Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 12:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Classic Legends starts exporting Jawa bikes to Europe

Classic Legends has started exporting the Jawa Standard bike manufactured in India to European markets, where it is sold as the Jawa 300 CL.

Classic Legends starts exporting Jawa bikes to Europe-jawa.jpg

The export version of the Jawa is a bit different from the one sold in India. The Jawa 300 CL is powered by a Euro IV compliant 294.7cc, single-cylinder engine that produces 22.5 BHP and 25 Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The bike gets a disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the rear with single-channel ABS. The European version is claimed to have a top speed of 125 km/h.

In India, Classic Legends offers two more variations of the Jawa. The Jawa Forty Two gets matte black elements instead of chrome and has handlebar-end mounted rear view mirrors. The second model is the single-seater Jawa Perak, which features a classic bobber look. It is powered by a larger 334cc engine that makes 30 BHP and 33 Nm.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 13:14   #2
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Classic Legends starts exporting Jawa bikes to Europe

I guess this should sell rather well in Czechia, Slovakia and possibly other central and eastern European countries, where the original Jawa brand is already present (Classic Legends licensed the brand from them).

The funny thing is, despite all the hype at launch, Jawas are a very rare sight on the roads. I can count the ones I've spotted so far on the fingers of one hand. I've spotted many more Royal Enfield 650 twins than the Jawa 300 singles so far. It looks like Mahindra's dream of relaunching the Jawa brand to snatch sales from its old rival has turned into a nightmare.

Last edited by RSR : 18th September 2020 at 13:19.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed