Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 09:52   #421

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Does anyone know if the CB 350's service manual is available?
Can regular customers purchase it?
Old 26th May 2022, 11:22   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrymx5 View Post
Does anyone know if the CB 350's service manual is available?
Can regular customers purchase it?
Refer to post #277 of this very thread to download the User Manual in PDF format.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 11:18   #423
BHPian

Wanted to share my own changing paradigms with my CB350.

Have completed 9000kms on it so far, through 16 months of ownership.

I have grown to love the bike more with each passing day. Initially I thought it was characterless and lacked that "oomph", but with time, its easy riding nature, coupled with practicality have grown on me. Lately I have been using for my daily commute to work (around 70km total), pleasure evening rides with my wife, trips to the grocery store, gym. The bike has trickled into various spheres of my life, simply because the bike is never the issue for me. I can take it anywhere, park it anywhere.

Now, I'm thinking I should do some preventive work on it. I am interested in coating to make the company paint job last longer. Any recommendations? PPF? Ceramic? I have no clue what I should get done here.
nutcracker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 22:24   #424
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear your story I recommend PPF as it acts as a barrier (3M used to have 'pre-cut PPF' for CB 350, check with a dealer). Ceramic is just for shine, I have observed and offers no real benefits over long term
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
I am interested in coating to make the company paint job last longer. Any recommendations? PPF? Ceramic? I have no clue what I should get done here.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 11:15   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
Refer to post #277 of this very thread to download the User Manual in PDF format.
Thanks, I was asking about the Service manual that technicians use for servicing and maintenance and was wondering if it was available for normal customers.
Since it is such a simple bike I would like to learn more about the technical and mechanical aspects.
Also would help in case of an emergency situation.
parrymx5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 12:33   #426

Quote:
Good to hear your story I recommend PPF as it acts as a barrier (3M used to have 'pre-cut PPF' for CB 350, check with a dealer). Ceramic is just for shine, I have observed and offers no real benefits over long term
PPF is an excellent solution if all that you are looking for is protection against scratches. It acts as a barrier providing unmatched protection but there are certain cons:-
1. Distracts from the look of the vehicle. There is always some texture on PPF and this reduces the overall gloss levels
2. Provides protection only to a very limited area, ie, the paint
3. The scratch resistant self healing layer wears off leaving the film extremely prone to swirls and micro scratches, just like the screen guard on your phone
4. Is more prone to attracting dust
5. The curved panels like a fuel tank cannot be covered using a single piece of PPF. Thus, installation is in 3 or 4 parts and the edges of adjoining panels attract dirt and become visible

I always prefer Ceramic Coating as I feel that with my level of care, I get the best of both worlds, excellent looks and a good level of protection. Choice of protection will always depend on your requirement and your usage. But there are certain reasons that make ceramic coating my protection of choice:-
1. Ceramic coatings are self cleaning and anti fowling. This makes the vehicle extremely easy to clean
2. Different coatings can be used to protect all parts of the vehicle. Thus, you get complete all round protection
3. Though the coating is not scratch proof, it still gives a good amount of scratch resistance. The finish stays good for many years. My 7 year old bike still looks new and I still get new bike compliments
4. The looks of a ceramic coating are an added bonus and are absolutely unmatched

The only thing is that you should do your due diligence while selecting a good and genuine detailer, who uses genuine products, and explains all the pros and cons keeping your requirements in mind, else your experience will be soured.
Skippyjack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 22:07   #427

Hello guys,
I have a query regarding the engine oil used in CB 350.
What is the name of the oil used by the service centers and is the oil fully synthetic, semi-synthetic, or mineral based?
Also, how much of a difference is there between using a synthetic and a semi-synthetic oil?
If there is a relevant thread on this issue I would be grateful if someone can link it.
Old 2nd June 2022, 23:47   #428
Senior - BHPian

These are the oils.
https://www.honda2wheelersindia.com/...ine-engine-oil
Quote:
What is the name of the oil used by the service centers and is the oil fully synthetic, semi-synthetic, or mineral based?
If there is a relevant thread on this issue I would be grateful if someone can link it.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:33   #429

Yep, it is the Honda Throttle 10W30 oil.
Quote:
Hello guys,
I have a query regarding the engine oil used in CB 350.
Also, how much of a difference is there between using a synthetic and a semi-synthetic oil?
epicshadow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 18:25   #430
BHPian

Top notch review. There's practically everything about the 350 anyone needs to know here. Your pictures of this great looking bike are equally stunning.

Chanced upon this thread as I revisit the prospect of owing a two wheeler after 15 years. Have always had a liking for the iconic Royal Enfield Classic, but was smitten by the newcomers from Honda and Jawa. I'm particularly inclining towards the Honda twins - 350RS or H'ness - since they seem to be great all-rounders, and because my usage will be within a gated community for short jaunts.

Looking forward to taking a test ride shortly. While I'm deliberating if I need a new machine for that occasional use, something tells me it's not about the math
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 18:50   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I'm particularly inclining towards the Honda twins - 350RS or H'ness - since they seem to be great all-rounders, and because my usage will be within a gated community for short jaunts.

Looking forward to taking a test ride shortly. While I'm deliberating if I need a new machine for that occasional use, something tells me it's not about the math
It is never about the math Else we all end up buying a 100cc bike returning 100kmpl

Not trying to discourage you but do you really need a 350cc motorcycle for riding within a community ? A bicycle would be a great option.

However if you are planning even for a bi-weekly once 100km breakfast ride, then a motorcycle might justify. (Some might even argue a bicycle is just fine for that use case as well). Last thing you need is yet another gadget sitting in your home.

May be if you share more details on your intended use etc, there are enough experts here who can guide you. My guess is you are looking for something retro, chilled out/trouble free ride.

I recently bought home CB350(thanks to Sebring) and I hardly use it on weekdays. However I make it a point to ride at least 50-100kms on weekends for that "me time". I have also had couple of group breakfast rides with old pals and it is fun catching up.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 19:09   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Not trying to discourage you but do you really need a 350cc motorcycle for riding within a community ? A bicycle would be a great option.

My guess is you are looking for something retro, chilled out/trouble free ride.
Very valid points, and that's exactly the reason I haven't pushed myself to cut the cheque in the last two years. I definitely think a bicycle is a better alternative for my use case, but as you rightly said ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
you are looking for something retro, chilled out/trouble free ride.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 20:25   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Very valid points, and that's exactly the reason I haven't pushed myself to cut the cheque in the last two years. I definitely think a bicycle is a better alternative for my use case, but as you rightly said ...
I am not trying to discourage you either. we only live one life

However if you really want to enjoy motorcycling try renting out a bike for couple of weeks and see where it takes.

Being a car guy, I too was skeptical of riding after a decade(I still take my car for grocery shopping). To me CB350 is just to unwind and explore, even as solo. If I really enjoy it, will upgrade in couple of years.

If you are looking for Retro, easy going, light flickable machine(on the move), Peace of mind, Smooth, Thump of that exhaust, good fuel economy, then CB350 or Classic 350 are two good options. However they are heavy at parking and CB350 saddle is on the taller side.

PM me if you have any specific queries/doubts.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 10th June 2022 at 20:28.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 16:28   #434
BHPian

So after a long winded search, multiple test rides and moral dilemmas which this thread in particular, the forum in general and it's wonderful members helped address, I finally decided on a CB 350.

The booking experience is however still red wing and not Big wing to compete with the RE. I was asked to pay the booking amount but no delivery estimate provided. Big Wing says there will be no booking number either. If the next lot has the color and model of your choice then you are in luck. A little bit of a let down here. Maybe I went in with too high an expectation.

Last edited by Nimz : 9th August 2022 at 16:29.
Nimz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 08:16   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
So after a long winded search, multiple test rides and moral dilemmas which this thread in particular, the forum in general and it's wonderful members helped address, I finally decided on a CB 350.
Congratulations . CB350 is a practical choice considering the Honda reliability and the Retro charm(addictive thump too).

Bigwing still has long way to go to catch up with RE in terms of reach. You will only visit their showroom during purchase, what matters is the service experience and so far they are doing a good job unlike RE which is great only until you buy the bike.

I guess the choice of color decides the waiting period but it will no way be like RE (I was quoted 4-5 months for Classic 350). Hopefully you will get yours soon and start enjoying the ride.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks