Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2020, 08:05   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
but we are still apprehensive about our childhood experiences.
Or we still ride royal enfields. Sorry couldn't resist on the Honda thread
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 08:26   #752
Senior - BHPian

Honda can actually get away with not having a service center in every nook and cranny. Their products are robust, reliable and will not falter on an everyday basis. So prospective owners should not have this as one of the reasons to not consider a Honda product

However, if you ride a RE, its a different story. Other than having multiple service center, it is also helpful if you have a friendly local mechanic who you can run too to take care of everyday love that the bike throws at its owner.

There is absolutely no comparison between the two when it comes to ease of ownership.

Honda engines are practically indestructible.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 14:42   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryansood295 View Post
Visited the Honda Big wing showroom in Andheri last week. The SA over there said that Honda will launch a 500cc CB Hness in the next couple months.
He also said that there's a 400cc bike, similar to the CB350, launching by March 2021.
No idea as to what extent this is true, but he was quite confident on the 500cc bike as he told me that I should wait till the end of February if I wanted a bigger capacity bike.
We have already heard rounds of Honda launching a scrambler version of the CB350 which, the SA also confirmed.
He also informed me about a price bump of around 2000 in the CB350 by the first week of January.
Hi,
Got in touch with SA of Kun Honda, price hike is definite to the tune of 2500 for CB350 but when i enquired about new launches he put me on hold for the manager of the show room. According to the manager there is unlikely to be a launch before the 3rd quarter, there has been no official communication from Honda. That being said he said CB500 is in the anvil but can't guarantee a time line. I am going to try to get info on any new launches and if I don't find anything in the next couple of months will go ahead with CB350. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 15:01   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryansood295 View Post
Visited the Honda Big wing showroom in Andheri last week. The SA over there said that Honda will launch a 500cc CB Hness in the next couple months.
He also said that there's a 400cc bike, similar to the CB350, launching by March 2021.

We have already heard rounds of Honda launching a scrambler version of the CB350 which, the SA also confirmed.
The wise people say: A rabbit in hand is worth two in bush. Here, we are having not two but three rabbits in the bush.

We have no clue about future. I have been hearing about CB 500 series launch since long. Then heard about Rebel 500/300 just before CB350 launch.

Leave alone new launches, we are yet to see CBR650R back.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 15:49   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
The wise people say: A rabbit in hand is worth two in bush. Here, we are having not two but three rabbits in the bush.
===========
Leave alone new launches, we are yet to see CBR650R back.
That's true. Honda is anyway quite slow with new launches (Except for Activa ).
Even the CB300r is yet to launch with BS6 updates.
Old 4th January 2021, 13:50   #756
BHPian

Having done close to 500kms on my CB350, I notice that the exhaust note gets more thumpy and bassy once the engine reaches optimum temp and its even more eargasmic. Does anybody else think so or is it just me
Old 4th January 2021, 15:13   #757
BHPian

Just took delivery of my Honda CB350 Blue/White today, from Big Wing Ghaziabad.

I had a question, where do I stow the bike documents? I know there is no dedicated space, but how are the owners approaching this problem?
Old 4th January 2021, 17:48   #758
BHPian

CB350 receives a Rs.2500 price hike for both DLX and DLX pro variants. The revised pricing is visible today in BigWing website.
texmonster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 17:52   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

I had a question, where do I stow the bike documents? I know there is no dedicated space, but how are the owners approaching this problem?
Congrats. The RC and DL goes into your pocket. Also the insurance paper. PUC is not required at this stage.

By the way, I have always used the motorcycle while carrying a backpack, so insurance paper and microfiber cloth (and also temporary registration papers initially) are being put there.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 22:30   #760
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations!

Download the DigiLocker app and register all your documents there.
Exception being PUC which you don't need for the first year I presume.
I also scan and upload documents onto Google Drive so worst case even if my phone is dead, I can logon to my Google account on another phone.
I show my documents to cops on phone whenever asked. Don't suppose you need them for anything else while out riding.
Pre-Android era, I would put all papers inside a plastic bag and stow them away under the seat, regardless of how they would be distorted.

Last edited by shyamg28 : 4th January 2021 at 22:32.
shyamg28 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:55   #761
BHPian

Quote:
As Shyam has rightly said, all your documents can be stored in DigiLocker. As per the portal, all documents stored in it are at par with the original copy. I have seen people show documents from it to cops in Bangalore without any issues.
stealthcraft22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:15   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthcraft22 View Post
As Shyam has rightly said, all your documents can be stored in DigiLocker. As per the portal, all documents stored in it are at par with the original copy. I have seen people show documents from it to cops in Bangalore without any issues.
Hi, you can try out the mParivahan App. It stores all your vehicle docs and updates. Very good, simple to use and accepted by local authorities.

Link here :

https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/e...han-mobile-app

Regards/Seacat
Seacat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 13:57   #763
BHPian

Rode the CB350 for a good 60km on my first day. It was a rainy day here in Delhi but I didn't mind. I almost froze myself and completely wet myself from the rain, but I kept riding. I like the bike. I think there is ample power for the city. The ridability and manoeuvrability is amazing. This is exactly what I was looking for: a ridable bike that I can keep long term, use for short vegetable and milk buying errands etc.

Sure, the CB350 doesn't have the personality of my ex-KTM 390 Adventure. I still regret selling it. That machine has a personality and was very confidence inspiring, almost inviting me to try new things. The high seat height actually contributes to the confidence. Wont say the same about the CB350. But don't let that take away from the fact the CB350 is a great bike in its own right. It nails what it is meant to do, and I think it is the quintessential city bike for Indian cities. It just doesn't have the character and the personality of my KTM 390 Adv.

Another observation. One of my work places is located in Old Delhi where the roads are terrible. I felt the CB350 handled those roads much better, and offered an overall smoother experience than the KTM 390 Adv. The low end in the CB350 is a boon for bad roads / off roads. The KTM might have better tyres and higher ground clearance but the CB felt much at home in such situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamg28 View Post
Congratulations!

Download the DigiLocker app and register all your documents there.
Exception being PUC which you don't need for the first year I presume.
I also scan and upload documents onto Google Drive so worst case even if my phone is dead, I can logon to my Google account on another phone.
I show my documents to cops on phone whenever asked. Don't suppose you need them for anything else while out riding.
Pre-Android era, I would put all papers inside a plastic bag and stow them away under the seat, regardless of how they would be distorted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthcraft22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi, you can try out the mParivahan App. It stores all your vehicle docs and updates. Very good, simple to use and accepted by local authorities.

Link here :

https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/e...han-mobile-app

Regards/Seacat
Thanks guys. I do use DigiLocker, but the problem is, for my vehicles that are not under my name but under my company name, I cannot add them to Digilocker because it maps everything to one's Aadhar Card. That also means that if there is a spelling discrepancy in your name, it wont be able to be added on Digilocker. I will try the Parivahan app, but sadly there is no iOS version. I do have an Android phone although I hardly use that. Will boot it again, just for Parivahan app ;0

But there are other problems too. I always carry a microfibre cloth and a bungee cord on my bike. These are non-negotiable essentials. Where do I stow them?

Last edited by nutcracker : 5th January 2021 at 14:14.
nutcracker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 15:47   #764
Senior - BHPian

The only way is to lug a back-pack (Like I do), or have a pannier case. I thought the 390Adv will eat bad roads for breakfast, but your post is a revelation (Particularly when you bring a new suspension spring into the equation). For 1000 Kms, the ride will be on a slightly bumpy side. Then on its great
Quote:
But there are other problems too. I always carry a microfibre cloth and a bungee cord on my bike. These are non-negotiable essentials. Where do I stow them?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 16:45   #765
R.G
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, the CB350 doesn't have the personality of my ex-KTM 390 Adventure. I still regret selling it.?
Sorry for going OT , but what made you switch to CB350 ? . I recently did a test ride of CB350 and Himalayan back to back and found the seating position of the ADV much comfortable than CB350. On the other hand , CB350 was butter smooth to ride and had better control.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks