Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2020, 13:06   #46
BANNED

Re: Which motorcycle? 100 km daily touring, including villages

Would be good to go for a car from long term health perspective.

If bike is the way I would suggest Royal Enfield Meteor (yet to launch). I have Thunderbird 350 & Aprilia SR 150 now, had CRB 150 R & Spendour earlier. For such long rides, after the initial days are gone, comfort is what matters the most. Have done couple of long rides in RE Thunderbird in past 4 years, it is comfortable, reliable and easy to maintain.

Couple of options to explore purely from comfort perspective in my view could be RE Thunderbird, RE Meteor, Java, Bajaj Avenger.
NSK123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:34   #47
BHPian

I haven't gone through all of the posts, and I know that the XPulse has been suggested before, but I'd still go ahead and tell you to ask your friend to take a test ride of the XPulse. For commuting on our roads, it's as much fun as it gets. It sails through all kinds of roads, and for a bike with 21-18 wheels and that kind of suspension, handles surprisingly well in the corners. The engine takes a little bit of getting used to, but the mid range purrs. Not very enjoyable on the highway, but it'll get you to places moderately fast. The other plus sides of course include how economical it is to own and ride, and Hero's reliable service network. After riding different kinds of motorcycles, I can vouch for the fact that dual sports take to our conditions the best. We should really have more of them.

Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:41   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post

Kindly share your suggestions / experiences and help me help my friend in choosing the bike of his dreams.
Would recommend Xpulse as first choice and Himalayan as second. Have used Xpulse for a couple of thousand kms now. Services are very cheap, can maintain decent average speeds, FE is good and most certain won't get uncomfortable before 150-160 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
I have been doing this for over an year now. There is actually not much difference between a Xpulse and 390 within 50 odd kms (not referring to long tours).
Attachment 2038436
Can certainly relate to this. My hometown is about 180 kms from Gurgaon with a mix of good roads and bad. Takes me about 3:30 on Duke 390 and 3:15 on Xpulse as I have observed over multiple runs. Even in city, with the exception of 2 roads, it takes either same or less time on Xpulse.
motonomad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 14:38   #49
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised no one has recommended the commuter bike king - the Suzuki Inazuma. Refined, Plush, Comfortable and Reliable. A used one can be found for a little over a lac and with the quality of construction, reliability and service support that it enjoys, I think that is a fair price. A used GS150 is also a practical buy if budget is small.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 8th September 2020 at 14:51.
Old 8th September 2020, 15:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I am surprised no one has recommended the commuter bike king - the Suzuki Inazuma. Refined, Plush, Comfortable and Reliable. A used one can be found for a little over a lac and with the quality of construction, reliability and service support that it enjoys, I think that is a fair price. A used GS150 is also a practical buy if budget is small.
Good luck finding dealers and service stations for this in rural TN
hserus is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 18:30   #51
BHPian

Himalayan is a great choice too, I understand that RE does not sync well with reliability but that bike is a good option to be a beater bike. If budget does not match, get a used one with low mileage - your friends bottom would thank him for the decision.

Lohith
psmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 13:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
While you are totally entitled to share your opinion with conviction on what you believe, I am only asking this out of curiosity.

Agree that the Inazuma is comfortable and plush, but how come it is a commuter king in Indian context? As far as I know, the motorcycle hardly did a few numbers even when it was newly launched. Also, how a rare 250 twin from Suzuki is a good choice for someone who needs to commute many Kms daily on TN rural roads? IMO Suzuki India is certainty not know for its far reaching service support and a bike like Inazuma would have spares which will be hard to come by.
I still find it hard to digest by what logic is Inazuma even an option for him given the many other choices available from Bajaj, Honda, TVS, Hero, Yamaha.

Last edited by ishan12 : 15th September 2020 at 13:05.
ishan12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 13:18   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
how a rare 250 twin from Suzuki is a good choice for someone who needs to commute many Kms daily on TN rural roads?
The bike is sold internationally so spares can easily be sourced if one is inclined to do maintenance on their own. It is also a very under-stressed motor so I doubt one would encounter any issues with reliability. If I had to commute many kms daily then I'd need something decently powerful, smooth, extremely reliable and comfortable and I am not aware of anything else that fits the bill. If one were to look at other slightly more powerful options, they all tend to take on a more sporty avatar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks