Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ceat launches "Puncture Safe" tubeless tyres for motorcycles

Ceat has launched "Puncture Safe" tyres for motorcycles. This is a new range of tubeless tyres that will be available in the markets of southern India including Kerala, Bangalore, Mysore and other parts of Karnataka as well as Coimbatore and Salem in Tamil Nadu.

Ceat launches "Puncture Safe" tubeless tyres for motorcycles-ceat-launches-puncture-safe-tyres-motorcycles-milaze-1.png

According to Ceat, the new range of tyres is designed to prevent air from escaping at the point of puncture. It uses a patented sealant that was developed in-house by Ceat that seals the puncture. The sealant can seal punctures for nails up to 2.5 mm in diameter.

Ceat launches "Puncture Safe" tubeless tyres for motorcycles-ceat-launches-puncture-safe-tyres-motorcycles-milaze-2.png

Ceat claims that the new tubeless tyres will improve safety and reduce the risk of accidents caused due to punctured tyres.

Puncture Safe tyres are available in seven sizes and come in a patented box packaging.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ceat launches "Puncture Safe" tubeless tyres for motorcycles

Apparently they use some gel material which seals the punctures and then solidifies to become a proper puncture healing, but there seems to be very less data on how their patented seal material compares to, say a regular tubeless puncture repair strip which is commonly used in the market.

This product range was actually announced almost 4 years ago with a pilot plan to roll it out first in Telangana and AP, and later extend that to pan-India availability.

Here's an article from late 2016 on the same thing.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le16075161.ece

I'm not sure what took them 4 years to bring that to the rest of the Southern market
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:25   #3
BHPian

Am i the only one to not notice any Tyre air inlet valve?. Does that mean that its a one time factory fill seal and just replace the entire Tyre (including the alloy) kind of deal?.

Last edited by srini1785 : 23rd July 2020 at 17:27.
srini1785 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 18:11   #4
OmV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Am i the only one to not notice any Tyre air inlet valve?. Does that mean that its a one time factory fill seal and just replace the entire Tyre (including the alloy) kind of deal?.
I noticed that too! I put it down to a bad rendition by the web content developer. I am not sure how the concept of pre-filled tires would work considering they offer the tire for several motorcycle models and I assume in more than one size. Its mind-boggling to think how those logistics would work to get a tire "factory fitted" to a vehicle!
"Fill it and forget it" would not apply here! No rubber is going to be "air tight" for perpetuity.
OmV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:14   #5
BHPian

Is this concept in theory similar to Formula X but this one for tubeless tyres ?

Also did anyone notice Max. load 180 kg ? Does anyone have further idea on this metric
Old 24th July 2020, 10:17   #6
BHPian

It's a good initiative but Ceat Milaze is definitely the worst tyre to launch it with. I've had terrible experience with it and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy even.
Old 24th July 2020, 11:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Graphic designing mistake. Their official page shows air inlet. I think they have just improved upon the idea of the TUFF UP tube concept which was being used by Honda untill very recently before tubeless tyres became common.

I own a 2012 unicorn which had the MRF nylogrip and TUFF UP tube setup on the rear wheel. In 5 years and 34,000 KM, I did not get a single puncture, or so I thought. Imagine my shock when i went for tyre replacement and saw 4 different punctures on the tube. The gel had leaked out and successfully sealed those holes.

So i guess CEAT have integrated a layer of a similar gel to the interior tyre wall.
windrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 13:49   #8

Guys, after going through the thread, I thought of sharing my take on these ‘Puncture Safe’ tyres from CEAT. Being in the tyre business for all these years, I have learned that there is a huge chunk of buyers in the commuter segment that seek long life as the primary aspect in a tyre. When given a choice between comfort and long life, most pick ‘long life’ as long as it comes with reasonable pricing and limited maintenance. CEAT seems to have made progress on this aspect with these puncture safe tyres.

According to their website, this puncture-safe technique has a sealant that repairs the puncture on its own. The sealant is apparently an in-house innovation by CEAT tyres. It seals holes of 2.5mm in diameter on the tread. In fact, according to them, the sealant lasts the tyre’s entire lifespan. But other than this added benefit, these tyres need to be treated like regular tyres and filled with air at regular intervals. They have a valve for this, like every other tyre.

The tech is new for most buyers, but Milaze moniker adds an advantage. It’s easier to bet on the already popular Milaze tyre with improvised tech, compared to an all-new tyre or a tyre pattern which has limited visibility + following in the commuter after-market tyre segment. In my opinion, this could be the reason for offering this added feature in the Milaze tyres.

But, Milaze is not the only pattern available with this feature. There are other patterns offered with this feature, such as Secura Zoom and Gripp. The image shown could just be an example of one pattern. This tyre is actually available in multiple patterns with varying load capacity.

In any case, I will be back with customer feedback on these tyres, and insights on other newly launched tyres by various other tyre brands soon!
hardy_007 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks