Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2023, 20:07   #1201

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
@FieryRed, what's your budget like? Because that is a factor. Solace,Rynox,Viaterra.Consider getting jacket , gloves and riding pants. External Knee guards are not very useful in a crash.
Boots i would suggested ryo Onex as it's the only affordable proper CE rated model available in budget(sort of).4k more you get the longer version.
Thank you so much will check these brands out - will start with a jacket and gloves - any recommendation on a helmet priced around 3-5k for me and the misses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Colour of your bike should be a personal preference, choose something which will make you turn around to look at her after parking
Cheers
Agreed completely - since i was too much obsessed with the metallic black and silver color scheme which is no longer available I'm a bit lost - the plain black one looks too basic and I feel will have no road presence as such and i don't want to get into a silver sticker or paint job from the after market for various reasons.

Matt green and the maroon red in DLX PRO with red one is what i am leaning towards now fresh pics attached from today's visit

Quote:

It’s more important to note that the riding position/rider triangle is different between the CB and RS. The CB is the general straight back while the RS is slightly sporty with a lean to the bars and I think the foot pegs are also slightly rear set.

I would suggest you ride both models back to back to understand the difference and make your choice accordingly. Then you may choose your colour from whatever is available in your chosen variant.

All the best, do update us on your choice.

Cheers
Just came back from the showroom doing just this - Rode H'ness - then RS - then H'ness again - Felt RS had better tyre grips and ride feel but the leaning handle position and the break lever is not something I am a fan of - don't know if i can use this handle position for long rides. Even the new split seat on highness i feel is better - but in looks and road presence i would rate the RS above highness.
Although i did test 2 year old models for both and they both felt they have been run down badly and didn't have the smooth feeling i had in my first test ride from a different outlet. Attaching my pics for everyone's reference. I like how red one looks in the custom comfort kit and the showroom will get more clarity on the kits only in April but if they give individual items i might just go the fork boots + windshield + knuckle guards + back rest from this comfort kit and engine guard from the cafe racer one. Can you suggest if the company fitted crash guards should be taken or aftermarket ones - i feel the company ones are too small.

I might have to go to after market for Rear Tyre flap to avoid the pillion getting splashes and extra lights but that's a problem for later.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-picture1.png  

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-comfort_custom.png  

Last edited by FieryRed : 25th March 2023 at 20:23. Reason: missed adding query on crash guard accessory
FieryRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 21:46   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryRed View Post
Let me know what you think.
I feel you look proper/proportionate/comfortable on the red CB350 NOT the RS. I would suggest this one for you. The hand guards look too bulky (ridiculous) for this bike, I wouldn’t get them. Windscreen also wait, ride the bike a bit and then decide. Pillion back rest looks fine to get from the beginning with the company crash bars. They have done their work in designing them so it should be fine.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 09:22   #1203
BHPian

@FieryRed, LS2 Helmets anyday. You may go to the sharp uk site to find out the ratings for their helmets. I use the 4 star rated ff320 stream evo.But it's 6.5k now.Imho avoid axor. They're Vega quality itself. CE certified but poor durability. I have had the double D ring fail on me even.dual visor mechanism failure. Indian brand- Smk(by studds) is good but forward/front heavy. Smk also sells outside with sharp rated models under different name.
Senotrius is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 21:50   #1204
BHPian

Yeah the RS definitely has more road presence than the H’ness but the seating position is not as comfortable. Honda doesn’t have many good colour options for the H’ness and some odd choices like grey not available in DLX Pro but only in the lower spec DLX or in the DLX Pro Chrome. Black looks pretty plain. I liked the Grey in the RS with the tank sticker, a very elegant colour scheme which goes well with the black seats but not so much with the brown ones on the H’ness.

Ideal would be the RS mat massive grey metallic with the black tank sticker on the H’ness with black split seats in DLX Pro rather than brown, RS rear tyres. Unfortunately not available.
Kartik Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 14:18   #1205
BHPian

I would say just WOW !! Visited the showroom today for a test ride and the experience was great. Did a test ride too (initially I was a bit apprehensive as I come from std 350 ci - 4S, and all controls are just reversed).

Now take my report with a grain of salt as I am coming from the old bullet fraternity but I was blown away with the light clutch. Following is my observation (most will be obsolete as I can only compare with my cast iron):

1. Clutch smoothness: Clutch is extremely light compared to my motorcycle (which has unintentionally developed me a strong grip), its a single finger operation - my left hand middle finger has calluses from the hard clutch with my bike.

2. Smooth shifts: Another aspect that was amazing was the smooth shifting gearbox

3. Good brakes: front brake has awesome stopping power (compared to my drums). Also rear brakes did decent job (I had to remember using the rear brake as everything was opposite to my bike which has brakes on the left)

4. Decent pickup: even though I was sitting on the bike for the first time the pull was nice and smooth, compared to mine which gives a harsh shove till the speeds reach 60 kph and then looses out of steam.

5. Seating and ride: seating position is as comfortable as my bullet and suspensions are much well tuned. Seat height is great for me and the vehicle feels extremely light compared to mine (I didn't enquire about the dry weight but it felt so).

As I said, since I am coming from bullet cast iron my comparo might not be valid for majority here. But since this is such a refined vehicle compared to mine I thought of penning down my observations.

I actually went for the test drive to get used to the left side shift before I test ride my serious contenders that are inty 650, ktm 390 adv and the himalayan (not sure). But even though I went in casually, I was impressed by the bike enough to write this report.

And as so it happens while coming out of the showroom, my bike had already marked it's territory and also after starting managed to turn itself off too. But this is nothing new for me

Last edited by masterChief007 : 1st April 2023 at 14:25. Reason: spelling mistake
masterChief007 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 01:04   #1206

Quote:
I feel you look proper/proportionate/comfortable on the red CB350 NOT the RS. I would suggest this one for you. The hand guards look too bulky (ridiculous) for this bike, I wouldn’t get them. Windscreen also wait, ride the bike a bit and then decide. Pillion back rest looks fine to get from the beginning with the company crash bars. They have done their work in designing them so it should be fine.

Cheers
Thank you brother Cyborg for the advice. I went ahead and bought the Red DLX pro model over the past long weekend keeping your advice on the accesories. The back rest, large wind screen and knuckle guards are not yet available.

For all those thinking of buying individual parts from the kit - it is possible as i bought the engine bash plate from the cafe racecer kit and will get the back rest and windscreen from the comfort kit once it becomes available.

The smaller solo rider kit windscreen is also available but i will wait for the comfort/tourer kits one to come in and then make a decision so all this is left for the first service time.

Even though i was tempted to go buy the scram due to delays in new model i'm glad i got h'ness cb 350 as it just glides on the road and with no vibrations and the past couple of days have been makkhan.(Might just name the bike this )

Will write a separate review after some time of riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
@FieryRed, LS2 Helmets anyday. You may go to the sharp uk site to find out the ratings for their helmets. I use the 4 star rated ff320 stream evo.But it's 6.5k now.Imho avoid axor. They're Vega quality itself. CE certified but poor durability. I have had the double D ring fail on me even.dual visor mechanism failure. Indian brand- Smk(by studds) is good but forward/front heavy. Smk also sells outside with sharp rated models under different name.
Thank you @Senotrius for the suggestions I saw the FF320 but it was just too expensive for me right now and i got SMK typhoon for myself and LS2 FF352 for the Mrs. (Got both for 7.5k from chopras in new delhi)

Now that the big descision is made I need assistance in the following (Requests never end )

#1 Dealer didn't give a separate bill for the accessories is this regular behavior ? They also didnt give any bike manual or service booklet - i was assured that this they will share when i go for the number plate fitting. Will inquire on these both when I go later this week or whenever they call me.

#2 Need suggestions on Helmet holders and Mobile Phone Holders - if there is any specific brand or type (for helmet holders i see there are traditional cycle locks types and then there is this w-shaped ones for 2 helmets

#3 Bike Maintenace - Application period - how often should I apply - any particular wax polish + chain lube you can suggest for me to use to maintain the glossy shine and makkhan ride - Found this 3M options here - Assuming they are fit for the bike ?

#4 Smart locks + Tracker - With new bike comes new fears so pls suggest if i should use disk brake locks which looks risky or the traditional metal rods or use the helmet ones for the wheel or explore GPS ones like this

Please guide me if there are thread existing for these topics or if i should post these query somewhere else.

Also if there is any CB350 riders in Delhi NCR whatsapp group - would like to join and connect with the community.

Cheers
FieryRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 16:12   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went ahead and bought the Red DLX pro model over the past long weekend keeping your advice on the accessories.

#1 Dealer didn't give a separate bill for the accessories is this regular behavior ? They also didnt give any bike manual or service booklet - i was assured that this they will share when i go for the number plate fitting. Will inquire on these both when I go later this week or whenever they call me.

#2 Need suggestions on Helmet holders and Mobile Phone Holders.

#3 Bike Maintenace - Application period - how often should I apply - any particular wax polish + chain lube you can suggest for me to use to maintain the glossy shine and makkhan ride.

#4 Smart locks + Tracker - With new bike comes new fears so pls suggest if i should use.
Congratulations and all the best FieryRed ! Your bike colour matches your handle.

1) You’ll get the bill, no worries there, patience

2) I don’t use any mobile holder but have good things about a Bobo holder from Amazon, you could check it out.

3) Don’t use any polishes so no idea. I have done a graphene ceramic coating, you could explore this option if you like. Chain lube and wax - you could try the Wurth Chain Cleaner and Spray from Amazon. Many options there too.

4) Just use the handle lock and let it be. Don’t stress too much enjoy the ride.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 12:56   #1208
BHPian

Are there other owners like me, who feel that the highness just fits them like a glove and nothing else comes close even though the other bike may be technically much better?

I recently came back from a 1500 km trip to Goa from Bangalore on the VStrom 650. The bike was great performed excellently on the highway and was decent on the smaller roads between Hubli to Goa. It was precisely for these kind of journeys, maybe 3-4 of these a year that I bought the VStrom because the highness would be a bit too slow.

And yet, through the ride I couldn't shake the feeling that I would've been happier on the Highness than on the VStrom

- Yes, I was able to comfortably cruise at speeds of 110-120 throughout
- Yes, after 600 km, I was quite fresh and could've done another 300-400 km easily

but

- I don't really feel comfortable above 120, so even though the bike is a lot more capable, I was restricting myself to these speeds. On the highness, I would've been at 90-100 which means a few minutes more between each toll. We had a guy with us on a Dominar and he was doing the 90-100 speeds so we were waiting there anyway
- Somehow, I felt the wind was a lot more intrusive on the VStrom. The Highness offers 0 wind protection of course so its always there. The VStrom's shield is not very effective and channels the air flow in a way that disturbs you a lot more
- We were going around seeing the sights in Goa and parking around crowded/desolate places, so I wasn't comfortable leaving the VStrom in these places and ended up taking an uncomfortable Activa on rent whereas I would've just taken the Highness everywhere
- Riding more than anything is a case of how you feel. At many times, I was extremely aware of the VStrom's bulk and weight whereas the Highness just seems to disappear under me and I am more living the moment. It's difficult to exactly explain in words but maybe others who have experienced this with a bike will understand

None of this is to diss the VStrom, I know exactly the reason I bought this bike and it does the task like few other bikes can. But this trip has once again opened me up to the reasons that I really love my Highness and at least for me, is something else and nothing comes close!
jaganm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 13:11   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Fix the RE meteor windscreen, it's really good for touring. I believe Honda has also added windsceens sizes to its portfolio now. But you have to buy the entire kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Somehow, I felt the wind was a lot more intrusive on the VStrom. The Highness offers 0 wind protection of course so its always there.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 21:11   #1210
BHPian

I had booked a H'ness on 25th of March, delivery date was 21st of April but I changed colours about a 11 days back and now the next delivery date promised is second week of May. So around a month after I changed colours. That means they require a lead time of 1 month at least to deliver a H'ness. Is this kind of delay normal? If normal then no wonder they are selling only around 3 thousand H'ness compared to 5 times that number of RE 350. Many folks must just be cancelling their bookings out of frustration. Ridiculous that they take so long to deliver a simple bike.
Old 3rd May 2023, 14:53   #1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Is this kind of delay normal?
Which color were you looking for ?

In delhi, dealers have a 14 day delivery cycle but i guess you are looking for a chrome variant as that is the one that is taking time after the new OBD 2 editions launch - I also picked a red DLX pro as waitng more for chrome color is futile as honda does not give a clear timeline on that ever.
Old 12th May 2023, 12:21   #1212
BHPian

Hello, my CB350 is due for service and I am pondering over which service centre to visit. I stay in Bellandur area near ORR. Last time I got it serviced from Silicon Honda near old Madras road. The experience was ok but it was little too far for me. Any suggestions on other competent BigWing service centres?
Old 12th May 2023, 19:34   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Which color were you looking for ?

In delhi, dealers have a 14 day delivery cycle but i guess you are looking for a chrome variant as that is the one that is taking time after the new OBD 2 editions launch - I also picked a red DLX pro as waitng more for chrome color is futile as honda does not give a clear timeline on that ever.
Green, DLX Pro. Now promised delivery date is end of next week. Bike has arrived at the dealer. RTO registration takes time I guess and even after that I will get temp license plate which is basically a printed paper number. The real license plate needs an additional week to come from RTO.
Old 12th May 2023, 19:51   #1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Green, DLX Pro. Now promised delivery date is end of next week. Bike has arrived at the dealer. RTO registration takes time I guess and even after that I will get temp license plate which is basically a printed paper number. The real license plate needs an additional week to come from RTO.
Thats a bit weird - i took delivery of the bike same day i paid the amount in delhi a month back and got number in 4 working days. - I'm not sure but i was told you can ride for a month on the temp number plate in the city so - enjoy the new ride.
FieryRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 08:55   #1215
BHPian

Finally got my bike delivered mid of this week. Printed paper number based on registration number I got in an SMS from the RTO.

Initial impressions are

1. Weight does take getting a little used to in tight parking places where you have to reverse the bike to get it out and in heavy traffic. Guess all I was used to before were commuter bikes in the 100 to 150 kg category. Once the bike starts moving weight disappears so all good.

2. No kick start. Perhaps higher CC bikes cannot be kick started? I must have missed many discussions on this here.

3. Headlights staying on all the time is a little extreme. Perhaps good from the safety point of view. BS6 stage 2 for you.

4. Hitting neutral too many times, perhaps I need to be less tentative changing gears?

5. Looks like a good uncle bike for me
Kartik Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks