Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2020, 12:27   #436
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The two most important things I look for in a new bike when it's launched is the size in real life and how it feels when you crack open the throttle.

Everything else is internet gyaan.

Cheers, Doc
As a owner of 390 Duke and Bonneville, I'm more worried about the heat during regular commute.
Hope somebody talks about this before promised delivery of the bike in Bangalore, ie., November first week
Old 24th October 2020, 12:32   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
As a owner of 390 Duke and Bonneville, I'm more worried about the heat during regular commute.
Hope somebody talks about this before promised delivery of the bike in Bangalore, ie., November first week
I'm also an owner of a first gen 390.

Never understood this heat thing.

Of course I'm an outdoors guy. Riding air cooled 2 strokes and Bullets.

And for the last 4-5 years riding cycles 200-400 km in a day, through the 11-4 afternoon sun.

So our perspectives could be different.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 12:47   #438
BHPian

Quote:
I'm also an owner of a first gen 390.

Never understood this heat thing.

Of course I'm an outdoors guy. Riding air cooled 2 strokes and Bullets.

And for the last 4-5 years riding cycles 200-400 km in a day, through the 11-4 afternoon sun.

So our perspectives could be different.

Cheers, Doc
Sorry, after a freak accident, I was forced to sell my Bianchi and canondale has not seen the road in past one year.

I was talking about burning of your legs during office commute.
Old 24th October 2020, 13:37   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Sorry, after a freak accident, I was forced to sell my Bianchi and canondale has not seen the road in past one year.

I was talking about burning of your legs during office commute.
Yes I know that's what you were talking about.

Just saying that I've been hearing about the same since 2013 when the 390 was launched and never felt the same to anywhere close to the same extent personally.

I tested the 390 pre launch prototype over 4000 kms that included a lot of city riding within Poona.

Some of the stuff on that bike (like the EU spec suspension) never made it to Indian production bikes.

Also, I have the stock fan on my radiator. No swapping, shrouds etc.

She's been ridden as she came from the factory. Zero issues. And she's been thrashed ... never ridden peaceful. Including in the city. And maybe therein lies the clue ...

In my personal opinion, and it's one shared by most of our old school Poona racer puppies, many who have been pretty close to tge devolopment and testing, the bike needs to be ridden hard and hates traffic. As long as you keep gunning her she's most happy. When she gets bogged in slow moving traffic she gets cranky.

There is a local fix when you keep starting to get high coolant temperature warning and the fan keeps coming on. It's a 30 buck electronic part that's fitted. Am sure the Bangalore service guys must be doing it as well. Was done on my bike years ago. Never had an issue.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 24th October 2020 at 13:53.
Old 24th October 2020, 14:14   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yeah, even I was of the impression that side stand was standard. Honda is making good money
The vlogger's bike already has a side stand. So I think they will be provided as standard.

Maybe the pricing is for buying a replacement just in case.
Old 25th October 2020, 10:56   #441
Senior - BHPian

Honda, please sponsor/pay this guy Abhinav for his efforts. He is going all out, doing comparisons, sales pitch, advertising, the works - for you!
Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 11:47   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/yDgy5OYo8J8
Honda, please sponsor/pay this guy Abhinav for his efforts. He is going all out, doing comparisons, sales pitch, advertising, the works - for you!
It's going to be the joke of the century if this baby hits RE Interceptor sales while everyone is looking at a lower level slug out with the cc-equivalent Meteor and Classic.

Illuminating.

Maybe the Japs are smarter and more savvy than some give them credit for.

Imagine the irony of another company turning the tables and playing the look-over-performance card on RE.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 25th October 2020 at 11:52.
Old 25th October 2020, 12:49   #443
Senior - BHPian

I had messaged Abhinav (My 'go to' guy for anything CB 350) and the much vaunted Honda Roadsync app is useless (to me) since it's android only. I'll need an android phone. Might as well have bought the base version in all black. Why honda, why? :(
Attached Images

Old 25th October 2020, 12:58   #444
BHPian

Quote:
It's going to be the joke of the century if this baby hits RE Interceptor sales while everyone is looking at a lower level slug out with the cc-equivalent Meteor and Classic.

Illuminating.

Maybe the Japs are smarter and more savvy than some give them credit for.

Imagine the irony of another company turning the tables and playing the look-over-performance card on RE.

Cheers, Doc

Not a joke. Actually I have been sizing up this against the interceptor 650 with the RE dealer telling me I am doing a wrong comparison. I test drove the Interceptor 650 but it didn't get the wow feeling in me or a big grin on my face as is told to me it should when you have to make a choice of bike. Drove a bike after almost 20 years. Waiting for the CB350 TD, though what I see from the videos, it would perfectly fit my requirement. The only question being do I spend 2.5 Lacs on something that would be driven 10-15 kms in a week.
bimbrahw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 13:08   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Not a joke. Actually I have been sizing up this against the interceptor 650 with the RE dealer telling me I am doing a wrong comparison. I test drove the Interceptor 650 but it didn't get the wow feeling in me or a big grin on my face as is told to me it should when you have to make a choice of bike. Drove a bike after almost 20 years. Waiting for the CB350 TD, though what I see from the videos, it would perfectly fit my requirement. The only question being do I spend 2.5 Lacs on something that would be driven 10-15 kms in a week.
Perfectly put. Most of us felt the same when the specs of the 650 were announced. But we decided to hold our horses till we could at least get a ride.

Then we got to ride it. And were unwillingly swept away in a sea of adulation for what is essentially yet another underwhelming new age RE.

Just bigger and faster than the other underwhelming new age REs.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 25th October 2020 at 13:10.
Old 25th October 2020, 13:25   #446
BHPian

Come next year when the offices reopen, I will be in need of a new motorcycle as my office is moving further away from my home and my trusted Activa will be too hard on my back to go that long. Hope they open a dealer in Chennai before then so I can at least give it a try.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 13:32   #447
Senior - BHPian

I had my heart set on Interceptor but the ride was underwhelming. Also the posture wasn't right for my body type. I took several long test rides, in fact. I was blown by this Honda, like it was tailor-made for me. I'm 165 cms tall, for reference (As a popular reviewer puts it)
Old 25th October 2020, 14:41   #448
BHPian

Quote:
I had my heart set on Interceptor but the ride was underwhelming. Also the posture wasn't right for my body type. I took several long test rides, in fact. I was blown by this Honda, like it was tailor-made for me. I'm 165 cms tall, for reference (As a popular reviewer puts it)
Thanking God that RE dealers (both in Bangalore and Kerala) did not have a TD vehicle of the Interceptor or was interested in a prospective customer (till date no calls other than the first 3 calls with someone trying to explain to me about the bike which I already knew being an automobile enthusiast) who was ready to pay and buy the bike immediately if they just gave me a TD (obviously we need to experience it before paying lakhs) unlike the Honda where we know their passion to all the vehicles they make (from the days of the Hero HONDA, or the Kinetic HONDA, or the Activa, or the Unicorn or the Civic, City, Accord, CRV, Pilot) and the smallest bit of precision they indulge in. Anyways, everything happens for good else, if I had an Interceptor I wouldn't have this opportunity to own this Honda. Waiting for it to arrive down below in Kerala. Fingers crossed
Old 25th October 2020, 16:58   #449
Senior - BHPian

VFM (KR Puram) got the first lot of bikes in Bangalore now. Surprising turn of events. Happy for them. BigWing Topline (Mallya Road), no news.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-a4a8a99c982747bc8dc7c25c36626aa7.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 20:35   #450
BHPian

Quote:
BigWing Topline (Mallya Road), no news.
Got to know that Topline got 12 bikes in the first lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks