Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 19:47   #1
Team-BHP Support

Peugeot's first 300cc bike under Mahindra ownership

In 2019, Mahindra Two Wheelers acquired Peugeot Motorcycles. The company had announced that it would launch 7 new models. Now, according to a media report, Peugeot has started working on its first motorcycle since being taken over by the Indian company.

Peugeot's first 300cc bike under Mahindra ownership-peu0.jpg

Peugeot's first 300cc bike under Mahindra ownership-peu00.jpg

The new bike is likely to be based on the P2X concept bike that was displayed at the 2018 Paris Auto Show. Two variants of the concept were showcased – one with a roadster design and a 125cc engine and one with a café racer design and a 300cc engine. Both engines were water cooled with DOHC.

Peugeot's first 300cc bike under Mahindra ownership-peu1.jpg

Peugeot's first 300cc bike under Mahindra ownership-pue11.jpg

The production version of the P2X is likely to get the same engine that powers the Mahindra Mojo. This 294.72cc, single-cylinder unit produces 25.35 BHP @ 7,300 rpm and 25.96 Nm @ 6,000 rpm. It is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.

Source 1

Source 2
Aditya is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 20:34   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Peugeot's first 300cc bike under Mahindra ownership

Goddamn. What that Mojo should have been from day 1. Mahindra should never do design. Ever. Even bored orangutans in captivity can design better than what the mojo designers came up with.

These are awesome. I hope these go into production, and Mahindra launches the Peugeot brand in India alongside the Jawa dealerships.

Both these bikes are still not for me, look quite poseur millennium stuff, but they do look good.

Last edited by Red Liner : 24th September 2020 at 20:35.
Red Liner is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 20:44   #3
BHPian

I seriously have my reservations of this design's success with Indian consumer's tastes. Mahindra should strengthen Jawa more, than jumping into another boat.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 21:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks smashing I must say. In this day and age of retro modern bikes, this really does bring in some cool french styling into the mix. I'd definitely have one of these just for the way it looks
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 21:21   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If these are the designs that will ultimately make it to the production version, then Mahindra will surely have something to show in the Indian Market after the fiasco named Mojo.

These bikes are gorgeous to say the least, we did have the mundane Shaolin and Samurai back in the days but these are fantastic. I really hope these do end up in the showrooms and prep the Mahindra brand in the two wheeler segment.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 08:11   #6
BHPian

Another set of deserving but failure (relatively) bikes from Mahindra's stable, sigh.

I am totally amazed at seeing this obsession of Mahindra to re-launch brand after brand, even though they are failing at generating respectable sales from even 1 brand!

Dear Mahindra, more than the brand, the product and marketing matters. Do you make good bikes? Yes, but their sales are killed by YOUR sales team itself.

Of course a customer will never buy a product if he does not get a test ride + has to pay more than the on-road price + the delivery date is light years away + doesn't get delivery at all (in some cases).
A.M. is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 23:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has lost the ghost when it comes to motorcycles. Either it's too bland or just overdone or they just lose the plot. I am not sure how well, this partnership is going to unfold, but for sure I do get those negative vibes on this one.

Cheers!
VJ

Most Viewed