Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 23:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

my cousins got a pulsar 180ccv2 black alloys red-bike...

he rides it real ruff and has clocked around 18k kms till date, well he says he regrets having bought this bike, because
1.the gearbox problem persists evenafter the clutch plates being changed twice already,
2.the chain get loosened making the cranky noise,
3.and the smooth engine sound feel has been lost,for this he says he needs to get the silencer changed as told by the mecanic...
4.the electricals and the side indicators are of poor plastic quality,
5. and finally the engine has started dying.

in short he says the bike is sadly very shortlived say what fellas?
Old 26th April 2007, 11:52   #62
Team-BHP Support

Attribute this to the constant releases of version released by BAL.
My bike which is the Classic P150 has its speedo casing gone kaput. Its the part to which the speedo cable is connected on the forks. Been pestering the dealer closest to my place, which is Auto Pulse on Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. They tried to fit the same from the newer crop pf Pulsars, but they arent compatible. Also, parts for the older Pulsar isnt coming in what they say, and they need to specifically get this one part for my bike. Hence owing to lack of availability of parts, my bike has been going around since the past month and more without a speedo.

When BAL releases their new versions, why cant they ensure that parts are compatible with the older models? I am a Pulsar lover, but this is beginning to get on my nerves a lot.
Old 26th April 2007, 12:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I am a Pulsar lover, but this is beginning to get on my nerves a lot.
And beginning to sound like a palio story too.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:02   #64
Senior - BHPian

Btw I hope you guys heard about the P200 which broke one of its front fork on hard breaking
Old 26th April 2007, 13:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
the dealer closest to my place, which is Auto Pulse on Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. They tried to fit the same from the newer crop pf Pulsars, but they arent compatible.
If u're in Blore - just go to Auto Service in BskII - Venkat will ensure you're satisfied and his guys do a v good job - this is not a plug but from personal experience.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:31   #66
Team-BHP Support

@zenx : Do u also come from the Pulsar yahoogroups?
I had taken my bike to Venkat's twice since i came to Bangalore. A very resdpectable man, i must say, and the first time i came back very, very happy. I also suggested the same to my friend who gave his bike there, and came back with a big smile on his face. The second time round, however i had to give in my bike on a Saturday, and was asked to leave it there and pick it up on Sunday. Despite reporting a tad late to collect it, i was surprised to see that my bike was still being attended to. Also, came out with only partial satisfaction to me. Considering i stay at Marathalli, riding down there often is quite difficult for me, and also i need to take my work timings into account. Will wait for a few more days, and then have no other option but to head down there.

P.S. : The 2nd time i took my bike there Mr. Venkat was nowhere in sight, which probably explains the lack of attention/diligence.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:21   #67
Senior - BHPian

@benbsb29 : yes i do.
Venkat's guys are themselves pretty thorough - there surely are slip-ups but once u point things out they, or Venkat himself usually ensure its either corrected or explained to u, depending on whats needed. Each guy takes any one day off every week, and they are open 7 days a week - that might have been his day off.
If u're keen, will PM u his no and you can get things rectified.
BTW, people come to his place from outside of Blore for peace of mind, Marathalli is not too far away. I'm myself on Sarjapura road a little after the ORR.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:33   #68
Team-BHP Support

@zenx : I do know many of the members from that forum who come to Bangalore just for Venkat's.

Shall visit the place sometime in the near future. Currently a little engaged with having to leave for home tomorrow.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

I have a V1 Pulsar 180 that is 5 years old. It has clocked close to 18k kilometers. There was a major problem with the clutch & gear shifting mechanism. This was rectified during the first year (under warranty).

The exhaust started rusting long back - the design was flowed and it would retain water near the mouth of the exhaust. This needs to be replaced. The newer exhausts may not have this problem.

No other major problems except that in my parking lot, another bike fell on my bike and its handle cracked the case of the speedometer console of my bike. I have not tried to replace that yet.

IMO, the engine is not very refined. Have been getting a mileage of 43 - 49 kmpl. These models lose value very quickly. Also Bajaj has been struggling to get a model in the segment of Scooty where all their models have failed miserably.

Long drives are not comfortable because of the extremely thin seat.
Old 26th April 2007, 15:13   #70
Senior - BHPian

You mean you have the classic 180, V1 is used of rthe first lot of DTSi's
Old 26th April 2007, 15:18   #71
Team-BHP Support

The first set of 180s' were known for the gearbox problem, and Bajaj was replacing them under warranty. Since you own the Classic series, its not surprising. Apparently, these were corrected in the next series ie. DTSi
Old 26th April 2007, 15:21   #72
BHPian

U want extreme fun, sensibility and superb after sales support go for Pulsar 180. HH and H are good value for money but they don't thrill..
Old 26th April 2007, 15:43   #73
BHPian

Think twice before buying P200. It happens due to hard breaking. One more P200 had similler problem twice while doing stopee.

Old 26th April 2007, 15:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

The above pics are from How many bhp? xBhp! & are posted there by a member soumyatintin
Old 26th April 2007, 15:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The above pics are from How many bhp? xBhp! & are posted there by a member soumyatintin
Sorry I forgot to mention that

Most Viewed