Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2023, 20:57   #1186
BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Now, the base variant i.e. DLX comes with the split seat which was not the case earlier.

One bug I observed in their website. The user cannot see different colors of the variants DLX, DLX Pro, DLX Pro Chrome as nothing happens on clicking the different color option buttons. Not a good experience!
Yeah they basically killed off the anniversary edition, and rejigged the lineups colours and features totally. CB350 now comes in blue too.

Moreover CB350RS now comes with new Grey Metallic color.

Name:  Hondabigwing Honda India Honda.png
Views: 1923
Size:  222.0 KB

Yeah I also noticed that bug. They need to fix it asap.
Black_Star is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 20:58   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Does the bike continue running in lower gears with no clutch and no acceleration? TVS calls it Glide Through Traffic, and many other bikes are capable too. You can put the bike in 1st gear, slowly release clutch, and the bike will ride at single digit speed without any accelerator input, in 2nd gear, at some 10-12kmph and so on.

I remember that in my test ride, CB350 spluttered and jerked in lower gears without clutch and accelerator, as if the engine would die if I would not twist the accelerator.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 13:41   #1188
BHPian

Anyone hear about non-BigWing Honda dealers also allowed to sell CB350 and CB350RS? A colleague of mine got an on-road price list for these two bikes from Silicon Honda in Bangalore.
Old 12th March 2023, 13:48   #1189
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Anyone hear about non-BigWing Honda dealers also allowed to sell CB350 and CB350RS? A colleague of mine got an on-road price list for these two bikes from Silicon Honda in Bangalore.
That will never ever happen. Bigwing dealerships will be destroyed. As it is, they have nothing much to do. Here in Tier 2 cities, they make do with one mechanic as they get 2 bikes per week for service or maintenance. Sad state they are in.
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:20   #1190

Hi all,

Owner of a matt green Hness CB 350 which is more than a year old and am pretty happy with the bike so far.

Just moved to Delhi and when I went to get my PUC updated at a centre in a local petrol station at Dwarka, was told that it could only be done at the service centre since it is a BS6 vehicle and they would not be able to do it.

Any pointers on the above issue?

Also request if someone can point me towards the nearest good service centre for the Hness in Delhi. (staying at Dwarka).

Thanks in advance.
airavat@22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 17:18   #1191

Quote:

I was able to make a booking for mine via a non-BigWing showroom, purely because they have a BigWing showroom opening next month, so everything took place at a non-BW showroom but it's still registered under BW.

I like the design changes for sure, getting the matte fenders instead of the chrome on the base DLX is a good change!

I am not sure which I'm going to get now though, I booked the Black DLX, wonder if they'll give me the new one or get the previous model
Old 14th March 2023, 17:53   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airavat@22 View Post

Just moved to Delhi and when I went to get my PUC updated at a centre in a local petrol station at Dwarka, was told that it could only be done at the service centre since it is a BS6 vehicle and they would not be able to do it.

Any pointers on the above issue?

Also request if someone can point me towards the nearest good service centre for the Hness in Delhi. (staying at Dwarka).
I faced same situation on PUC last year but managed to get one from a petrol pump near New Delhi Railway station after some search.

Regarding service centre, I prefer to get it done from Gurgaon although my nearest service centre is in Delhi.

Last edited by NH08 : 14th March 2023 at 17:55.
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:32   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
I have taken test ride from Honda dealer of H'ness. They do keep these bikes and I think also accept orders. This was in R R Nagar.

Last edited by PreludeSH : 14th March 2023 at 18:38.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 09:29   #1194
BHPian

Just for an update, got the 8K service done of my CB350 yesterday. Both the brake pads were replaced since they had not much bite left on them.

I was a bit surprised this happening at only 8K, but then I guess there were cases where this premature wear happens much earlier too.

I guess the quality of brake pads to blame. I had opted for the AMC package for 2 years last time, in which there would be no service charges for 4 services, so overall bill came to around Rs 3300 including service and change of both front and rear brake pads.

I am quite happy otherwise with the bike, it is quite effortless to ride in city as well as on highways. A bit more top end speed would have been great though
Old 16th March 2023, 12:13   #1195
BHPian

I've done 15K on my Highness and have already replaced them once, I need to check if they need replacing again shortly. It's so inexpensive that it is not really an issue.

I think as a bike, this is all the bike that I need 95% of the time. However, the time has come for me to look beyond this as I complete 2.5 years with this bike. The main trigger is my age and potential riding time, I am in my 50s and may have another 10 years of riding left (I hope more). So, I thought do I want to only ride the Highness or experience something better? Will I have regrets later that I didn't go for a better biking experience when I could have?

So, I am on the lookout for something that gives me more. The candidates that I have short listed
- CB500X, this is my dream bike, hope Honda brings it soon (alternative is CB500F)
- RE 650s (Interceptor with alloys, Shotgun/Super Meteor) - depending on when they launch/availability
- Kawasaki Z650RS - It is an outside bet, but I like the retro styling, but have concerns about the ground clearance
- Triumph T120 - If nothing else works out, I am thinking this would the perfect upgrade to the Highness. However, the cost and the reputation of Triumph is a big deterrent

In all probability, I will just plonk whatever Honda asks for the CB500X. Will it be overpriced? Yes definitely, but I think this is a bike I can keep for the next 5 years and a lakh or two extra makes almost no difference in that time span.
jaganm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 17:34   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
CB500X, this is my dream bike, hope Honda brings it soon
Isn't CB500X already in the market at Bigwing stores?
Old 16th March 2023, 17:49   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Isn't CB500X already in the market at Bigwing stores?
No, they sold out after the price drop and since then everyone has been waiting for them to relaunch the new model
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 23:42   #1198

Hi Fellow Automotive Enthusiasts

Being sitting on sidelines for many years reading the amazing content here, happy to finally join the wonderful community.

I have been anonymously browsing the forums and articles for over a decade every once in a while.

I was a TVS Scooty and Honda Activa rider in the school days early 2000’s and then got my HH Achiever 150 in college – Rode that with love for 4 years and then met with an accident when I had started working in Delhi after my masters in 2011 and quit the world of motoring for good.

Now with Cabs and Autos getting ridiculously pricey was thinking of buying a two wheeler for over the past year but could never make a decision.

Started contemplating getting an Activa then moved onto burgman street until I saw CB350 H’ness on the colony gate one day and immediately fell in love. Didn’t feel this exciting feeling in years and immediately started researching and watching reviews etc.

Took test ride of the CB300F and then CB350 and immediately knew CB350 was the one for me.
Still for the sake of making an informed decision went and took the test ride of RE Meteor 350 - Classic 350 and Scram 411 and Jawa.

Surprisingly Scram felt really punchy and fun to me and the new J-series Classic felt refined and easy to maneuver with a good long gear ratio made me think of getting one as it was a good feeling riding in the traffic.

But then not being a RE fan as such and over the years seeing RE classic 350 so much on the street I am not sure if looking at the bike everyday will make me happy and after hearing a multiple horror stories of RE being a well that needs offerings every year decided to stick to my gut feel of going for a Honda.

Also every long term review I see on YT or here have only praised the engine refinement and stress/maintenance free life so decided to close my eyes and say a Honda is a Honda

Special shoutout and thanks to darklightning’s Piccolo (Start of something new | Introducing Piccolo - My Honda CB350 Anniversary Edition Ownership Review) - Sebrings Smurfy (Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review)VN11’S and sreejithsin’s reviews here – they have only made my decision stronger.

All this was happening in Jan-Feb but due to no availability in my fav color scheme of metallic black and gray across all outlets in Delhi NCR – decided to wait for the new ’23 version to drop in March – April.

Sadly Honda’s Marketing and Distribution is extremely disappointing – after waiting for almost 30 days and piecemeal info coming in I have just done the booking 10 days ago with the hopes of the getting the bike by 1st week of April hopefully. (I have my doubts)

My preferred color scheme is no longer available and the new colors on offer are not much of my liking and I’m contemplating getting the CB350RS in red but even that is no longer showcased in the bike page on honda’s buggy bigwing website. The Dealer has assured that it is going to be available but I have my doubts as well.

Need the community to guide me on making a choice between the
#1 H’ness CB350 DLX PRO / Chrome and CB350RS and a specific color variant that will have decent road presence and in general your fav color scheme -

#2 Having gone through multiple road accidents in the past safety is a big concern for me and would need suggestions on a starter biker jacket and helmet recommendations for driving in the city of Delhi every day from home to work and occasional weekend morning rides around.

Will upgrade to long rides after 6-8 months of regular driving.
Considering the weather and that I tend to perspire more than average please advise the best options.
I have also gone through the respective threads and related targeted ads I get on Instagram :P

I think Rynox jackets and SMK Titan helmets seem to be a good place to begin
Will also visit Always riding store in Delhi as that’s near my home and see but considering the amount being spent on the bike and then the new comfort/SUV accessories set would request your recommendations keeping the budget constraints in mind.

Looking forward to connecting with you all and someday meeting in the morning rides.

TLDR – Booked the highness after waiting for 40 days for the new model – preferred color choice black silver metallic isn’t available anymore – need help in selecting one as delivery hasn’t started anyways
Can switch to CB350RS also as I love that in red but even that might not arrive soon so don’t know – pls advise
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-hondaselectmodelpearlnightstarblackwithspearsilvermetallic1657257939665.jpg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230317-15.04.26.jpeg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230317-15.04.27.jpeg  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230317-17.11.09.jpeg  

FieryRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 08:16   #1199
BHPian

@FieryRed, what's your budget like? Because that is a factor. Solace,Rynox,Viaterra.Consider getting jacket , gloves and riding pants. External Knee guards are not very useful in a crash.
Boots i would suggested ryo Onex as it's the only affordable proper CE rated model available in budget(sort of).4k more you get the longer version.

Last edited by Senotrius : 25th March 2023 at 08:17.
Senotrius is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 16:19   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryRed View Post
H’ness CB350 DLX PRO / Chrome and CB350RS and a specific color variant that will have decent road presence and in general your fav color scheme.
Colour of your bike should be a personal preference, choose something which will make you turn around to look at her after parking

It’s more important to note that the riding position/rider triangle is different between the CB and RS. The CB is the general straight back while the RS is slightly sporty with a lean to the bars and I think the foot pegs are also slightly rear set.

I would suggest you ride both models back to back to understand the difference and make your choice accordingly. Then you may choose your colour from whatever is available in your chosen variant.

All the best, do update us on your choice.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks