Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2022, 16:51   #1051
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

I am a fan of retro looking bikes and honestly, the Kawa Z650RS kinda was love at first sight.
Currently, i do not own any bike (after letting go off my trusted steed 'BlackPearl' - the Bajaj Avenger Street 220 at the end of 2020...i've been contemplating to get a bike for those rides and office commutes.

I am looking for a bike that could adorn all hats smoothly - daily commute to work, weekend rides (and taking up occasional off-roads/bad-roads without any struggle and pain to the rider). I'm not a off-road or an ADV type of guy. Cruising is my type of riding and generally 60-90 kmph is my sweet zone. BlackPearl took all roads and rode gracefully, no matter what.

After reading a lot, being a part of many FB groups, WhatsApp groups and discussing with many owners, i decided to take a test ride of the H'ness 350 and CB350RS.
I was around Lavell Road and decided to visit the Honda Topline V.M.Road outlet in Bangalore on Saturday (23rd April).
First observation: at 5.5" and 75Kg - i was tip-toeing a bit on flat shoes. But both bikes inspired confidence once i was on the saddle.

Now about the 2 Bikes:
CB350RS - the seat is painful and the stance is slightly aggressive but the fun bit is there.
H'ness 350: Comfortable stance, comfy stock seats but felt more comofrtable.

I usually ride with my wife as my pillion (and the first thing she disliked as pillion was the exhaust note).
I'm kind of inclined towards the CB350RS (as i dont like Chrome) but H'ness felt too good to not consider.

About our experience at BigWing : The SA and SM's were too engrossed too not attend. After 3 repetitive requests they obliged to attend and offer test ride.
No SA/SM was keen to offer us a demo or run us through the vehicle and what if offers. simply handed over the price list and that's when we decided to walk away.

Really shocked to see the negligent attitude from a Honda Bigwing showroom.
saurabhgupta710 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 00:14   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhgupta710 View Post
About our experience at BigWing: The SA and SM's were too engrossed too not attend. After 3 repetitive requests they obliged to attend and offer test ride.
No SA/SM was keen to offer us a demo or run us through the vehicle and what if offers. simply handed over the price list and that's when we decided to walk away.

Saurabh, I don’t understand why instead of walking away you didn’t bring the roof down. You should have asked for the Manager of the showroom and blasted the sales people. It’s because people like you walk away that they have confidence to behave like that. Please understand they have jobs because of us, don’t tolerate nonsense and you won’t get it.

Anyways, what’s done is done. In case you really like the bike, don’t let this put you off. After delivery you don’t have to deal with them again as such.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 06:36   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Saurabh, I don’t understand why instead of walking away you didn’t bring the roof down. You should have asked for the Manager of the showroom and blasted the sales people. It’s because people like you walk away that they have confidence to behave like that. Please understand they have jobs because of us, don’t tolerate nonsense and you won’t get it.

Anyways, what’s done is done. In case you really like the bike, don’t let this put you off. After delivery you don’t have to deal with them again as such.

Cheers
Hey Cyborg, i did ask for Manager but they simply said he's unavailable and if i have any "concerns" i can always come back later..which kind of pissed me off and was a bummer. To my utter surprise, sales was casual to say the least.
A gentleman arrived after us looking for Africa Twin and the first thing he was told is " Sir, we don't have any inventory, what you see here is all sold. You can get test ride but delivery will take few months and not sure of timelines" and that gentleman left after that. I agree in today's world, internet has plethora of information and videos and reviews but still!! aren't the Sales chaps supposed to share info? or have they stopped it.

TBH, i did like the bike and wanted to book one but have not proceeded simply because Bigwing showrooms + svc are limited and with these new Honda engine's in India mkt, going outside for service and after sales support could be tricky. I'm not very confident of their A.S.S if their Sales attitude is like this.
My first bike was a humble nimble Honda Unicorn n that's why I'm more inclined towards Honda than the other brands.

On a side note, while my BIL was looking for AT, i tried to raise request on all BigWing showroom websites in Bangalore and none reverted with a call or quote..and he ultimately got his bike delivered from Indore just lask week.
I was shocked to see this arrogant and give a damm from Honda! or is it with all brands these days, not too sure.

Anyway, will update here, IF i proceed with the bikes.
Old 26th April 2022, 13:15   #1054
BHPian

When I bought my Cb350 a couple of months back, I went to 3 dealers. One was not interested at all, except for sending me a couple of messages on WhatsApp about the price. At the next one, the finance guys were very eager, but the sales guys were not - they just kept making excuses and lying. At the third, the sales guys were eager, but finance was a mess.
Went for the third, since I reckoned I need to see the accounts guys only once.
I think every dealer has their own challenges. Picking one you can sort of live with is your challenge.
Old 26th April 2022, 14:08   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Try VFM Honda then. It's on Indiranagar main road. See if the reception is any different. Honda Service is good in Bangalore, don't worry
Quote:
No SA/SM was keen to offer us a demo or run us through the vehicle and what if offers. simply handed over the price list and that's when we decided to walk away
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 14:23   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Did you checkout the CB350 anniversary edition ? It may meet your requirement of less chrome/bling

Also it comes with split seats which are very comfortable and riding position is comfy too.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 15:13   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Try VFM Honda then. It's on Indiranagar main road. See if the reception is any different. Honda Service is good in Bangalore, don't worry
Sure, will try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Did you checkout the CB350 anniversary edition ? It may meet your requirement of less chrome/bling

Also it comes with split seats which are very comfortable and riding position is comfy too.
I did see them in the display at BigWing, but did not really like them..will again check them out when i visit VFM.
Old 27th April 2022, 16:28   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, will try this.

I did see them in the display at BigWing, but did not really like them..will again check them out when i visit VFM.
Looks are purely personal so you are the best judge.

However not a lot of options in retro theme out there. There is Interceptor 650 which looks amazing but personally I had ergo issues(and it is super heavy at parking speeds)

Classic 350 (new reborn) is equally smooth at the speeds you have mentioned however there is long wait period and the weight is felt at slow manoeuvring.

CB350 is smooth(bit boringly smooth) and the gear ratios need bit of getting used to but it has very addictive power delivery.

Some real world pics of my bike

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-d6854a2d9b8045e8a2903de57e78e739.jpeg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-54822e460b184e39b0448a94eac9d2c3.jpeg

Last edited by rajshenoy : 27th April 2022 at 16:34.
rajshenoy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 12:29   #1059

Quote:
About our experience at BigWing : The SA and SM's were too engrossed too not attend. After 3 repetitive requests they obliged to attend and offer test ride.

Yep I visited two showrooms in Chennai, it was not at all premium as advertised, it was on par with other basic showrooms.
epicshadow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 15:57   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicshadow View Post
Yep I visited two showrooms in Chennai, it was not at all premium as advertised, it was on par with other basic showrooms.
Agree 100% but the experience was better than the Jawa, Enfield and Bajaj showrooms I went to test drive.

With regards to your question on my booking, my vehicle is in transit and they are are trying to get the vehicle registered on Friday with delivery on Saturday. Didn't want to continue on the excellent Smurfy thread.

I have also opted for the OE windshield
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 12:25   #1061
BHPian

Having owned a few motor cycles starting with my uncle's 1985 Ind Suzuki in 1999, graduating to I gen pulsar 150, Apache 150 and Fazer 150, my swift ZDI purchase in 2012 ensured that my bike was hardly used but wife wanted to gift me a thunderbird for our 10th anniversary. We went to the showroom but got floored by the ride quality of the Himalayan, bought it in a pure race of the heart decision. While I had planned to do some touring, work pressure ensured that it was used as a commuter bike with occasional weekend drives of less than 100kms. The tall gearing, engine heat during city commutes, heaviness of the bike and a fracture on my left foot (unrelated to the bike) ensured that I sold it after a year. My wife was livid and was vetoing any bike buying decision. When I sold my xuv300 due to a sentimental reason, I had planned to replace it with a IGNIS and Highness but since I was down with Covid delta, decision to buy highness was put on cold storage.

Since my wife has started using the IGNIS frequently, the need for another vehicle resurfaced but I don't have parking space for 2 cars at our home. Hence a second bike came back into reckoning. Was evaluating Yezdi, Dominar 250, Xpulse 200 4v and Apache 200. Was not happy with the engine refinement of Yezdi. There were no TD vehicles available for Dominar, xpulse and Apache 200 in the dealership near the neck of my woods.

Test drove the meteor and was impressed with the ride quality, gearing, much improved engine refinement, height and the nimbleness of the vehicle. Then test drove the highness in the afternoon and I was floored with the refinement of the engine, clutch, gearbox and the ride quality but the taller gearing was a bit of a downer. Since I was used to the taller gearing of the Himalayan and it not affecting the fuel efficiency of the vehicle, it did not become a show stopper. But for the relatively better engine refinement, my not so lucky endeavor with Enfield and most importantly with so many meteors on the road, I would have picked it over the highness.

Finally booked Pearl Star Black with Grey Highness 350 DLX on 16th April, registered on 6th May and delivered on 7th May with the number plates

Took delivery of my with the following accessories from JSP Bigwing Mogapair
1) Fork Boot
2) Saddle stays (Called support pipe)
3) Crash Guard upper and lower
4) Tank pad
5) Splash Gaurds (Mud Guards)
6) OE Windscreen
7) Number plate frames

Filled petrol at the BP bunk opposite to the showroom and drove back from Mogapair to my home via the Chennai bypass road. Pretty decent experience at the dealership. A few from my 120 kms of riding so far.

2) Engine smoothness, slickness of the gearbox
3) Decent horn
4) Ride quality - Rear is a bit firm but infer will settle down. With a pillion it is pretty good even now
5) Handling - Weight is felt only while parking
6) Looks - I always wanted a bullet with a honda engine and honda had obliged.
7) Professional experience at the showroom
8) Torquey engine and great pick up
9) Smoothest slipper clutch
10) Decent breaks
11) Simple & elegant instrument console with blue tooth
12) Decent Mileage - 37KMPL with 70% highway and 30% city riding
13) Engine heat is not felt at all

Dislikes
1) Tall gearing
2) Headlights (especially high beam)
3) Seat comfort. Planning to replace with split seats but the driver seat may require extra padding.
4) No sliders on the stock crashguard and no splash guard for the engine
5) Reversed positions of the horn and the indicator. Takes a bit of getting used to
6) There is no option to swith the lights off. Atleast could have enabled an option to switch them off when the engine kill switch is in off position
7) Plastic bar ends and very slim handles
8) While the dealership was professional, it was not special that is expected out of exclusive high end showrooms
9) Rear View mirrors
Accessories planned
1) Carbon Racing handle bar raisers
2) Carbon racing aluminium bar ends
3) Crash guard Sliders and Handle grips from hyperriders
4) Replacement for my thh helmets
5) Split seats
6) Bike covers
7) Bajaj Avengers street rear view mirrors

Thanks to the various owners feedback on this forum especially @Sebering
which helped me with the buying decision.

Here are some photos

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220508_171114.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220508_171056.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220508_171136.jpg

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_20220508_171149.jpg

Last edited by Sridhar K : 9th May 2022 at 12:27.
Sridhar K is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 07:33   #1062
BHPian

Hi Team BHP

So after many weekends (and some weekdays as well) experiencing the apathy of Bangalore's dealerships, trying to decide on a bike - essentially something on two wheels that would look good, work as a city bike and take us on the occasional highway ride - we zeroed in on a grey CB350. Thanks in no small part to team bhp and it's wonderful members who helped in the decision making process.

Spent some time with the bike last night. Thought I will jot down some Initial impressions:

1. It is a looker. We love the classic, retro looks.
2. It is darn heavy. It could also be me that was out of shape due to a recent bout of Covid but I tried to roll it and it is not a light bike.
3. Road presence - it gets respect on the roads.
4. The rear brake pedal seems a little high. My feet ended up resting on it and I got the nagging feeling I was pressing it while riding.
5. Headlights were insipid - high beam / low beam almost same. Not sure how it would be on dark roads and rains
6. Famed slipper clutch surprisingly gave me pain in my left wrist. I tried the 2 finger method as suggested by most professional bikers on YouTube and it's not that super light. I think I will will use all 4 fingers only (I should stop watching YouTube videos).
7. Riding ergonomics did give me a little discomfort after about 15 mins. I realised my hands were fully stretched which caused some strain on the shoulders. I know I have to have a small bend at the elbows and only loosely grip the handlebars. Time to relearn biking.
8. The exhaust note is loud. Really loud. I hope my neighbours dont complain.
9. For its weight, getting the bike on centre stand was surprisingly easy.
10. The seat has a slight "play" or shake. Having read Sebring's thread I got a little worried but was assured by another CB owner that it was normal.
11. New to biking after almost a decade with cars - I realise there is no easily accessible space to carry documents.

Looking forward to spending more time with the bike.

Cheers, Nimz

Last edited by Nimz : 17th August 2022 at 07:35.
Nimz is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 07:55   #1063
BHPian

CB350 owners - are there any user groups or communities for Honda CB350 like RE and now even TVS. Am based in Bangalore and if there are any specific to Bangalore it would be great.

I did see some posts where Honda had organised rides in the past. Do they still continue or was it more a marketing activity around the launch?

Cheers

Nimz
Old 25th August 2022, 08:14   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
CB350 owners - are there any user groups or communities for Honda CB350 like RE and now even TVS. Am based in Bangalore and if there are any specific to Bangalore it would be great.

I did see some posts where Honda had organised rides in the past. Do they still continue or was it more a marketing activity around the launch?

Cheers

Nimz
I am part of CB350 owners WhatsApp group as well and I can tell you these too go for frequent rides. Most rides are organised at the dealer level. Sometimes, all the dealers in Bangalore participate and ride along with the customers. One such example is an Independence Day ride which happened recently.

However, if touring is the main criteria, then Royal Enfield is the way to go. As far as I know, none of them conduct trips like RE. Most of the Honda trips I have seen are just a single day trip unlike RE which takes you to Ladakh and other regions of Himalayas.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 08:30   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I am part of CB350 owners WhatsApp group as well and I can tell you these too go for frequent rides. Most rides are organised at the dealer level. Sometimes, all the dealers in Bangalore participate and ride along with the customers. One such example is an Independence Day ride which happened recently.
Thanks much. I would like to be part of the WA group. Will PM you and request for the link to sign up if that is fine with you.

On rides - am fine with a day trip. If dealers are organising rides then I guess it depends on how motivated the dealer is. My dealership experience was sub par so am not sure about getting notifications for rides.

And yes RE is fantastic that way. Their app and ecosystem is far ahead of the competition. Honda and TVS bikes are mechanically great but everything else lags so far behind RE.
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks