Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:42   #316
BANNED

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Note to self and others: Please exercise extreme caution to clothing while riding over wet roads in Meteor. I'm talking about just wet roads and not even water-laden roads.
That is quite a lot of splashing and that is literally all over the bike as if you washed it with muddy water.

IMHO, bad mudguard design, can't think of anything else.

PS: Thank God Royal Enfield didn't give USD forks else those would go bust within no time.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:23   #317
BHPian

I got delivery of my Meteor on 1/1/21. And in 3 days I've ridden the bike around for 200kms. Delivery of the bike was smooth. I felt a slightly softer seat would help hence added RE seat cover with had thin foam. It made the seating better.

I haven't crossed 60-62kmph on 5th gear and have driven the bike sedately. Some observations so far -
1. Rider comfort is very good, seating position is not stressful and allows you to keep the spine relaxed. On my 135 Sunday ride to Nandi Hills this was very evident.
2. Pillion comfort(something that has been discussed on this thread) - My wife who is average built found little discomfort due to back seat width after about an hr. But with a 5 min break she was okay. That is surely a concern.
3. Fuel gauge is super sensitive.. the number of bars in the digital readout, keeps changing due to minor inclination changes in the road. In a stretch of 2 kms, I could see 3 bars as well as blinking single bar. TripF function is useful, but I need to convince myself about how reliable it is. DTE should've been added.
4. Bike rides very well in 3-4th gears in city at speeds from 25-55kmph. Beyond 55 5th gear can be used. But once the running in period is done, I'd prefer to stretch the 4th till 60+ and then move to 5th.

Here is a picture of my bike. More updates will follow
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-meteor.jpg
vishchan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:42   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishchan View Post
I got delivery of my Meteor on 1/1/21. And in 3 days I've ridden the bike around for 200kms. Delivery of the bike was smooth.
Congratulations on your new ride. vischan. The delivery date is icing on the cake, and will be memorable for years to come. Wish you a very happy and safe biking!
Quote:
I felt a slightly softer seat would help hence added RE seat cover with had thin foam. It made the seating better.
Just curious, is the seat cover added over touring seats or the stock ones? Also, what was the cost of the cover?

Quote:
I haven't crossed 60-62kmph on 5th gear and have driven the bike sedately.
Good that you're following the run-in protocol. As my Meteor is also in run-in, I'm tending to keep my eyes on "Eco" mode in the speedo. The "Eco" mode lights up only if one is on the right rpm in right gear, and goes off if one is over-revving or lugging the engine. So if one remains in "Eco" mode for most of the times during run-in, and speeds within 60-70kmph before first SVC, it would help the run-in.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:45   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Just curious, is the seat cover added over touring seats or the stock ones? Also, what was the cost of the cover?
I have stock seats. The seat cover costs 950/- It is listed on the website https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/KXA00134/
vishchan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 15:46   #320
BHPian

Quote:
I got delivery of my Meteor on 1/1/21. And in 3 days I've ridden the bike around for 200kms. Delivery of the bike was smooth. I felt a slightly softer seat would help hence added RE seat cover with had thin foam. It made the seating better.

I haven't crossed 60-62kmph on 5th gear and have driven the bike sedately. Some observations so far -
1. Rider comfort is very good, seating position is not stressful and allows you to keep the spine relaxed. On my 135 Sunday ride to Nandi Hills this was very evident.
2. Pillion comfort(something that has been discussed on this thread) - My wife who is average built found little discomfort due to back seat width after about an hr. But with a 5 min break she was okay. That is surely a concern.
3. Fuel gauge is super sensitive.. the number of bars in the digital readout, keeps changing due to minor inclination changes in the road. In a stretch of 2 kms, I could see 3 bars as well as blinking single bar. TripF function is useful, but I need to convince myself about how reliable it is. DTE should've been added.
4. Bike rides very well in 3-4th gears in city at speeds from 25-55kmph. Beyond 55 5th gear can be used. But once the running in period is done, I'd prefer to stretch the 4th till 60+ and then move to 5th.

Here is a picture of my bike. More updates will follow
Attachment 2102506
Many congratulations Vishchan.. The bike looks awesome.

The bike looks to be Supernova without the windshield. Did you remove it or opted out? I thought it comes default in this variant.

For the pillion, is the discomfort due to lack of space or is it the seat design / ergonomics? I am just curious as many have sighted this to be an issue while i did not feel it during my short test drives.
Vikashmalya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 15:54   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
The bike looks to be Supernova without the windshield. Did you remove it or opted out? I thought it comes default in this variant.

For the pillion, is the discomfort due to lack of space or is it the seat design / ergonomics?
This is Stellar Red model. So doesn't come with windshield.

Regarding the seats, the pillion seats are soft and comfortable, but they are small in dimension. Over longer durations the outer thighs don't get enough support. It is not a major issue, just that the pillion would need a break more often than the rider would.

Rider seats are very well designed.
vishchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 17:57   #322
BHPian

Quote:
This is Stellar Red model. So doesn't come with windshield.
====
Rider seats are very well designed.
My bad. I thought it was supernova brown.

Hope we get a better after market seat to set right this issue.
Old 4th January 2021, 20:43   #323
BHPian

Meteor ex-showroom prices have been hiked by around Rs2000 Here is the new price for Fireball variant in BangaloreRoyal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-screenshot-20210104-8.41.35-pm.png
Old 5th January 2021, 11:12   #324
BHPian

I had booked supernova custom in New Delhi Tilak Nagar lamba enterprise. Booking date was 30 nov and tentative date of delivery mentioned as 28-feb-21

Despite initial discussion that custom bike most likely will be delivered early (around in a month ) .. there is no clue of bike will be delivered in Jan month ?

RE and Lamba enterprises both are silent and asking simply to look at tentative timelines and it’s too early to inquire for delivery as per them.

Not sure if there is a way out or better wait for Feb month.
Old 5th January 2021, 17:07   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
I had booked supernova custom in New Delhi Tilak Nagar lamba enterprise. Booking date was 30 nov and tentative date of delivery mentioned as 28-feb-21

Despite initial discussion that custom bike most likely will be delivered early (around in a month ) .. there is no clue of bike will be delivered in Jan month ?

RE and Lamba enterprises both are silent and asking simply to look at tentative timelines and it’s too early to inquire for delivery as per them.

Not sure if there is a way out or better wait for Feb month.
I know how painful the wait can be. I booked the bike on Day 2 of the launch, and was promised the delivery in a week by the showroom folks, only if I choose any accessory. I instantly chose the touring seats, and completed the formalities. I got a message from RE with tentative date exactly a month later. Two weeks passed, and post that I used to call the showroom every 3-4 days, only to get the same answer that bike will be delivered next week. Long story short, I got the bike delivered only as per the tentative dates mentioned by RE, a month later. Few of the folks I know at RE clearly told me no strings can be pulled for an early delivery as I've customized the bike. Threatening to cancel the booking also won't help either as, I believe, the booking amount is non-refundable for customized bike. So I don't think there's a way out other than to wait as per the RE's tentative dates.

Cheers!
Old 5th January 2021, 17:58   #326
BHPian

Meteor Dyno Test by MotorBeam

ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 20:04   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Meteor Dyno Test by MotorBeam

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=5Lr2d48Jb2E
What were the figures for the Classic 350? Also, has the Highness 350 been put on a dyno yet?
Old 6th January 2021, 08:20   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
What were the figures for the Classic 350? Also, has the Highness 350 been put on a dyno yet?
Here are those results, not sure about the CB350 test, coudn't find them.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210106.png  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210106-1.png  

Old 6th January 2021, 08:41   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Here are those results, not sure about the CB350 test, coudn't find them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
These are not the figures for the Classic 350 but instead the figures for the Meteor 350. Attaching the figures for the Classic 350.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-re1.jpg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-re2.jpg

Last edited by akash_v12 : 6th January 2021 at 08:46.
Old 6th January 2021, 09:00   #330
Senior - BHPian

So, torque at the wheel for the Classic 350 seems to be significantly higher compared to the Meteor 350. But, as per reports, the real world performance of the Meteor suggests a significant improvement over the Classic. Many a times, these numbers seem to be just academic.
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed