Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2023, 19:46   #1276
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
I have been trying to make sense of the query below. I believe what you are asking is indirectly answered by Sreejith in this part. In Kerala we have a speed limit of 70 kmph for bikes. If we try to maintain speed below 70 Kmph, in top gear, The tall gearing of the bike makes it lug a lot. This leads to massive wobble in the handlebar. I can personally attest to it with approx 10K km on one. If you intend to use it under 70kmph. You may have to necessarily use it in 4th gear. At higher speeds, this wobble has not been noticed. The moment you leave the accelerator and it loses speed, this wobble returns. Sreejith can attest if you have had similar experience.
From the videos I have seen, I honestly dont think its the lugging due to incorrect gear selection. The riders were going reasonably fast and the wobble is in the handlebar and not the whole bike jerking, which would be the lugging response.
achats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:05   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
I have been trying to make sense of the query below. I believe what you are asking is indirectly answered by Sreejith in this part. In Kerala we have a speed limit of 70 kmph for bikes. If we try to maintain speed below 70 Kmph, in top gear, The tall gearing of the bike makes it lug a lot. This leads to massive wobble in the handlebar. I can personally attest to it with approx 10K km on one. If you intend to use it under 70kmph. You may have to necessarily use it in 4th gear. At higher speeds, this wobble has not been noticed. The moment you leave the accelerator and it loses speed, this wobble returns. Sreejith can attest if you have had similar experience.
I have ridden my Híness for 2 years and 10k kms. I agree the gearing is tall, especially the higher gears. Anything below 65-70 kmph in 5th gear makes it lug and itís not a pleasurable situation. But never have I ever experienced any wobble at any gear and any speed. So canít say if wobbling is related to gearing. It might be a separate issue overall.
nerdgalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 13:22   #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdgalore View Post
I have ridden my Híness for 2 years and 10k kms. I agree the gearing is tall, especially the higher gears. Anything below 65-70 kmph in 5th gear makes it lug and itís not a pleasurable situation. But never have I ever experienced any wobble at any gear and any speed. So canít say if wobbling is related to gearing. It might be a separate issue overall.

I agree on that point. My H'ness is comparatively new, a little less than 2 months old, and it's my first bike. I've ridden over 80kmph quite a bit on the highways at 5th gear and have not faced any wobbling so far, but she does NOT like it when my speed dips at that gear. Granted, i havent let go of the handlebar to test the wobbling to that extent, but why push my luck on that.

The gearing is fine except when you hit speedbreakers, can be quite annoying, though I've noticed i can manage it on 2nd gear as long as I'm pulling in the clutch a little.(not sure if thats a bad technique but it works).

On another note, my bike went through its first service a few weeks ago but I've got that blinking spanner icon on the console since yesterday. Any ideas why this could be?

Also does anyone else face random starting trouble? I dont mean just from a cold start or after a stall, but even after parking and turning it off, sometimes it takes a couple of tried before she starts.
5h1n1gam1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 13:39   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h1n1gam1 View Post
On another note, my bike went through its first service a few weeks ago but I've got that blinking spanner icon on the console since yesterday. Any ideas why this could be?.
Spanner symbol is to show the service is due and the service centre should have ideally reset at the time of service. They might have forgotten.

DIY to remove the display is shown in quite a lot of youtube videos. One of those linked below.

rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 13:56   #1280
Senior - BHPian

I actually enjoy the gearing. You rev the nuts out of it and keep it boiling in the midrange, an odd thing to do with a bike that looks like this, but it feels so good.

This bike - unlike Enfields - is best enjoyed with a sort of rowdy riding style. Despite not having a monoshock, the handling and balance is so good that the bike keeps up with what you do to it when you ride it that way.

Almost like a modern 4-stroke version of RD350 or Yezdi.

I love it.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 7th October 2023 at 13:57.
rajushank84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 14:27   #1281
BHPian

As a prospective H'ness owner, I am keen to know about the Bike for purely city usage. The usual distances would be 20-25 kms in a day. How is the weight and ease of handling the bike in traffic? For reference, I am currently using a 2011 Karizma ZMR.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 16:34   #1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
As a prospective H'ness owner, I am keen to know about the Bike for purely city usage. The usual distances would be 20-25 kms in a day. How is the weight and ease of handling the bike in traffic? For reference, I am currently using a 2011 Karizma ZMR.
The bike's absolutely beautiful to ride in the city. My morning rides to the office mostly involve crawling a distance of 4kms at 1st or 2nd gear and navigating potholes along the way. Its great at handling all of it. But sure, if it leans too far, its almost definitely going down. I am just managing an average mileage of about 27kmpl though . Waiting to see if that improves.
5h1n1gam1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 16:35   #1283
BHPian

The weight of the bike is not felt, unlike Royal Enfields. As to handling, it is a breeze. However, the tall gearing is a real pain in city. Here the Classic ( and all other J series') wins hands down- it can cruise in fifth gear from forty kilo meters on wards.
Ashley Nair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 21:41   #1284
BHPian

New variant or another sticker job?

https://twitter.com/BigWingIndia/sta...r=BigWingIndia
Old 11th October 2023, 17:23   #1285

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
New variant or another sticker job?

https://twitter.com/BigWingIndia/sta...r=BigWingIndia
Looks like it's just a new colour.
https://www.bikewale.com/news/honda-...t-rs-216-lakh/
Old 21st October 2023, 11:43   #1286
BHPian

Has anyone fitted Vesrah Ceramic brake pads to their CB? The stock ones are terrible when it comes to longevity, according to the mechanics at BigWing dirt and grime gets in between the pads and reduces the life of the pads. I would like to hear from members about alternatives, especially Vesrah.

Also on my bike the turns felt heavy and at times I felt like I hit a dead spot from where it was hard to turn the handlebar either way, had it checked when replacing the brake pads and came to know there is one more problem with these bikes, the cone set, the lower bearing is rusting up hampering the handling, was told it would cost 3200 to change it. The mechanic checked my bike, adjusted a few things and its back to normal, at least for now. Now I really think that good old 'Honda reliability' is nowhere to be seen on these bikes.
Old 21st October 2023, 12:35   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Has anyone fitted Vesrah Ceramic brake pads to their CB? The stock ones are terrible when it comes to longevity, according to the mechanics at BigWing dirt and grime gets in between the pads and reduces the life of the pads. I would like to hear from members about alternatives, especially Vesrah.
I am using Vesrah pads in front and rear for more than a year. Not much improvement in performance. Only reason I got them was the stock rear brake was screeching under braking.
nerdgalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 09:55   #1288
BHPian

Took delivery of my Dlx Pro Black Chrome Hness on Sunday night. While riding back home, I noticed that the "check engine" light was not turning off and gave me a shock. Was not able to enjoy my first ride at all. Called the sales rep and he told me that they had lubed the chain and its pretty normal. I was wondering what chain lubing has got to do with the check engine light. Reached home and searched it up and came across youtube videos that showed this issue after chain lubing, bike washing etc. Is this pretty common? How do i get this light to go off?
achats is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 18:20   #1289
BHPian

This is common and nothing to be alarmed about. Should go away on its own.
HowDifferent? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 12:18   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
he told me that they had lubed the chain and its pretty normal. I was wondering what chain lubing has got to do with the check engine light
They lube the chain by running the engine in 1st gear on main stand and having only the rear wheel move. This confuses the traction control system - as only the rear wheel is moving and the front wheel is stationary. I guess the system switches on the malfunction light as a precaution to have it checked. But after riding normally for few hours after this the light resolves on its own.
heinrici is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed