Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 12:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?

We have threads for places like Mahindra First Choice and Maruti's True value, but CredR is a lone multi-brand player in the two-wheeler segment. CredR (website link) started as an online marketplace for buying used two-wheelers back in 2014. The company raised $15 million in 2015 from its Series A funding. It started in Mumbai, but soon expanded to cities like Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad and Pune. They also have franchise outlets across multiple cities in India. While CredR was started as a marketplace for used two-wheelers, they currently offer a door-step servicing as well. Some of their USPs include a 6 month warranty, assured RC transfer, detailed inspection reports and more.

CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?-screenshot-20200906-12.10.23-pm.png

CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?-screenshot-20200906-12.31.33-pm.png

CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?-screenshot-20200906-12.32.03-pm.png

Last edited by blackwasp : 6th September 2020 at 12:35.
blackwasp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 21:40   #2
BHPian

Re: CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?

My bike replacement is due for a while and I have been looking for a place to sell my current ride.
Difficult to change my mind to sell in olx or other platforms because I am unsure about the certainty of ownership transfer. So I was looking for a reliable platform like this for a while.

Looks good in your post but didn't recieve OTP so couldn't try. Lets see.
Old 6th September 2020, 23:41   #3
BHPian

There is something that you should know if you wish to deal with CredR, Not all outlets are owned or operated by the company staff, they are now following the franchise concept and are busy adding existing 2 used wheeler showrooms/shops to their list of outlets.

There is one such shop near my home (Lingarajapura, Bangalore) wherein I have seen jugaad repairs being done to sell scooters and bikes.

I would honestly stay away from these people. Also note one more thing, most of the juicy deals are for vogo and similar rental company pre-owned and disposed scooters.
SS80 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 02:44   #4
BHPian

Yes, I'd bought my Continental GT 535 from CredR. Would never recommend it to anybody. And it's not just cause I've had a bad experience, their sales partner (franchise) from whom I'd bought the bike also had to cut ties with them because of awful business practices. Just too many customer complaints forced the poor chap to shut down his outlet and start afresh in a new location.
The 1.4L bike they sold me was a 'juggad' and it being my first RE and that too used meant I was not very familiar with the hardware. But I loved it so got everything sorted out from FNG. Though not everything like a crack in the chamber. They even failed to deliver the RC after transfer. When I went to their outlet I was shocked to see that it was permanently closed. Called their customer support their very first reply was that ownership has been transferred and I should download the RC from RTOs website as 'they are also considered legal by the cops' when I said I need the physical RC issued by the RTO they said I should enquire at the RTO and even at post office. I still have the phone recording.
I fortunately was able to track down the owner of the CredR store where I'd bought the bike from, who had now cut ties with CredR and he confirmed he had the RC in his possession, and alas I was able to get it. He told me how difficult it had become for him to operate his business under CredR and how the malpractices had forced him to shut down the store at the previous location due to constant conflicts with the customers.

I bought this bike from them for a premium thinking that because they are providing 6 month warranty on major parts I will not have a lot to worry about. But they would simply refuse to honour their commitments once they close the sale. No door step service, no warranty claims.

Last edited by wrongturn : 7th September 2020 at 02:55.
wrongturn is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 14:25   #5
BHPian

My brother-in-law bought a Hero Maestro from CredR a year ago.

Within a few months of buying it, he ended up having to:
  • Replace both tires (worn bald),
  • Brakes ("Sir, you brake a lot!"),
  • Throttle cord ("you should gently accelerate, Sir!")
  • Both lights.

The RC book/transfer has always been "just two more weeks, Sir!" and the reason cited is that the scooter was bought in another city (in the same state) and so the RTO was dragging its feet.

Last edited by ampere : 7th September 2020 at 14:35.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 12:54   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From what I hear, the financials of CredR are a mess today. I'd met with some of the founders & management team a while ago when CredR was hot & happening. While they were smart & intelligent, because I'm a fan of used vehicles, I could tell that their knowledge of the pre-owned scene in India was lacking. IMHO, there were a whole lot of ideas, but very poor execution.

Thanks for sharing, Kanad! This thread will help those who were considering a purchase from CredR.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 13:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While they were smart & intelligent, because I'm a fan of used vehicles, I could tell that their knowledge of the pre-owned scene in India was lacking. IMHO, there were a whole lot of ideas, but very poor execution
Speaking of the execution part, I would like to share a personal experience.

I tried multiple times to register my old bike on their platform to sell it expecting that someone will call me or that I will get some quote. But none of it. I ended up selling the bike elsewhere later.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 20:54   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
  • Replace both tires (worn bald),
  • Brakes ("Sir, you brake a lot!"),
  • Throttle cord ("you should gently accelerate, Sir!")
  • Both lights.

Not defending cred (never even knew about it till this thread) bit if within a few months his tyres went bald and the brakes went kaput, I would blame your bil for not doing a thorough check. Lights and cords yes difficult to find out but these two will be very clear even after a 5km td
Stribog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 21:57   #9
BHPian

I tried selling my old unicorn through credr. They booked an appointment but nobody turned up. I tried following up but got no response.

I would not recommend them , did not seem professional at all.
I sold my bike somewhere else.
Memnon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 14:32   #10
BHPian

I will not recommend CredR to anyone. My experience from late 2019 in a nutshell -

1. Most of these outlets in Bangalore are owned by used two wheeler agents. Most of them are thugs and by my experience, indulge in shady practices.

2. Vehicles which are sold on CredR are marked up considerably. An outlet owner told me that if i were to buy from him directly without informing CredR, he will drop the price by 8k. CredR's warranty and free services started to seem like a gimmick at this point.

3. The advertisement does not match the actual vehicle. Vehicle in question is a white aviator which was advertised with 35k kms on the odo, non-accidental. The vehicle was definitely painted looking at the overspray in the underbody, felt like it had crossed 90k kms, was very badly maintained which they tried to conceal (looking at the replaced switchgear/worn tires dolled up by smearing engine oil over it), huge panel gaps and rattling. I took a copy of the RC and verified the odo reading with the local friendly honda dealer and the vehicle had run 75k kms as per the records. The odo was rolled back for sale.

4. There was a neat, low run 2007 model activa for sale for dirt cheap in another CredR outlet. Upon thorough checking, i could see a slight warp on the front side right panel. On tapping the panel, it was easy to figure out that considerable amount of body filler was used. There were welds on the front fork (where the shocks are mounted) which were definitely non-oem by the weld splatters around which were painted over. Maybe this vehicle was involved in an accident and fixed on the cheap?

However, there are a few local dealers who are genuine. My friends have bought a couple of vehicles from these exceptional dealers. They are true to their words and also offer servicing options for cheap. If you don't know any such dealers, it's always a better bet to buy from an individual seller after doing your due diligence.
LOL_FWD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 14:14   #11
BHPian

Well, let me add to this thread on my very recent experience with CredR - not for buying anything from them but rather selling my bike on their platform.

I had an Oct 2018 Honda CB Hornet 160 STD variant. Used it from 2018 for office runs until the Covid-induced lockdown in March 2020. By then I had clocked about 11,000Kms on it. This 11K Kms also included one of the most memorable trips with my friends (Read here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...al-munnar.html (Roller coaster motorcycle ride to Kodaikanal & Munnar)). Thereafter, the bike was pretty much left unused and had added a meagre 250Kms from March 2020 to January 2022. Having touched 40s this year and with another scooty in our family, took the decision to sell it off. The IDV on the insurance paper was Rs. 52,000-odd and the bike was immaculately maintained.

I checked with a local reseller near my home and he quoted just Rs. 35,000 initially. I was absolutely not happy with value he had given and walked away. Later that day, he again called me to say that he found a buyer for Rs. 40,000 and that he would be left with no commission. I was still not happy with this price. I clearly told him that I am looking for at least Rs. 50k. He had his own reasoning to de-value the bike, so the deal did not work out. I quite did not like his attitude as if he knows all and I know nothing on bikes.

Then comes my experience with CredR and below is the sequence of events that happened:

Day 1:
1. Raised a request online by giving few details of the buyer location and bike details

2. They arranged for a surveyor who came over within 4 hours same day, took photos and uploaded via their app. He was very courteous and polite, and said someone from their backend team will call back in 15 mins after which he leaves my premises. No money charged for initial inspection.

3. Well, no one called within 15 mins but a lady called back sometime in the evening same day and quoted Rs. 43,000. I was of course not happy with the price and told them that I am looking for Rs. 50,000 (close to the present IDV value). She said she will check back with their finance team and call me back.

4. She called me back within 30 mins and said that they agreed for Rs. 50,000, but conditions attached. When I asked for details of these "conditions", she said that once I give my consent for this price (Rs. 50K), they will arrange for bike pick up immediately. Once the bike reaches their warehouse, it will then be checked by a "qualified technician" and if any defects are found, they will reduce an amount from the agreed sale price. I then asked - what if I dont agree for the revised (reduced) sale price, what happens? She said that in that case, the bike will be returned to me but Rs. 350 will be charged as transportation charges. And if I am okay with the price, the money would be credited to my bank account within 4 hours (more on this later). I was okay with the process.

5. Sure enough, another guy called me in the next 15-20 mins and asked for my location coordinates. He came over in 30 mins as well and picked up the bike with original invoice, original RC, PUC, insurance document and the RTO registration doc. He also collected a cancelled cheque and a copy of my PAN card. By then, it was 7PM on Day 1.

Day 2:
I was expecting a call from their end on the final evaluation status from their "qualified technician" and the final price post their assessment. There was absolutely NO call. It was almost 5PM on Day 2 - neither did I get any call(s) from them nor any amount was credited. There was growing anxiety and all negative thoughts started pouring in. I was thinking what if the bike was damaged during their transportation, what if they change parts from other bikes and claim that the bike is in not good condition. I was evaluating my options of reaching out to them and tried calling back to the same number from which the lady was in touch with me. But that number was probably a one way number (called just got ended without a ring). I then reached out to their registered Whatsapp business account and messaged about the status of the process. I saw them come online on Whatsapp and go offline with zero response. There was absolutely no response for the next 30-45 mins whatsoever. Finally, got an SMS that Rs. 50k was credited to my account. Phew!! So, what they claimed as 4 hours to credit the amount is actually almost 24 hours from the point of picking up the bike.

I would finally call the entire experience of selling my bike through CredR a smooth and well-processed experience overall - sans the time it took from picking up the bike to crediting the amount. Alls well that ends well I guess!!

Few parting shots:
CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?-img_20220103_132435.jpg

CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?-img_20220103_132752.jpg

Last edited by palsaumik : 15th January 2022 at 14:17.
palsaumik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 17:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsaumik View Post
I would finally call the entire experience of selling my bike through CredR a smooth and well-processed experience overall - sans the time it took from picking up the bike to crediting the amount. Alls well that ends well I guess!!
Thanks for this palsaumik. You didn't mention if the ownership transfer happened without issues and how long it took for it to happen. Does CredR give you a written agreement that the ownership transfer is their responsibility and that they will do it? Because if they don't, the actual responsibility is on you, and if the buyer does not do the ownership transfer, you'll be in a quandry, since all the traffic fines etc. will be in your name. I've been considering BeekKart and CredR for selling my Splendor Plus 2006 model for around 22K, and even though I sent a request to both of them, they haven't contacted me even though it's been a week. But my main concern is about ownership transfer. Is there any guarantee that they will do it?
Old 25th July 2022, 21:39   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

I was checking for door-step servicing for two-wheelers, and asked friends who are bikers. The response was a 'No'. Better off going to the company service centre, or through recommendations. But where ever, make sure to build a relationship with the people there. Cant get that with CredR.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I was checking for door-step servicing for two-wheelers, and asked friends who are bikers. The response was a 'No'. Better off going to the company service centre, or through recommendations. But where ever, make sure to build a relationship with the people there. Cant get that with CredR.
I agree. I had approached the Hero Honda dealership, but they only said they'd give the delivery slip after they take the bike and pay for it. When I asked them to show a formal legally acceptable note that it's their responsibility to ensure the ownership transfer happens, they didn't have an answer.
BeepKart accepts only bikes that are upto 10 years old, so mine doesn't qualify. I got a call from someone claiming to be from CredR. Broken and slurry English. Even he said that after the inspection he'd give the delivery slip. When I insisted on a guarantee of ownership transfer, he said all that would be there, then he said he'd send a link for me to upload pics of the bike and after that there was no contact.
I wrote to the heads of the RTO to request them to introduce a new procedure wherein when a bike is sold to a dealership, the ownership is officially temporarily transferred to the dealership. The seller can pay a nominal fee to the RTO online for this. This will also help the insurance company recognize the sale, so that any damages to the bike at the dealership won't be the seller's problem. Since the bike is now in the dealership's name, they'd be incentivized to do an ownership transfer to the buyer.
I wonder if the people at the RTO would introduce any such new procedures based on my request alone. I hope they do, since a reliable solution is necessary for ownership transfer. Even famous people have faced this trouble.
NavBHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 12:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavBHP View Post
Thanks for this palsaumik. You didn't mention if the ownership transfer happened without issues and how long it took for it to happen. Does CredR give you a written agreement that the ownership transfer is their responsibility and that they will do it? Because if they don't, the actual responsibility is on you, and if the buyer does not do the ownership transfer, you'll be in a quandry, since all the traffic fines etc. will be in your name. I've been considering BeekKart and CredR for selling my Splendor Plus 2006 model for around 22K, and even though I sent a request to both of them, they haven't contacted me even though it's been a week. But my main concern is about ownership transfer. Is there any guarantee that they will do it?
Sorry for the late reply. CredR guys (across 2-3 people who interacted with me for sales coordination) always mentioned they will MANDATORILY transfer the ownership on re-sale of the bike through them. But that never happened.

Looks like the guy who bought my bike (RE-SALE 1) never transferred the ownership and I received an SMS from BTP saying there is a "Pillion without Helmet" violation. When I informed this guy about the violation, he said that he will take care of the violation but also mentioned that he had re-sold it again (RE-SALE 2). A few days later, I received a same SMS that there is another violation "Pillion without helmet".

To summarize, CredR guys just sell of the vehicles without doing the actual ownership transfer on paper. Now, I have the delivery note from CredR which says any violation (post the date of resale) would be owned by them. With all these event, I am now thinking what will be the implication on me since they are at fault of not going the legal way of proper ownership transfer.

Violation 1 (from BTP website)
CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?-violation-1.jpg

Violation 2 (from BTP website)
CredR: Any reviews for this used 2-wheeler platform?-violation-2.jpg

Update:

I just now checked on "VAHAN website > Know Your Vehicle Details" and looks like ownership has been transferred. It no longer shows my Name and/or Phone Number.

Last edited by palsaumik : 7th August 2022 at 13:12. Reason: Update
palsaumik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks