Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 08:50   #1066
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Thanks much. I would like to be part of the WA group. Will PM you and request for the link to sign up if that is fine with you.

On rides - am fine with a day trip. If dealers are organising rides then I guess it depends on how motivated the dealer is. My dealership experience was sub par so am not sure about getting notifications for rides.

And yes RE is fantastic that way. Their app and ecosystem is far ahead of the competition. Honda and TVS bikes are mechanically great but everything else lags so far behind RE.
Actually, I am part of CB350 "Bangalore" group only. Also, there are multiple CB350 groups within Bangalore. This is because WhatsApp has limitations for the number of people in a group. Also, these groups are created by Honda dealer and moderated by then as well. If you purchase a Honda bike, you will be automatically added to that particular WhatsApp group. When I bought CB300R there is no separate WhatsApp group for it. I was pestering them to add me to CB300R WhatsApp group, but they have not created that time and hence they added me into CB350 group.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 13:21   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Actually, I am part of CB350 "Bangalore" group only. Also, there are multiple CB350 groups within Bangalore. This is because WhatsApp has limitations for the number of people in a group. Also, these groups are created by Honda dealer and moderated by then as well. If you purchase a Honda bike, you will be automatically added to that particular WhatsApp group. When I bought CB300R there is no separate WhatsApp group for it. I was pestering them to add me to CB300R WhatsApp group, but they have not created that time and hence they added me into CB350 group.
Gotcha. I reached out to the dealer and he added me to one WA group.

So far, barring the seat comfort am loving the CB 350 and am getting used to the bike's weight with every passing day. Am also hoping my behind gets used to the seats soon.
Nimz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 18:28   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So far, barring the seat comfort am loving the CB 350 and am getting used to the bike's weight with every passing day. Am also hoping my behind gets used to the seats soon.
There are only dealership level whatsapp groups for now. Typically there will be a monthly ride organised by the dealership(paid breakfast ride) and once in a while there will be a joint ride, like the one on 15th August.

Regarding seating, I too felt the same and went for the split seat. Foam density, Seat width and contour etc makes it more comfortable for longer rides. Do try it out
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 18:45   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When I tried a test ride I also found the seat to be quite narrow and hard. It was a deal breaker for me. I still haven’t bought any other bike and was hoping there is some solution to the seat problem.

I came across this seat by Sahara Seats https://saharaseats.com/honda-highne...-cb350seat-ss1

But I can’t find any reviews for this. This could be a good option.

Has anyone here tried this particular seat or has any other option for the seat.
Old 25th August 2022, 21:15   #1070
BHPian

@RajShenoy - am keeping my eyes peeled open for an anniversary edition CB350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
When I tried a test ride I also found the seat to be quite narrow and hard. It was a deal breaker for me. I still haven’t bought any other bike and was hoping there is some solution to the seat problem.

Hi there.Our test ride bike had the split seats which comes as an accessory. We did find that comfortable (though it was a short ride) and a lot of folks here attest to that.

Maybe you could ask for a test ride on a bike with the split seats and see if it rocks your boat.

Cheers.
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 19:23   #1071
BHPian

Has anybody successfully connected a tachometer to the cb350? I tried with one of the generic ones available online, but the reading is too low - the needle barely moves even with high rpm. Yes, the connections were double checked and earth was sound.
surfatwork is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 10:03   #1072
BHPian

Hello CB350 riders - (using this thread for CB350 queries) just curious if anyone of you got any good after market hand grips.
Also the wind is quite unbearable when you cross the 90 kmph mark but the bike is quite keen to do more with plenty of road - any minimalistic solutions that I can consider? Thanks in advance.
Old 4th September 2022, 19:24   #1073
BHPian

I have been using Grip puppies hand grips and satisfied with them. They are a little on the higher side in terms of cost but works well in reducing vibrations and adding comfort.
nerdgalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 15:04   #1074
BHPian

Hello Friends!

This is my first post in Team-BHP, can't express my excitement of being a part of this lovely community. I am near 40 now, so as most of us do, I got myself a refresh with getting back in to riding after close to 10 years. I got myself a preloved CB-350 (no H'ness preferred), here in Bengaluru recently. ( I already have a preloved Honda City 2015, with black painted alloys, black mirrors & grilled wrapped with vinyl in black from 3m, projector fogs installed by myself - story for another day maybe) Just wanted to share some of my observations on CB 350 so far.

1. Lovely vibration free engine
2. Love the retro modern looks
3. The big motorcycle feel - look it physically not in pictures
4. Very comfortable ergonomics, I am 5" 10' tall for me nothing pains - that speaks for itself (already did up to 250 kms trips two way so far)
5. Convenient and essential features - All Led setup, 2 trip meters, fuel efficiency display, Gear position indicator.
6. Got myself a Givi 32 liters top box - it made life much simpler during rides.

Improvement Areas

1. As most of us know - tall gearing, I would say it does make the cruising effortless at ~100 kmph you can't feel any vibrations, engine is completely relaxed. But in city at low speed many more gearshifts are required - like the RE in these speeds.
2. Position of the brake - it should have been slightly down maybe by around 10-20 mm or so, when you put your legs on the leg-rest and keep it on brake you feel like you might be pressing it, a bit of annoyance for me.
3. A bit more power maybe going up to ~25 bhp could have been great, it looses its breath a little soon I felt. After all it is Honda - they should have done this. Maybe the cost would be one major factor stopping them from doing so.

Overall I loved the bike, using it for office commute as well as weekend rides, hoping for many kms on it. Here's a picture.

Attachment 2355223

P.S. - looking for a group to ride along with, please DM me if any leads, would greatly appreciate.
NEMatters is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 18:15   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMatters View Post

I got myself a preloved CB-350 (no H'ness preferred), here in Bengaluru recently.
Congratulations on your new bike!

Where did you get the box from? Could a share a picture of your bike with the top box on?

Have you considered tuning/ remapping for a boost in power figures?

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th September 2022 at 08:21. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 5th September 2022, 18:40   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedv8 View Post
Congratulations on your new bike!

Where did you get the box from? Could a share a picture of your bike with the top box on?

Have you considered tuning/ remapping for a boost in power figures?
Thanks a lot TunedV8. The top box I got from bikenbiker, got a reference for a fellow friend. They have good varieties available, however it is fixed price and Givi anyways felt costly but the quality seems to be good.

Let me get the picture once I take it out, unfortunately have none currently with the top box.

Remapping / Tuning - it is something unexplored currently. I am also worried on the warranty, not sure if something breaks - don't want huge bills unnecessarily. In my vehicles I usually keep the mechanical engine side untouched, but again let's see how far I can control myself
Old 7th September 2022, 14:51   #1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
Has anybody successfully connected a tachometer to the cb350? I tried with one of the generic ones available online, but the reading is too low - the needle barely moves even with high rpm. Yes, the connections were double checked and earth was sound.
I am also looking for one to fix. The tachometer to be used according to me must have 8K reading not more than that. The one available if found is 12k or more RPM.
What I am looking for is 52mm with max 8 K reading. Can anyone suggest a good RPM meter with 8K max reading.

If any BHPian can help us, it will be great.

Thank you
Old 7th September 2022, 18:40   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfatwork View Post
Has anybody successfully connected a tachometer to the cb350?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismail Swim View Post
I am also looking for one to fix. The tachometer to be used according to me must have 8K reading not more than that.
Curious, why do you guys want to connect a tachometer? Anyways, check out this link.

https://indianautosblog.com/honda-hn...er-kit-p323503

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 08:18   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Curious, why do you guys want to connect a tachometer? Anyways, check out this link.
Interesting must say. From the looks of it, it seems to be a very clean fitment. However, it seems the internal display light might have a mismatch along with the original display. Would look odd at night.

12~13 K for it seems a bit high though & is it available in the Indian market is something to look for.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th September 2022 at 08:21. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
NEMatters is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 14:38   #1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

https://indianautosblog.com/honda-hn...er-kit-p323503

Cheers
Thank you, the above link mentions about the rpm meter with pictures but doesn't mention where we can buy. Long time back I had come across the same link and have requested in comments to let me know where to buy.
I will be delighted if you or any BHPian can let me know about this product or a similar product.
Re need for TACH it depends upon one's driving/riding style and to know the performance in each gear, but I reiterate it is one's own choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks