Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2023, 18:43   #1231
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
I also get to hear the whistling sound on & off from the rear wheel when the rear brakes are engaged.
Other issue:
Right from day 1, the rear wheel does not move freely when I try to rotate the tyre on the centre stand manually. The brakes are restraining the movement even when they are not engaged.
When I pointed out this at the Service Centre, the mechanic asserted that is the case with every big bike.
Is that the case with you?
If it is indeed true, then doesn't it impact the life of the brake pads/disc brakes?
Haven't observed that. Will test it out tomorrow.
Old 20th June 2023, 22:17   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
I also get to hear the whistling sound on & off from the rear wheel when the rear brakes are engaged.
Other issue:
Right from day 1, the rear wheel does not move freely when I try to rotate the tyre on the centre stand manually. The brakes are restraining the movement even when they are not engaged.
When I pointed out this at the Service Centre, the mechanic asserted that is the case with every big bike.
Is that the case with you?
If it is indeed true, then doesn't it impact the life of the brake pads/disc brakes?
After seeing your post i checked mine and it's same ,rear wheel not turning freely but not sure if it's rear brakes, any other owners please comment on this issue.
Old 21st June 2023, 19:42   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Haven't observed that. Will test it out tomorrow.
Checked and it does not move very freely. Not sure what the issue is.
Old 21st July 2023, 21:37   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airavat@22 View Post
Hi all,

Also request if someone can point me towards the nearest good service centre for the Hness in Delhi. (staying at Dwarka).

Thanks in advance.
Hi airawat@22,

Thinking of buying Hness for long distance cruising. Is this suited for a beginner?

Sorry for Off topic :Me too staying in Dwarka. Would love to catch up some time
Old 24th July 2023, 18:20   #1235
BHPian

I use my highness for touring and if you like the retro looks, highness is a good option. It is very smooth and stable in the highways. But keep in mind that the comfortable cruising speed is around 100 -110 kmph. It will not go much faster than this. And I must say, not difficult to use in the cities too. I was a biginner when I bought the highness and happy about the purchase; it is serving me well.
HowDifferent? is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 21:14   #1236
BHPian

Couple of weeks back, i went in for disc pad change, and had requested the SA to do a chain check/clean and lube.
Post that, I feel a high freq jarring at the foot pegs. Specifically when closing down the throttle or when I coast around. There is no issue when throttle is open and power is getting delivered.
Anybody has faced such issues?

Last edited by gkrishn : 24th July 2023 at 21:15.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 10:20   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Couple of weeks back, i went in for disc pad change, and had requested the SA to do a chain check/clean and lube.
Post that, I feel a high freq jarring at the foot pegs. Specifically when closing down the throttle or when I coast around. There is no issue when throttle is open and power is getting delivered.
Anybody has faced such issues?
I felt that too, but the issue is restricted to when I close the throttle completely in 4th gear at around 50km/hr.
spiritofmars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 19:48   #1238

Have noticed the same thing. In my case, it happened after the second service wherein the SA said the chain had been tightened. I found this jarring more prominent during braking and decelerating (idle throttle coasting).

On reporting the issue, he said it is normal and would go away after riding a couple of 100 kms as the chain became relatively 'less tighter'.

Sad to say, that never happened and it is something I have learned to live with.

Maybe, just maybe, it has to do with some factory setting of the chain which the service centres are unable to duplicate?? But, certainly do miss that vibration free ride which first got me hooked onto the cb 350.
Old 30th July 2023, 20:57   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofmars View Post
I felt that too, but the issue is restricted to when I close the throttle completely in 4th gear at around 50km/hr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airavat@22 View Post
Have noticed the same thing. In my case, it happened after the second service wherein the SA said the chain had been tightened. I found this jarring more prominent during braking and decelerating (idle throttle coasting).

On reporting the issue, he said it is normal and would go away after riding a couple of 100 kms as the chain became relatively 'less tighter'.

Sad to say, that never happened and it is something I have learned to live with.
The issue is resolved. Did a 120km test ride . and happy to report that the jarring fotpeg vibration is gone. This is to do with the way the chain adjustment was carried out.
Just walk in and ask them to do a chain check and lube(had to pay for this though..).
gkrishn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 16:56   #1240
BHPian

I got my matte grey CB350rs delivered last month and completed my first service recently.
I’m getting into biking after a decade but quickly got accustomed to the Honda. I did drop my bike on the very first day and got a bent clutch lever. The Honda provided crash guard did just enough to avoid any dents or scratches on the tank. Thankfully it was still usable and I waited till the first service to replace it for a total cost of 300rs.
My biggest and the only negative with this bike is the already well established mud splash issue. The oem mudguards are only for aesthetic purposes. When taking delivery I had asked my SA regarding the extender, but he told me that Honda had stopped providing that since it was causing broken and cracked mudguards later. He instead suggested the highness base variant mudguard which would cost close to 3k. I skipped going for it then and regretted it later. Will be getting that soon unless some cheaper aftermarket mudguards comes to the market.
For now, I’m really enjoying the bike.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_0485.jpeg  

Sebzgeo89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 21:15   #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
I got my matte grey CB350rs delivered last month and completed my first service recently.
I’m getting into biking after a decade but quickly got accustomed to the Honda. I did drop my bike on the very first day and got a bent clutch lever.
Congratulations and welcome to the bigwing club ��

Similarities here are a bit uncanny
I bought the Highness CB350 in April to get into biking after 11 years.

I dropped the bike while washing on an uneven ground in the first month and got the bent clutch which I replaced in the first service ��

Although with labour it was a bit more for me than 300 ...I don't exactly recall the amount.

Do get into the dealer rider WhatsApp group and enjoy the Sunday weekend rides that they organise usually once or twice each month.

Enjoy and keep us posted on your travels with this beautiful machine.

Last edited by graaja : 24th August 2023 at 21:23. Reason: Minor typo
FieryRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 20:05   #1242

Hi all,

New to this forum and very interested in buying the H'ness

Test rode the bike thrice on very short distances last week and loved it

But, I'd want to address the elephant in the room - which is the death wobble

That's the only thing holding back me and a lot of other buyers

I see so many people complaining about it on YouTube but barely anybody here talks about it

Could anybody please let me know about this wobble issue and if it's solved in the latest model? Some people say it's still there, not sure whom to believe and not to.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by graaja : 27th August 2023 at 20:34. Reason: "hness" -> "H'ness", punctuation spacing
BikingNewbie23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 21:01   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikingNewbie23 View Post

But, I'd want to address the elephant in the room - which is the death wobble
I cannot speak for others, I have this bike for one and half years and about 10K kms without any issues.

In the WhatsApp group by the dealer, have seen a couple of people reporting this issue. And have seen thier issue fixed with tire change and/or coneset replacement.

I do not consider this an issue enough not to consider buying the bike. This is my personal opinion, others can add thier perspective.

Hope this helps..!
Old 27th August 2023, 23:01   #1244

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDifferent? View Post
I cannot speak for others, I have this bike for one and half years and about 10K kms without any issues.

In the WhatsApp group by the dealer, have seen a couple of people reporting this issue. And have seen thier issue fixed with tire change and/or coneset replacement.

I do not consider this an issue enough not to consider buying the bike. This is my personal opinion, others can add thier perspective.

Hope this helps..!
Thank you so much for your perspective

My worry stems from the fact that there are many people out there fighting it out with Honda while Honda seems absolutely nonchalant and unaffected. They've made a group and are planning to move legally etc is what I read on YouTube.

Some of them tried a 100 different things to fix it but couldn't. One of them called poet on wheels (on YouTube) tried a lot of things but nothing worked. I saw a lot of people complaining about this on an fb group too but Honda is not sorting it out, which is why I'm a little worried

The dealer group that you spoke about is for which city?
Old 28th August 2023, 11:41   #1245
BHPian

Does the Death Wobble mentioned above pertain to Highness only, or is it also seen in the RS 350 models?

Most Viewed