Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 11:31   #196
BANNED

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Not entirely accurate. Overdrive actually denotes a ratio where you stop accelerating.

In the Bullet the 4th gear still has a lot of punch, but it's the 3rd that's the real meat of the gearbox. But you still picked up a good 15-20 vital km per hour in the 4th ... it was never a cruising gear.

There is a pretty big gap between 3rd and 4th which Bulleteers become very adept at controlling with their right wrist.

The 5 speed box on the LB was brilliant because it was slick and it evened out that big gap.

But if I'm not mistaken, the final drive ratio on both remained the same.

Cheers, Doc
Something I'd only come to realize after joining TBhp is that the Bullet's do not have overdrive, 5th gear(or 4th in the case of 4 Speed Bullets) is at 1:1 Ratio which is normally the ratio found it 3rd or 4th gear of 5 speed and 4th or 5th gear of 6 speed motorcycles. The same is the case with the Himalayan as well as per GearingCommander.

All said, the number of gears should not be a bother, some gearboxes are generally short ratio(5/6 Speed) and some are long ratio(4 Speed) but final drive is more or less the same with the exception of some unique cases, so wishing for an extra gear is actually pointless but something every YouTuber keeps ranting about when they ride anything less than 6 speed these days.

P.S. My understanding is that overdrive is any gear with a ratio less than 1.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 11:40   #197
Senior - BHPian

Saw this bike on the road last week.

The bike looks awesome and the firing is really good. Something I feel the interceptor should have sounded like.

For people who want a classic retro, and cant think beyond the RE, must try the Honda I think.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 14:02   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Something I'd only come to realize after joining TBhp is that the Bullet's do not have overdrive, 5th gear(or 4th in the case of 4 Speed Bullets) is at 1:1 Ratio which is normally the ratio found it 3rd or 4th gear of 5 speed and 4th or 5th gear of 6 speed motorcycles. The same is the case with the Himalayan as well as per GearingCommander.
The Bullet was originally made by the Brits as a trials bike. A very capable one too. Its only we who have adapted it to become the famous tourer that she has become.

The Bullet is actually (for its weight) a brilliantly balanced bike and does great off-road. Yes its obviously not the stiffest, nor does it stop very well, but once you learn to really ride hard on a Bullet, you tend to ride each bike after her like a Bullet only.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 13:45   #199
BHPian

Hi Sebring,
Just booked CB350, went thro a list of accessories and thought of Split touring seat, crash guard, engine guard for now. Any recommendations.
drrajasaravanan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 16:26   #200
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Add fork gators plz. For now, that's good enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi Sebring, Just booked CB350, went thro a list of accessories and thought of Split touring seat, crash guard, engine guard for now. Any recommendations.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 18:10   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations.
And tank pad.

By the way, I am yet to get these accessories even after more than one month of delivery.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 19:12   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sebring,
Just booked CB350, went thro a list of accessories and thought of Split touring seat, crash guard, engine guard for now. Any recommendations.
Where did you book and did you get a test drive? I got calls from both Kun and JSP Honda last week but they couldn't offer test drives
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 19:38   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Where did you book and did you get a test drive? I got calls from both Kun and JSP Honda last week but they couldn't offer test drives
Hi Sridhar,
Got the test drive from Kun Honda in Adayar. The new gold wing is not yet open which will open in LB road adayar. At present the old Honda outlet in kasturibhai nagar is where kun is running the show. Test drive is available albeit for a short distance. You can prod them to get a test drive for 1 to 2km unofficially. There is always a TD vehicle and the team is very enthusiastic to let you try more than once. Just drop in and do the TD.
drrajasaravanan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 19:41   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
And tank pad.

By the way, I am yet to get these accessories even after more than one month of delivery.
Hi,
Duly noted. All the accessories are available in store and will be fit at the outlet. I reconfirmed its all Honda authorised. Will see how it turns out.
drrajasaravanan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 22:02   #205
Senior - BHPian

I did an 'hour N half' - long ride to Krishnagiri. Though I wont cross 90KMPH, my friend did 140KMPH consistently on his CB350, to reach very early. Wood-fired Ildi/dosa was the ultimate treat for undertaking this arduous ride (Since this is mostly lorry prone areas, and those guys care a hoot about the bikers' safety). This ride required full concentration. But, enjoying my bike to the hilt!
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_3463.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_3467.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_3466.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 26th December 2020 at 22:04.
Sebring is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 14:58   #206
Senior - BHPian

The helmet lock was unusable for me since the SHOEI 'D rings' wouldn't go in at all. It's that narrow. I'm not sure which D rings Honda has tried on for prototype, but there should be more space there. Then, my friend handed me this handy accessory. It's a simple chain with a rubber sleeve on it. This should work
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_3469.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 11:58   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I did an 'hour N half' - long ride to Krishnagiri. Though I wont cross 90KMPH, my friend did 140KMPH consistently on his CB350, to reach very early. Wood-fired Ildi/dosa was the ultimate treat for undertaking this arduous ride (Since this is mostly lorry prone areas, and those guys care a hoot about the bikers' safety). This ride required full concentration. But, enjoying my bike to the hilt!
Can you share the location for this place?
Old 28th December 2020, 12:35   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Honda has cleverly integrated the Saree Guard into the scheme of things. After some head scratching, the guys from VFM diligently separated it from the rear grab. Bike looks best without it
Hi, just wondering if there is a fine levied by the cops if you are caught without a saree guard ????
Regards,
Seacat
Old 28th December 2020, 15:47   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Can you share the location for this place?
https://goo.gl/maps/jBZh679Ew9tnF9Vz5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi, just wondering if there is a fine levied by the cops if you are caught without a saree guard ?
Haven't had any issues so far
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 17:51   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The helmet lock was unusable for me since the SHOEI 'D rings' wouldn't go in at all. It's that narrow. I'm not sure which D rings Honda has tried on for prototype, but there should be more space there. Then, my friend handed me this handy accessory. It's a simple chain with a rubber sleeve on it. This should work
Egads man! Don't leave your helmet on the bike. Open to bangs and knocks and scratches.

How much does the SHOEI cost?

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed