Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2020, 13:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

BS6 compliant Honda Livo 110 teased ahead of launch

Honda has released a teaser of the upcoming Livo 110 BS6.

BS6 compliant Honda Livo 110 teased ahead of launch-livo4.jpg

In addition to an upgraded engine, the commuter bike will get revised styling and a new instrument cluster. The teaser images reveal a halogen headlamp and the instrument cluster has an analogue speedometer and a digital readout on the right hand side. It also has an engine kill switch. The bike has a narrow tail section with a grab handle.

BS6 compliant Honda Livo 110 teased ahead of launch-livo3.jpg

The Livo 110 is expected to retain its 109cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine. However, the engine will get a fuel-injection system among other upgrades in order to comply with BS6 emission norms. The BS4 version of the engine produced 8 BHP and 9 Nm and was paired with a 4-speed gearbox.

BS6 compliant Honda Livo 110 teased ahead of launch-livo1.jpg

BS6 compliant Honda Livo 110 teased ahead of launch-livo2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 25th June 2020 at 13:56.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 15:15   #2
BHPian

Re: BS6 compliant Honda Livo 110 teased ahead of launch

Honda these days are just interested in playing around the 100-150cc ballpark. By de-tuning and re-configuring the same engine for all their bikes. It's fine if they don't want to invest in 300-600cc segment, but it's 2020 and you should have some presence in 200-300cc segment. But who cares as long as Activa 5G 6G 7G xxxG keeps rolling!

Last edited by kamilharis : 25th June 2020 at 15:17. Reason: Auto Correct
kamilharis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 20:26   #3
BHPian

What's up with Honda trying to always have two options for same tune ?

125 cc - Shine and SP125
110 cc - Livo and CD110

Livo looks more stylish as compared to CD110 but can it beat offerings from Hero stable ? I doubt it.

Honda has products to fill the blanks in Indian 2 wheeler scene but somehow do not seem to get the memo.
Old 25th June 2020, 22:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Honda these days are just interested in playing around the 100-150cc ballpark. By de-tuning and re-configuring the same engine for all their bikes. It's fine if they don't want to invest in 300-600cc segment, but it's 2020 and you should have some presence in 200-300cc segment. But who cares as long as Activa 5G 6G 7G xxxG keeps rolling!
Did you miss the bit about them expanding Silverwing dealerships to cater to premium bikes? Its a long haul. The CB300R, 650R already fills their low set target. If more buyers pop in for existing products then the process of bringing in more models will be easier. If the sales are just about meeting low targets there is no incentive to flood the scene.

Now with Covid even the sport bike market will see a downturn so it is not a smart thing to take your focus away from bread and butter models especially when most humans in this post Covid world will ditch public transportation for safer form of commute which just happens to be the Activas and the Splendors.

Even Bajaj has had to bring back the Chetak after vowing never to get into scooter market again
Old 26th June 2020, 06:21   #5
BHPian

Livo never did well and it won't, in future. The 100-110cc game is where Hero is taking the lead and always well. Livo wasn't a good seller and it never will be. I wonder who why Honda is wasting their energy there instead of getting into 160-300cc segment with proper bikes. We are yet to see a BS6 Hornet or a xBlade.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 09:26   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
But who cares as long as Activa 5G 6G 7G xxxG keeps rolling!
Not relevant to this thread but still calling out Honda's lack of concern towards other road users by introducing blinding LED headlamps in the Activa 5G and carrying on with the same design in other Gs.

No other headlamp on any other two wheeler has ever irritated me like the Activa's has.
vigsom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 09:43   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Not relevant to this thread but still calling out Honda's lack of concern towards other road users by introducing blinding LED headlamp

No other headlamp on any other two wheeler has ever irritated me like the Activa's has.
I have seen five Honda scooters in the halogen era itself which came with headlamps facing the sky. Looks like the assembly line doesn't define the correct leveling mechanism which should be followed when they install the headlamp assembly. Same with the LED lights as well. Though the low beam has a good cutoff, it is still made to face the sky. On my Dio I had to readjust the headlight to properly focus it. So more than the headlight I think the issue lies in the assembly line.
Old 30th June 2020, 14:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Honda Livo BS6 launched at Rs. 69,422

The Honda Livo is now available with a BS6-compliant engine. The updated commuter bike is priced from Rs. 69,422 (ex-showroom, Jaipur).

BS6 compliant Honda Livo 110 teased ahead of launch-livo.jpg

The new Livo is powered by a BS6-compliant 110cc, single-cylinder engine that uses fuel-injection. It produces 8.7 BHP and 9.3 Nm. The engine also comes with a silent ACG starter.

In addition to the updated engine, the Livo also gets a new DC headlamp with a redesigned headlamp cowl and fuel tank. The bike comes with a semi-digital instrument cluster and has an engine start / stop switch, pass switch and service due indicator.

The Livo rides on telescopic fork suspension at the front and has 5-step adjustable shock absorbers at the rear. The bike is available with an optional front disc brake, while the combi-braking system is standard across all variants.
Old 30th June 2020, 15:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

A decade back I bought a 150cc motorcyle (HH Hunk) for 59k on-road, Delhi.

110cc for 70k ex-showroom!!!
BANDHAV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 17:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Honda Livo Disc brake variant priced at Rs. 74,256

Back in June this year, Honda had introduced the BS6-compliant Livo. The commuter bike is available in Drum and Disc brake variants. While the former is priced at Rs. 70,056, the Disc brake variant costs Rs. 74,256 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

BS6 compliant Honda Livo 110 teased ahead of launch-livo.jpg

The Livo BS6 also gets a new DC headlamp with a redesigned headlamp cowl and fuel tank. The bike comes with a semi-digital instrument cluster and has an engine start / stop switch, pass switch and service due indicator.

The new Livo is powered by a BS6-compliant 110cc, single-cylinder engine that uses fuel-injection. It produces 8.7 BHP and 9.3 Nm. The engine also comes with a silent ACG starter.

The bike rides on telescopic fork suspension at the front and has 5-step adjustable shock absorbers at the rear. The bike is available with an optional front disc brake, while the combi-braking system is standard across all variants.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 14:24   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
A decade back I bought a 150cc motorcyle (HH Hunk) for 59k on-road, Delhi.

110cc for 70k ex-showroom!!!
Why go back a decade?! I bought my Honda Activa 125 STD BS IV in October 2016 and it cost me around Rs. 82,xxx/- on road with complete registration, all accessories and 1 year loan+ interest.

When my wife was looking for a scooter a couple of months ago, I inquired about the price of Honda Activa 125 STD BS VI and I was quoted a whopping Rs. 98,xxx/-. They were asking another Rs. 650/- to do the complete registration. This was without any loan. The things changed are that the new scooter is BS VI, has Fi engine and has AHO. Will that command a premium of about 16k even with inflation? IDK.

Last edited by BLACNWYTE : 19th August 2020 at 14:25.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 17:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
Why go back a decade?! I bought my Honda Activa 125 STD BS IV in October 2016 and it cost me around Rs. 82,xxx/- on road with complete registration, all accessories and 1 year loan+ interest.

When my wife was looking for a scooter a couple of months ago, I inquired about the price of Honda Activa 125 STD BS VI and I was quoted a whopping Rs. 98,xxx/-. They were asking another Rs. 650/- to do the complete registration. This was without any loan. The things changed are that the new scooter is BS VI, has Fi engine and has AHO. Will that command a premium of about 16k even with inflation? IDK.
Fi tech commands about 9 to 10k on an average over carb models. Rest is just other increments that's brand dependent. Honda being Honda has put just a high premium tag.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks