Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 12:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Intruder 250 patent images leaked

I haven't seen an uglier motorcycle than this. Its an eyesore.
Pkumarblore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 19:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki must be crazy to revive one ugly duckling again with an updated mill. The body to look ratio, pray forgive me, is nothing but a farce. The weak rear section, worsened by a bigger bust and progressively ruining lines from the shoulder. Suzuki could have spent all that money on something of a mid level ADV tourer for Asian markets.

Most manufacturers are realizing the importance of smaller to mid capacity ADVs and putting the money where their mouth is, Suzuki on the other hand is putting all that money the far aft of the system.

God help Zuki.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 10th June 2020, 19:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

They have all the time and money in the world to waste on this ugly duckling but they still wont give us the GSXR250 they built 3 years ago?
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 07:41   #19
MMV
BHPian

I feel that the inappropriateness of the design is attributed to low cc of power mill. Suzuki could have simplified the design flow to make it look lean, in line with engine power.
Suzuki intruder brings home another thought which I would like to share and hear views. My wife had liked the design and I had also seen few woman driving it, thanks to low seat height. Discomfort was that a geared 2 wheeler would be too complex for my wife (she is not a reader of this forum ), so I dissuaded her from that thought.
A thought still remained in mind, why don't manufacturers launch gearless cruiser bikes (read low seat height) esp with upto 150cc engine. Is it a concern over poor power delivery , lack of options or low anticipated demand
MMV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 08:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
A thought still remained in mind, why don't manufacturers launch gearless cruiser bikes (read low seat height) esp with upto 150cc engine. Is it a concern over poor power delivery , lack of options or low anticipated demand
I think you are right. Most of the scooter-friends I know use scooters primarily because they are "gearless". Something that straddles scooter and motorcycle like the Hero Honda Street would do well too, I think. A motorcycle gives me the stability of larger wheels, much needed when offroading on Indian roads.
rajushank84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 14:32   #21
BHPian

Really horrible design by Suzuki. They could have adopted the looks of the Boulevard S40 which is a simple looking cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
I think you mean auto clutch motorbikes. Honda has pioneered such auto clutch motorbikes. I have owned a Hero Honda street. The bike has the engine of a splendor with the looks of a moped; this is to appeal to saree clad women. This is perhaps why it never became popular. The ladies simply went for the scooter and the manufacturers simply didn't think the auto clutch was worth it. Secondly the auto clutch
Having driven the Yamaha FZ25 in crazy Mumbai traffic I can vouch for the convenience of auto-clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks