Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2020, 13:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Jawa working on an electric motorcycle

According to a media report, Jawa is developing an electric motorcycle.

Rumour: Jawa working on an electric motorcycle-74jawa.jpg

Details about the new electric bike are scarce, but a media report suggests that it could feature Jawa's traditional design language. While the battery cells are likely to be imported, some of the components could be sourced locally.

Classic Legends is said to be developing the bike in-house, independent of Mahindra - its parent company. However, we can expect to see some transfer of technology, given Mahindra's experience with electric vehicles.

Given the lack of information about this project, it is difficult to comment on when the electric bike will be ready for launch.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 19:15   #2
BANNED

Re: Rumour: Jawa working on an electric motorcycle

This has to be some kind of a joke!! I mean how are they doing this! Who thought that this was good idea in the first place!! Who green lit this project!! Many jawa owners are unhappy with what they received in terms of shoddy build of the bike with water seeping constantly into the gauges with 3 months of ownership and the lack of low end grunt that turns off customers who now have to be content with just the looks. No clue about the perak in the real world and also the catastrophe that is the delivery and manufacturing delays that stretch for years! This move makes no logical sense to me at all.
Nikhildrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 07:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
This has to be some kind of a joke!! I mean how are they doing this! Who thought that this was good idea in the first place!! Who green lit this project!! Many jawa owners are unhappy with what they received in terms of shoddy build of the bike with water seeping constantly into the gauges with 3 months of ownership and the lack of low end grunt that turns off customers who now have to be content with just the looks. No clue about the perak in the real world and also the catastrophe that is the delivery and manufacturing delays that stretch for years! This move makes no logical sense to me at all.
Tell me again how any of this should come in a way of them developing an electric motorcycle?
sreeharipv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 10:26   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeharipv View Post
Tell me again how any of this should come in a way of them developing an electric motorcycle?

I'm sorry if they can't produce a competent product even after nearly two years since the booking started and still can't deliver their first two bikes to their customer and when they do most of them are disappointed. How can they think about an electric bike?? I mean who's in the market to buy a jawa electric bike?! What they'll do is slap a battery from China on the same frame and call it a day with like 120km range. Who would want a bike like this that'll definitely be a tourer for some to have such crap range??

Mod Note - Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th July 2020 at 09:02. Reason: Mod note attached.
Nikhildrao is offline   (5) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th July 2020, 12:19   #5
BHPian

If Anand Mahindra has plans in this direction then its good news!

But the makers must not rush at things and produce a product which has remarkable looks, decent performance and average build.. but is still not available to the customers.. JAWA current story.

Bikes running on rechargeable batteries are the future. Bikes with classic history around them makes its own customer segment. For most classic bikes (Jawa, Bullet, Triumph..etc) the aerodynamic design works against their fuel efficiency. Not so needed parts (Example JAWA - no need of two silencers for a single cylinder engine) adds to cost and weight. Similarly cant image a bullet on battery making its dook dook sound!

What is interesting to watch out for is how will the modern classic retros play around this.
Old 14th July 2020, 15:13   #6
BHPian

Come on Mahindra/JAWA, run the normal JAWA business properly at first and then step into something like this!
Old 20th July 2020, 10:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhildrao View Post
I'm sorry if they can't produce a competent product even after nearly two years since the booking started and still can't deliver their first two bikes to their customer and when they do most of them are disappointed. How can they think about an electric bike?? I mean who's in the market to buy a jawa electric bike?! What they'll do is slap a battery from China on the same frame and call it a day with like 120km range. Who would want a bike like this that'll definitely be a tourer for some to have such crap range??
Designing a new product and manufacturing it to acceptable quality levels are two different things. They may have failed at executing the first 1 or 2 models, that doesn't mean they should stop all works on the future products.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks