Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2021, 10:33   #361
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Thanks for the replies Vikashmalya and GandalfTheGrey.

I'm adding these images for other's reference too. It looks like the Annual Maintenance Contracts covers any costs you might incur during service. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-50a4e4c5a86344f698c0e3f3b24b630f_1_201_a.jpeg

Seems like the Silver level covers the basic costs you might incur during your regular servicing.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-946e429c69d44885bee4be6200b5e142_1_201_a.jpeg

The Gold level seems to be a little more long term and covers the cost for any additional wear and tear as well.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-b1a7f97bcaa745b29e07bccc14b7d2e7_1_201_a.jpeg

Finally, the Platinum level seems to cover even more stuff like Tyres, Battery, Roadside Assistance and Pickup and Drop of the vehicle when servicing.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-79b72046abb94aec8b0e1e624fb4cae6_1_201_a.jpeg

These seem to be worth it if you are a heavy user and go on long rides often. But for a regular user who mostly uses it for commuting along with the occasional long ride, the Gold or even the Silver might be more than sufficient.

Again, this is just my interpretation. I would love to hear the opinions of people with more riding experience, who would have a better idea how much maintenance a bike would need in the long term.
WinniedPo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 11:10   #362
BHPian

@WinniedPo I thought about AMCs while taking delivery of my bike. But it doesn't make sense specially for first 18-24 months when the vehicle has 4 free services. Unfortunately this has to be taken within the first 500kms/first service.
Also manufacturing defects and RSA are covered with extended warranty. So taking Platinum/Gold doesn't make much sense. Silver might be the only real option. Not sure if after 3 years you can switch from Silver to Gold.. I'll check with RE service when I go for my first service next week.
vishchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 12:22   #363
BHPian

Hi
Frankly the service I have experienced with the RE service centres are bordering on average to outright bad. The issues I had with both my vehicles were more sorted out by the neighbour hood mechanic at far lower rates and not by the service centre. But then this is more than 8years earlier and I don't know whether they have sorted things out at the service centres. Cheers
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 12:26   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishchan View Post
Also manufacturing defects and RSA are covered with extended warranty. So taking Platinum/Gold doesn't make much sense. Silver might be the only real option. Not sure if after 3 years you can switch from Silver to Gold.. I'll check with RE service when I go for my first service next week.
Do give an update once you go for your service next week. But since the AMC is anyway just for 3 years, I don't think it'll be possible to switch from Silver to Gold at a later stage. Might also need to go through the terms and conditions of the warranty, since it only specifies coverage of mechanical parts. I have a feeling your Tyres and batteries wouldn't be included in it, hence the platinum AMC.

Initially, I really was considering getting the platinum AMC, but the more that I think about it, even the silver seems to be more than sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Frankly the service I have experienced with the RE service centres are bordering on average to outright bad. The issues I had with both my vehicles were more sorted out by the neighbour hood mechanic at far lower rates and not by the service centre. But then this is more than 8years earlier and I don't know whether they have sorted things out at the service centres.
I have zero experience with RE so I have no idea what to expect. But as you mentioned, I have always heard of people having issues with RE bikes and service, so its safer to be a little cautious. Anyway, as the others have mentioned above, I still have time till 500km before making a decision regarding this, and I haven't even booked the bike yet. So I still have a few months to go before I have to make a decision. I'll use this time to do some more research.

Last edited by WinniedPo : 13th January 2021 at 12:31. Reason: Saw drrajasaravanan's reply after I replied to the previous post.
WinniedPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 12:55   #365
BHPian

Last week I Spoke to a friend who's friend works in RE. He agreed to push my vehicle up the queue for production. I was kind of sceptical about this, but low and behold, he called me on Wednesday and told me that my vehicle assembly is complete (D.O.B Jan 13th 2021)and will be dispatched same day provided PDI goes without any issue. Expecting it to reach dealership on Monday ( due to Pongal holidays) and get it delivered sometime same week. Phewww..Patiently waiting for the call from the dealer (Already infromed the SA and stores manager about the development and shared the details with them)
IntoTheStorm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 13:21   #366
BHPian

Quick update - I completed 425 kms. On reserve-to-reserve method, I calculated about 38kmpl. It is not very accurate as tank-full but gives a good idea.

Niggle - The dealership didn't submit the chassis impression along with other documents to RTO, so they called me on 7th Jan to bring the vehicle, so that they can take the chassis impression. But inspite of that I haven't got my registration number yet. Trying to followup with dealership. I'm hoping I can get the number before I take the vehicle for 1st service.
Old 18th January 2021, 23:16   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishchan View Post
Niggle - The dealership didn't submit the chassis impression along with other documents to RTO, so they called me on 7th Jan to bring the vehicle, so that they can take the chassis impression. But inspite of that I haven't got my registration number yet. Trying to followup with dealership. I'm hoping I can get the number before I take the vehicle for 1st service.
All I can say is you can be relaxed and enjoy your rides as the RTO registration process is complete. It will some times take more time with RTO delivering the RC copy owing to COVID challenges in mind.
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 10:39   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
All I can say is you can be relaxed and enjoy your rides as the RTO registration process is complete. It will some times take more time with RTO delivering the RC copy owing to COVID challenges in mind.
Thanks, actually I got an SMS from RTO with the registration number yesterday evening. So that is resolved now..
Old 20th January 2021, 14:23   #369
BHPian

Got the message I've been waiting for since Dec 01..
My Customised Me350 has arrived at the dealer today. I have already shared all the documents and added RE account for amount transfer. So I Made the payment immediately today. Amount excludes that of insurance and customised accessories. I have to make payment for insurance via the link they provide, and make payment for accessories during delivery ( apparently there is a discount coupon which I can use to reduce accessories cost)
SA shared some pics as well - Accessories (exhaust & footpegs) will be fitted during delivery
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-img20210120wa0015.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-img20210120wa0016.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-img20210120wa0018.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-img20210120wa0019.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-img20210120wa0020.jpg  

IntoTheStorm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 15:23   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
Got the message I've been waiting for since Dec 01..
My Customised Me350 has arrived at the dealer today. I have already shared all the documents and added RE account for amount transfer. So I Made the payment immediately today. Amount excludes that of insurance and customised accessories. I have to make payment for insurance via the link they provide, and make payment for accessories during delivery ( apparently there is a discount coupon which I can use to reduce accessories cost)
SA shared some pics as well - Accessories (exhaust & footpegs) will be fitted during delivery
Many congratulations! THe bike looks awesome. At which dealership did you book yours? I am still waiting for mine booked in November. Hopefully will hear soon..
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 16:40   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
Many congratulations! THe bike looks awesome. At which dealership did you book yours? I am still waiting for mine booked in November. Hopefully will hear soon..
Thanks... I booked at Royal Enfield company showroom Adyar, Chennai. As I have mentioned earlier I pushed the order via friend's friend who works in RE.. Else I would have got it by Feb mid only.. Hopefully you'll get your Me350 soon..
IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 16:53   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
My Customised Me350 has arrived at the dealer today.
Congratulations RJ and all the best with your new baby!

With this MIY initiative of RE, things like seats, crash guards etc is perfectly fine, however, what happens when you want to sell a bike with your name tag on the tank.

Understand it’s premature to think of selling something when you are are just buying it. But, would anyone be willing to buy it with someone else’s name embossed on the tank. Can the name tag on the tank be removed later without causing damage?

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 18:30   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

With this MIY initiative of RE, things like seats, crash guards etc is perfectly fine, however, what happens when you want to sell a bike with your name tag on the tank.

Understand it’s premature to think of selling something when you are are just buying it. But, would anyone be willing to buy it with someone else’s name embossed on the tank. Can the name tag on the tank be removed later without causing damage?

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers
I am yet to see it in flesh, but what I hear from reviews is that the badge is made of a very thin metal sheet and is stuck on the tank. Not sure if threading can remove this. I have also customised my bike with a name badge. Unless there is anything wrong with the bike, I will not be selling or upgrading for another 7 to 10 yrs. So never really thought that as an issue.
Vikashmalya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 18:49   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Cheers
I went to the dealership and saw some customised vehicles being readied for delivery, on closer inspection it seems ike badge is made of a very thin metal foil and as mentioned above, I think it can be removed easily with a bit of heating..

Last edited by IntoTheStorm : 20th January 2021 at 18:50.
IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 12:09   #375
Senior - BHPian

So, popped into my local RE dealer a couple of days back to buy a pair of boots. Happened to take a test ride of the Meteor while I was at it. Was so impressed by the bike that booked a Supernova on the spot, with an understanding that If the dealer gets a Blue Stellar in the interim he will give that to me instead.

only bummer is that the committed date of delivery is on or before May 2021! that's 4 months from now! Although the dealer claims that there is a huge buffer built in so that customers don't complain of delays.

What's been the experience of others. how soon have your meteors been delivered?

Since mine was an impulsive booking, I am not sure I will take delivery if I have to wait till May. If the 650 cruiser launches before that at a good price, I will pick that up instead

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks