Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2020, 15:07   #1
BHPian

Royal Enfield's make-it-yours initiative! Accessories & personalisation

Quote:
Royal Enfield introduced Make-It-Yours initiative for its motorcycles. In the first phase, only the 650 Twins will be offered under this new service. Buyers of these two motorcycles will be able to modify their motorcycle, right at the time of booking via the Royal Enfield App or at their stores.
In first of it's kind,Royal Enfield focuses on pre delivery OEM modifications for the owners who like to set their bikes apart from the sea of Enfields on the road now a days.This also eliminates the customer's needs to go for after-market mods which may or may not be legal.

Quote:
All MiY customers will also benefit with factory tested, trustworthy and genuine accessories all of which come in with a 2 year warranty. The customization is done as per buyer’s demands at the company plant in Chennai.
Link to the Rushlane article:https://www.rushlane.com/royal-enfie...-12379449.html

Last edited by Abhi5868 : 15th October 2020 at 15:13.
Abhi5868 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 10:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield launches app-based bike configurator

Royal Enfield has launched an app-based 3D configurator called Make-It-Yours (MiY) that allows buyers to customize their bikes.

Royal Enfield launches app-based bike configurator-2020royalenfieldmiyconfiguratorappindia10.png

The MiY app currently supports the Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 only. Customers can use the app to personalize their bikes by selecting the colour, trims and graphics. They can also select from a range of accessories for their bikes. Once customers have placed the booking via the MiY app, they will be notified about the delivery timeline of their bike.

Royal Enfield launches app-based bike configurator-miy.png

The 3D configurator is part of the Royal Enfield App. It is available for Android and iOS devices. The 3D configurator is also available on the Royal Enfield website.

The Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 were launched in India back in November 2018. Both bikes share the same 648cc, parallel twin engine that produces 47 BHP @ 7,250 rpm and peak torque of 52 Nm @ 5,250 rpm. It is paired with a 6-speed transmission.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 11:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield launches app-based bike configurator

Cool! The app is definitely better than desktop version. This is the first time I am seeing that there are two white stripes on the tank of blue color option for GT, thanks to proper 360 rotation.
I was curious what the 3rd icon from top, on the right side panel means - it turns on/off headlight and there is barely any difference between two states. It doesn't even operate the tail light. Pretty pointless but overall the app is great and does feel polished just like their website. Kudos!
Old 16th October 2020, 17:58   #4
BHPian

Please tell me they launched the alloy wheels under their accessories with this new configurator.
I've been waiting for them since I got my Interceptor 18 months ago. Having tubeless tyres just gives you so much peace of mind.
Old 16th October 2020, 20:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
Please tell me they launched the alloy wheels under their accessories with this new configurator.
I've been waiting for them since I got my Interceptor 18 months ago. Having tubeless tyres just gives you so much peace of mind.
Nope, not yet, still shows the standard accessories that are available with the dealer.
Old 18th October 2020, 10:20   #6
BHPian

I'm confused about the double-seat cowl. They don't seem to sell it. Is that a Royal Enfield original accessory?
Old 25th November 2020, 13:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Classic 350 now gets new Orange Ember and Metallo Silver colour options. Bookings open from 26th November. Priced at Rs. 1,83,164. The bike will now be available on the Royal Enfield Make It Yours - initiative.

Royal Enfield launches app-based bike configurator-20201125_134343.jpg

Royal Enfield launches app-based bike configurator-20201125_134345.jpg

Royal Enfield launches app-based bike configurator-20201125_134347.jpg

Royal Enfield launches app-based bike configurator-20201125_134349.jpg

https://twitter.com/MotorBeam/status...597704192?s=19
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 16:39   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Phenomenal success of MIY platform

I have not been the biggest fan of Royal Enfield's Make It Yours platform since it basically is just an online version of the customization that you can get on your new RE motorcycle if you spend 15 minutes in a retail outlet. But that was before Covid and social distancing norms and what have you. Today, having an online configuration tool has proven to be a God send for customers as it helps avoid store visits and keeps both customers and RE's staff safe.

But, I was really surprised to see how much of an adoption rate the platform seems to have.

Quote:
Royal Enfield’s Make-it-Yours (MiY) software platform has helped generate between 80% and 90% of demand for all its products, said CEO Vinod Dasari.

“A buyer can use the MiY platform to choose, for example, from among 5,00,000 permutations and combinations, to order the Meteor model. So much so that, you can design your own motorcycle and we would put your name on it and ship it out to you,” he added.

Normally, that promise would have been kept within 48 hours of such a booking, but unanticipated demand for the Meteor — introduced earlier this month — has meant customers go through a waiting period.
With the success of the MIY platform, I wonder how RE will realign their sales processes in the post Covid world. Also, does anyone know if dealer commissions are the same for all deliveries happening through their stores? Or does RE keep a higher percentage of each bike sold through the MIY platform, since there is no dealer sales effort involved?

The new Studio Store concept seems to have helped rural sales. It will be interesting to see how big these are and the interior decor for the same.

Quote:
He pointed out that the company’s Studio Store concept, introduced 18 months ago, had found favour with its rural clientele.

“During the pandemic, demand pull-up from tier 3 towns was faster than from tier 2,” Mr. Dasari said.

“Our Studio Store takes one-tenth the cost and space needed for our usual store format, but comes with the same retail identity as existing dealerships and with the entire portfolio of motorcycles, in addition to service and spares,” he added.The company had originally aimed for 200 such compact-format stores but has seen the count touch 800 now. “Even amid the pandemic, we added 133 in the second quarter ended September.”
Link to above news.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks