Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 03:22   #1

Need Help with Motorcycle Service network

Dear BHPians,

Hello there! Greetings from a fellow motorcycle lover! :-)

I'm looking for help. I need to know if there are any good Honda bike mechanics in Chennai (also known as Madras)... i've recently had to move here from Mumbai with my family... i own a RD350 and a Royal Enfield Bullet Machismo (the former 16 yrs old and still riding beautifully, the latter 9 years old and a real good roadster) and my brother owns a Honda Unicorn 2004 (good condition but small niggles which have to be sorted out)... we've been having a lot of trouble finding a good Honda mechanic.. the service center guys here are next to impossible... since this is a moderated forum, i think you will all understand me when i say that the less said about my experience with Honda motorcycle service centers in Chennai, the better...

Can Team BHP-ians suggest some reliable Honda motorcycle mechanic (or mechanics) in Chennai (and where exactly to find them) please? Since i love the Honda range of motorcycles, I'd rather die than place it in the hands of these service center vermin... any pointers highly appreciated... also, am planning to buy a new Limited Edition Honda Unicorn Grand Prix - any ideas as to a good Honda dealer(or is that impossible to find too?!) in Chennai where i can book one? I'm new to this place and would appreciate some reliable info please.

Thanks in advance and keep riding! :-)
Old 24th March 2007, 22:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have had my Unicorn serviced twice at KUN Honda and I should say their service is decent. I had bought the bike originally from a different dealer (JSP Honda at Anna Nagar) though. Personally I was not happy with JSP Honda the way they delivered the bike and the other services.KUN Honda has two service centres in chennai as far as I know (as am in the US for the last 10 months and things may have changed) one at Ashok Nagar and the other one at Adyar. KUN's showroom at Adyar is also good albeit not top-notch as far as I have seen with people being courteous. The other showrooms/service centers for Honda motorcycles are Didar Honda on Mount Road and another one at Tambaram whose name I do not recollect. Hope this helps to an extent.

Last edited by rr_zen : 24th March 2007 at 23:01.
Old 26th March 2007, 02:44   #3
BHPian

Get in touch with the service manager of Honda for Chennai and register a complaint with them and ask them which service center you should take your bike to get the problem fixed, they will guide to what they feel is a good service center and might just call them in advance regarding you, this should ensure a preferential treatment (at least once).

At the same time it also lets the company know about the problems a customer is facing with their service network and vehicle. Contrary to popular belief, companies do care about their customers.
Old 26th March 2007, 04:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whatcha gonna do about the RD? That should be the more important question as of now.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:23   #5

Thanks to all BHP-ians for your replies.

Yogesh: How do i find the contact details of Honda's service manager for Chennai? I tried googling for it, but couldnt find much relevant details... i understand that asking Honda (the company itself) for recommendations would be the right thing to do... will definitely do so...

All: For now, since my need is immediate - any good mechanics for Honda apart from the Service Centre guys?

rr_zen: My bad experience was with KUN Ashok Nagar.

v1p3r: What am i gonna do with my RD? Keep loving her, riding her and taking care of her - until death do us part!
Old 26th March 2007, 19:31   #6
BHPian

Couldn't find the details of their service manager for Chennai, you should either use their contact us form or get in touch with their Banglore office:

Kareem Towers,
19/5 & 19/6, 2nd Floor
Cunningham Road,
Bangalore - 560 052.
Tel 22282419 / 22384090 / 91
Fax 22282409
Old 26th March 2007, 19:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntarAtma View Post

rr_zen: My bad experience was with KUN Ashok Nagar.
My gosh ! Am sorry about that. I thought their treatment was good with my bike. Now, I will have to think twice before going to them again. In the meanwhile, if you manage to find a good mechanic\service centre for your Honda, do keep me posted as that will be of great help to me when I return to India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks