Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2020, 12:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle options for tall riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementw View Post
Hi all. I am above 6 feet and I have a historical back problem and was off bikes for many years. Now the itch to get back on the saddle at least on weekends is tempting me to take a plunge.
I had a similar problem with back issues. Used to ride a 1000rr etc. After broken back went off bikes.
I got back to bikes with a impluse. i see that as a good comfortable option, Good for the back, and easy with tall riders and not heavy on the pocket.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 13:16   #17
BHPian

if you are looking for a true blue commuter, the Pulsar series is not a bad option. I'm a 6 footer and have been riding a Pulsar 180 UG4 for the last 10 years. I did some touring on it till a couple of years back. It's really a good bike with some attention to maintenance.

I trust today's 150 would have similar ergonomics to the previous/current 180, with the split seat and clip on bars. Back then, the 150's ergonomics did not fit best for me and the 180 was more comfortable.

It's not bad looking either

Motorcycle options for tall riders-20181125_0732370.jpg
Old 13th October 2020, 13:25   #18
BHPian

Bullet 350 and Bullet 350 ES (previously called Electra) would be good rides for you. Couple of my tall friends vouch for these bikes' seating for them.
However, I am not sure about difference in features of these two bikes.
Old 13th October 2020, 16:42   #19
BHPian

I'm 6.3, here is my take, dont go by the seat height.you are already tall, a taller perch may be awkward while riding.

The classics will look kinda puny since ur legs will cover most of the tank.

Electra or STd may be ok.

GIXXR 250, I wont touch it, its handle is set so low and non existent windscreen feels like ur ridingbholdingbthe front axle! I found it to be the most uncomfortable bike for a talk person.

Himalayan- is almost perfect, except if you have long legs, your knee is going to fowl with the tank recess and the exoskeleton. In the event of emergency braking or a frontal crash it might dig into your knee. Test ride it, might be a different experience for you.

Thunderbird - probably the best fit for giants, low seat, plus raised tank, relaxed seating makes you feel at home. I have a TB500 btw, and feels snug. I have taken it out for over 200kms though.

My previous bike was CBR, and it was comfy as well, it's no longer on sales but maybe if you are considering used bikes, you can give it a try.

If you budget stretches, Interceptor, Ninja 650, Versys, Vstorm are all good fits.

Bikes like Avenger, Street 750, Intruder have a low seat as well as low set tank, makes you knee stick out above the tank, I find it a visual turn off.
Old 13th October 2020, 17:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Gixxer 250.

My son is 6'4" and was instantly comfortable on it compared to all other bikes he tested.

Cheers, Doc

Junior Doc ... my man mountain.

Motorcycle options for tall riders-img_20190815_125817.jpg

Motorcycle options for tall riders-img_20190905_181254.jpg

Motorcycle options for tall riders-img_20190905_181350.jpg

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 19:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementw View Post
Hi all. I am above 6 feet and I have a historical back problem and was off bikes for many years...
Royal Enfield Bullet ES is BS6 version, it’s Electra only but in a different paint scheme. No chrome. The riding posture is excellent for tall riders. You need to take a Test Drive before conclusion, if more comfortable cruising geometry is needed, then Meteor will be released which is an upgraded version of Thunderbird.
Old 13th October 2020, 19:52   #22
BHPian

Please do test ride the facelifted G310GS from BMW. Current price is right and it is a very good bike for the Indian roads. You would get it cheap in the second hand market without much mileage on the odo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks