue.
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed