Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 13:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth

The Suzuki Access 125 and Burgman Street now come with a Bluetooth-enabled digital instrument cluster. The Access 125 is priced from Rs. 77,700 while the Burgman Street costs Rs. 84,600 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth-suzukiaccess125rightside29fe.jpg

Both scooters come with Suzuki Ride Connect smartphone connectivity platform. This enables riders to sync their mobile phones with the scooter's console using the Suzuki Ride Connect app for Android. It comes with features such as turn-by-turn navigation, call and SMS alert, WhatsApp alert, missed call alert, caller id, and phone battery level. It also displays over speed warning, estimated time of arrival, trip report and the last parked location of the scooter.

Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth-suzukiburgmanstreet125rightside1c2e.jpg

The Access 125 comes with an optional front disc brake as well, while LED position lamps are offered as standard. The disc brake variant costs Rs. 78,600.

The Suzuki Access 125 and Burgman Street are powered by a 124cc, single-cylinder engine that produces 8.6 BHP @ 6,750 rpm and 10 Nm @ 5,500 rpm.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 7th October 2020 at 13:10.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 13:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Ride Connect launched

Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched its new Ride Connect feature on the Access 125 and Burgman Street.

Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth-smartselect_20201007130312_chrome.jpg

The scooters now have a Bluetooth-enabled digital console that works with the (Android only) Suzuki Ride Connect App.

Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth-smartselect_20201007130323_chrome.jpg

Once they are connected, the rider can avail of features such as turn-by-turn navigation, ETA updates, SMS and WhatsApp message alert, incoming and missed call alert, phone battery charge indicator, over-speed warning, last parked location and real-time sharing of trip information

Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth-smartselect_20201007130336_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Access 125 can now be had with colours such as Metallic Royal Bronze, Matte Blue, Metallic Matte Black No.2 and Pearl Mirage White. Also, the scooter gets new LED position lights.

Burgman Street on the other hand can be had with Matte Blue, Metallic Matte Bordeaux Red, Metallic Matte Fibroin Gray, Metallic Matte Black No.2 and Pearl Mirage White.

Prices have also been announced for the scooters. Suzuki Access 125 Drum Alloy costs Rs. 77,700/-, while Access 125 Disc Alloy costs Rs. 78,600/- and the Burgman Street is priced at Rs. 84,600/- (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth-smartselect_20201007130345_chrome.jpg

Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth-smartselect_20201007130356_chrome.jpg

https://www.motorbeam.com/suzuki-rid...urgman-street/
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 14:58   #3
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Access 125, Burgman Street get digital console + Bluetooth

Does anyone know if this could be retrofitted in older scooters (non BS6)?

I guess the instrument cluster itself would be self-sufficient in all ways, i.e. it might have the bluetooth module and electronics built in. Hence, maybe it could be a direct fit.
jalsa777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 17:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Does anyone know if this could be retrofitted in older scooters (non BS6)?

I guess the instrument cluster itself would be self-sufficient in all ways, i.e. it might have the bluetooth module and electronics built in. Hence, maybe it could be a direct fit.
And if it can replace the console on the Intruder 150? I'd be interested in getting it if they can make it happen. Has there been a history with any model or manufacturer where old bikes or scooters have been upgraded with such parts by the manufacturer themselves? (Excluding lights, of course!)
Old 8th October 2020, 09:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was surprised to see the price of scooters crossing 1L mark. Welcome move by Suzuki but can someone tell me how much premium is being charged in the name of this upgrade ?
It appeared like 5-6K hike to me being disguised in the name of TFT display
Old 30th October 2020, 18:25   #6
BHPian

Here is a detailed look into the functionality offered by the Bluetooth enabled console. This should be a no brainer considering the difference in the special edition with and without this console is 3800 rupees.
The functionality offered is quite decent and should be able to curb the menace of speaking on phone while riding for sane folks looking for a solution.

I am sure for majority of the folks this would be a unnecessary expense and hence wouldn't opt for it.

Special Edition Disc Brake (New Delhi) : 74,800
Special Edition Disc Brake with Digital Bluetooth Console : 78,600

Man, the scooters have become expensive!!

PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 18:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I was surprised to see the price of scooters crossing 1L mark. Welcome move by Suzuki but can someone tell me how much premium is being charged in the name of this upgrade ?
It appeared like 5-6K hike to me being disguised in the name of TFT display
The prices have gone up because of BS6 not bluetooth. The prices are crazy today. Bought an Access 125 disc in 2018 for 72k. Now it's 88k. It's an eye watering reality for the middle class.

Most Viewed