Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2023, 17:25   #1291
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

I am enjoying the commute in my new Hness with its SUV like riding position and thumpy BGM but one thing i am not liking is the stock seat. I am finding it a bit hard and uncomfy. Dont know if I will get used to it as its only been a few days. Has anyone opted for the accessory seats? They are a bit expensive at 5K but will consider the upgrade if its a big improvement over the stock one.
Old 8th November 2023, 09:44   #1292
BHPian

While riding, I am also getting the feeling that the handlebar is slightly skewed towards the right meaning my left hand has to do a slightly longer reach than my right. I am not able to ascertain it for sure and not able to find anything amiss when the bike is stationary. But while riding, I am not able to shake off the feeling and its nagging me. I will get it checked during the first service for sure but anyone here has any pointers?
Old 19th November 2023, 12:51   #1293
BHPian

Today I took my RS for a CB350 group ride on the expressway and felt happy hearing some good feedback from the riders. I was really impressed how much the engine has evolved in last couple of months, approx 2300KMs on ODO. It sounds better, revs better and refinement is getting better day by day. Somehow, I'm using my bike more and more, liking every short journey on this Honda.

Here is a short that I recorded today while heading back home.
Old 28th December 2023, 09:58   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achats View Post
While riding, I am also getting the feeling that the handlebar is slightly skewed towards the right meaning my left hand has to do a slightly longer reach than my right. I am not able to ascertain it for sure and not able to find anything amiss when the bike is stationary. But while riding, I am not able to shake off the feeling and its nagging me. I will get it checked during the first service for sure but anyone here has any pointers?
As expected, the service folks could find no alignment issues. Don't know if they tried hard enough. But something is definitely off and its ruining my riding experience. Will take it back to the service center this weekend but don't have high hopes. I think something got messed up when they removed the wheel and forks to fit the rubber fork guards during delivery. Has anyone experienced such a problem before? Any known issues that I should be aware of? Know any good FNG in the nerul/vashi/khargar navi mumbai area if the dealership guys cant figure it out?
Old 20th February 2024, 16:10   #1295
BHPian

Has anyone experienced the touring seats on the Hness? Is it softer and more comfy? worth the 5k asking price?
Old 25th February 2024, 13:46   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone experienced the touring seats on the Hness? Is it softer and more comfy? worth the 5k asking price?
I got my stock hness seat replaced by the touring seat. My stock seat was single piece, the touring one is two piece with a broader rider part much like the bullet rider seat. I feel the touring seat is more supportive and on the firmer side. More firmness helps for longer rider above 1-2 hrs. Overall happy with the replacement. In hindsight I should have bought to top variant of hness in early 2022 that used to come with the split touring seat as stock. Not sure about the variants now.
heinrici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 11:50   #1297
BHPian

Has any CB350 hness/RS owner had a chance to ride the new CB Classic 350? Im hearing that these models have a much better mid range top end performance due to some tweaks in the mapping from the factory itself.any thoughts on this?
Sam.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 13:54   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
I got my stock hness seat replaced by the touring seat. My stock seat was single piece, the touring one is two piece with a broader rider part much like the bullet rider seat. I feel the touring seat is more supportive and on the firmer side. More firmness helps for longer rider above 1-2 hrs. Overall happy with the replacement. In hindsight I should have bought to top variant of hness in early 2022 that used to come with the split touring seat as stock. Not sure about the variants now.
Do you (or anyone else here) happen to know how the new touring seat compares with the old split seat? I have the old split seat on my 2022 H'ness but I find this soft as well and not good enough for long rides.
Old 26th February 2024, 15:08   #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
As a prospective H'ness owner, I am keen to know about the Bike for purely city usage. The usual distances would be 20-25 kms in a day. How is the weight and ease of handling the bike in traffic? For reference, I am currently using a 2011 Karizma ZMR.
Unlikely to face any issues in city. I filter through the traffic as well as I did with my unicorn before and you are the first person out of any traffic signal with that torque. It’s a great city bike. Don’t feel any weight at all.
That said, parking in tight spots, etc are quite cumbersome as to be expected from a 180 kg bike.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th February 2024 at 15:09. Reason: Minor typo correction
Pythonic is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 18:14   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
As expected, the service folks could find no alignment issues. Don't know if they tried hard enough. But something is definitely off and its ruining my riding experience. Will take it back to the service center this weekend but don't have high hopes. I think something got messed up when they removed the wheel and forks to fit the rubber fork guards during delivery. Has anyone experienced such a problem before? Any known issues that I should be aware of? Know any good FNG in the nerul/vashi/khargar navi mumbai area if the dealership guys cant figure it out?
Did the Honda mechanic have a look at the cone set? I too am facing the same issue of the handlebar not being straight enough and slightly pointed towards the right. The handle feels too hard also during left-to-right turns. Tyre pressure is set as per the recommendation as well. Thankfully I am not facing the dreaded wobble issue that many bikes are plagued with.
Old 26th February 2024, 19:43   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Did the Honda mechanic have a look at the cone set? I too am facing the same issue of the handlebar not being straight enough and slightly pointed towards the right. The handle feels too hard also during left-to-right turns. Tyre pressure is set as per the recommendation as well. Thankfully I am not facing the dreaded wobble issue that many bikes are plagued with.
I have taken it to Big Wing three times and each time, they tell me that everything is fine, kind of implying that its all in my mind. But I know something is off and the option that I am thinking of right now is to replace the handlebar, which is currently at the top of my suspect list. I will definitely get the cone set checked out but I am not facing any issues in turning the handlebar. No wobbling issues for me either but then I keep both my hands on the handlebar at all times.
Old 5th March 2024, 16:36   #1302

Has anyone changed the rear tyre for their highness and used anything other than MRF ?
Considering the tyre profile (130/70-18M/C 63H) is a bit different from regular bikes - there doesnt seem to be too many options available other than MRF and i wanted to know if it would make sense to go for a smaller sized tyre (17ich one from CB350RS or other bikes) or a broader 140 or 150 width tyre for better grip, etc

Last edited by KarthikK : 5th March 2024 at 17:06. Reason: Minor typo corrections

Most Viewed