Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2022, 17:42   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismail Swim View Post
Long time back I had come across the same link and have requested in comments to let me know where to buy
Here you go Ismail, an eBay link where you may buy it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254980035485?_ul=IN

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 22:01   #1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Here you go Ismail, an eBay link where you may buy it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254980035485?_ul=IN

Hope it helps.

Cheers
Thank you so much. Appreciate.
Old 13th September 2022, 14:52   #1083
BHPian

I have taken the delivery of H'ness DLX yesterday, and so far ridden about 90 KM.
I felt the gear shift from 1st to Second is accompanied by a louder noise (At about 20 KMPH). There is not such loud noise while shifting to other gears. Anyone else faced similar issue? Except for the frequent gear shift required between 1st and 2nd, I am loving the experience so far.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 19:48   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
I have taken the delivery of H'ness DLX yesterday, and so far ridden about 90 KM.
I felt the gear shift from 1st to Second is accompanied by a louder noise (At about 20 KMPH). There is not such loud noise while shifting to other gears. Anyone else faced similar issue? Except for the frequent gear shift required between 1st and 2nd, I am loving the experience so far.
I just completed my first service. Clutch is a lot smoother now and therefore the gear shifts are better. I still hit false neutrals now and then but it could also be me not slotting it properly. I think it would get better for you post first service.
Bike also seems peppier. Once the engine is warmed up, I rarely feel the need to go to 1st gear. 2nd and 3rd are pretty good enough for most city duties.
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 12:14   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
I felt the gear shift from 1st to Second is accompanied by a louder noise...
Congratulations!! and welcome to the club. Enjoy the ride. I felt in my CB350 going to 1st from neutral is bit of sound, other gear changes were comparatively smooth. Gearshift itself is smooth but yes there is noise. It should smoothen out once you drive more, there would be some some embedding happening in all the components like gears, power transmission etc. so expect it to smoothen out with your riding and services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I just completed my first service. Clutch is a lot smoother now and therefore the gear shifts are better. I still hit false neutrals now...
Yup, after 1 or 2 services expect things to get smoother. False neutral for me happens only when I try to put in in 1st from 2nd. That too when I go with much lesser force in order to be smooth.. other than that no false neutrals. Gear shifts seems to be much better in CB350, compared with all other bikes I have ridden like R15, Unicorn etc.
NEMatters is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 20:27   #1086
BHPian

Hi CB350 owners:

Today while parking my bike I observed a squeaking sound when I roll the bike back (engine off). This sound comes only when I roll it back AND when the handle bar is turned to the left (locking position).

If i roll it back straight or if the handle bar is turned to the right i don't get this squeak. Also if I roll it forward I don't get this noise.

I just completed my first service and the service centre is not near. Posting here in case anyone has any idea what can cause this? I am riding the bike regularly and I hope that won't aggravate the issue.

Thanks in advance
Old 26th September 2022, 10:49   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Hi CB350 owners:

Today while parking my bike I observed a squeaking sound when I roll the bike back (engine off). This sound comes only when I roll it back...
I think you can do following checks.

1. Check the brake pads and disc. Sometimes there might be dirt accumulated in the brake pad creating the noise. You can clean the disc and pads with a brake cleaner and check if that resolves the issue.

2. There can also be a probability of cables getting some stress when you are keeping handle on any one side. Have you installed the handle bar raisers? They can create some stress on cables since you are not the manufacturers default height.

3. Wheel bearings and play - but this would be last thing which can create such small squeaks. However if nothing else is working, you may get it checked.

I am suspecting it to be a brake pad and disc issue, which is most common.
NEMatters is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:43   #1088
BHPian

Thanks NEMatters.

I will get a brake cleaner and try. I think i will just go to the neighborhood two wheeler guy and ask him to clean the brakes.

I have not added any handle bar risers. So that is ruled out.

Option 3 - probably requires the service center. I hope it gets solved with a brake cleaner.

Thanks again.

Nimz.
Old 27th September 2022, 20:28   #1089
BHPian

The odo on my CB350 reads 2660 kms and the front brake pads gave up. I have read numerous reports about the brake pads giving up early, so it wasn't exactly a surprise. Still IMHO, it is a bit early for the pads to give up. Called the service center and requested them to pick the bike up from my office. They arranged a pick up at 5:30, the mechanic came by 6 and installed the pads in the parking lot. I am happy with the service provided by Big Wing East.

I have had a chat with the mechanic and asked him why the pads gave up so early. According to him, the dirt and mud is accumulating in and around the pads, causing wear, especially in rainy season. He also mentioned that on one particular bike the pads gave up after 200 kms! He says its a design flaw and they have already raised a compliant with Honda in this regard.

The rubber handle bar grip on the LHS has developed play and there are also few issues that take away the joy of riding the bike. I mentioned these issues to him and said the part quality and build quality is no where near CB250R. He said the new CB300F is the spiritual successor to the ceeber! I will take that with a pinch of salt though.

Last edited by tchsvy : 27th September 2022 at 20:29.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 19:54   #1090

Hello CB350 owners!

I am looking for a beater vehicle for 100% city usage. I am on a dilemma between Burgman and Highness (yes, you read that right!)

My requirements:
  • 25 km daily usage - heavy traffic - 75% city roads and 25% narrow streets
  • Pillion comfort - Drop kid at school, wife at office
  • Comfortable at crawling speeds (heavy traffic) and bad roads
  • Safe - Good braking
  • Easy to maintain - I am extremely lazy and want to spend the least amount of time on maintenance

Burgman ticks all the boxes but it doesn't feel safe when it comes to braking. Also the small tyres of a scooter aren't confident inspiring. Costs 1.1L on road and allows me to store my laptop/gym/grocery bag into the boot.

Highness ticks all the boxes but am not sure how comfortable it is at crawling speeds. There are also complaints of brake pads wearing out early.

Can you please share your thoughts? Is CB350 an overkill for my intended usage? How good/bad is it when it comes to riding in extremely slow moving traffic?

PS: I owned a CBR 250R ABS version earlier. It's hard to find a replacement for it (refinement, comfort and braking). I am currently using my dad's scooty Pep for commute and require a two wheeler in the near future.
Old 30th September 2022, 20:30   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrasmandayan View Post

Highness ticks all the boxes but am not sure how comfortable it is at crawling speeds. There are also complaints of brake pads wearing out early.

Can you please share your thoughts? Is CB350 an overkill for my intended usage? How good/bad is it when it comes to riding in extremely slow moving traffic?
Not so good for slow moving traffic. I own a CB350RS and it’s best for free roads but in heavy traffic you will need to change gears too frequently or else you will switch to second gear for whole ride losing FE.

Plus, for your comparison it is almost 1.25 lakh expensive than Burgmann. Go and take a test ride of Apache, Yamaha FZ or Hornet. I think these bikes are more suitable to cater to your needs.
neochanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 21:55   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Hello CB350 owners!

I am looking for a beater vehicle for 100% city usage. I am on a dilemma between Burgman and Highness (yes, you read that right!)..
I think Hness could be overkill for your sort of requirements. Riding in heavy traffic is not it's cup of tea, you would be struggling with 1st, 2nd and 3rd in traffic.

You can look at Burgman or even Aprilla SR 160, if you need some fun at times when you get some free roads. Scooter's with their auto transmissions are really easy to take on traffic + the added functionality of storage and large seats are added advantages.

Only concern with scooters is bad roads, and when you are riding alone the rear suspension can give you some jolts. So if you get one with really sorted rear suspension you would just be fine.
NEMatters is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 22:15   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Burgman ticks all the boxes but it doesn't feel safe when it comes to braking. Also the small tyres of a scooter aren't confident inspiring. Costs 1.1L on road and allows me to store my laptop/gym/grocery bag into the boot.
Your use case clearly points to the comfort and convenience of a Burgman, I don’t think any bike will give you this. Your speed (in the city) and riding conditions do not really warrant the absolute need for a bike. Remember carrying things on a bike are a pain unless you mount various boxes.

I feel your heart wants the Honda and are looking for justifications to buy it from us while in your mind you too know a Burgman is the one to go for

I don’t own a Honda CB350, just stating some practical points you may want to consider.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 09:15   #1094

Quote:
Originally Posted by neochanger View Post
Not so good for slow moving traffic. Go and take a test ride of Apache, Yamaha FZ or Hornet. I think these bikes are more suitable to cater to your needs.
Thanks for the honest feedback. I tried out FZ but wasn't happy with the braking again. I felt the 1.1L premium Highness commands over the 150 CC bikes is justified due to the additional power, dual channel ABS, traction control and comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMatters View Post
I think Hness could be overkill for your sort of requirements. Riding in heavy traffic is not it's cup of tea, you would be struggling with 1st, 2nd and 3rd in traffic.

You can look at Burgman or even Aprilla SR 160
Appreciate the honest feedback aprilia SR was the first scooter I tested. There are many good deals on OLX too. But the suspension is too hard. When the roads are excellent, this scooter feels great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I feel your heart wants the Honda and are looking for justifications to buy it from us while in your mind you too know a Burgman is the one to go for
Cheers
Thank you! It's the other way around.
I switched from FZ16 to CBR 250R (call it the upgrade itch) but ended up using the CBR only for office commute. It is an amazing bike but was definitely an overkill for my usage. I then sold it to buy a Honda Jazz which is lying idle since I can cycle much faster with way lesser mental stress to my office than driving a car. Twice I have committed the mistake of not making a purchase that suited my requirements and do not want to repeat that again. The reason for shortlisting highness is the pillion comfort, dual channel ABS and the Honda factor.

I am leaning more towards the Burgman now I believe it is a trade off between agility and safety. Thank you all for your valuable inputs.
Old 2nd October 2022, 08:35   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
The reason for shortlisting highness is the pillion comfort, dual channel ABS and the Honda factor.
Hi there do take an extended test drive with your pillion rider before finalizing since pillion comfort is a major factor.

The CB350 is a mixed bag when it comes to seat comfort. I find it ok now but I still have not gone on long trips for more than an hour. 30- 45 mins or so my wife begins to feel uncomfortable and has asked for a back rest which I have ordered now. Am hoping that increases the comfort factor a bit more.

But do take extended test drives of your shortlisted vehicles back to back if possible.

Nimz
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks