Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 17:40   #46
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscosity View Post
Would be interesting to know how is the acceleration, pickup of this compared to Bullet when starting from 0 ? Bullets (even Thunderbird which is more zippier than classic bullets) take some time to reach speed beyond 60-70Kmph.
May be this video answers all your questions on acceleration and braking. The video is in Hindi, sorry for that.

girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 20:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I spent some time on this today, and I have your answer. For 4th gear it is 50KMPH, (without lugging). For 5th it is 60KMPH (but it did lug when i braked a little), so I can safely say 70KMPH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Congratulations , what is the minimum speed in 4th and 5th gear without lugging?
Hi Cyborg, I think you hit the nail on the head. Front should be 29 PSi and Rear 33 Psi. Usually the dealership keeps a higher PSi. So, I'll have that checked. I'm pretty sure that's the culprit. Thank you so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
What are the recommended tyre pressures front/rear and what pressures do you maintain. Since you mentioned the front is a little firm, is tyre pressure the culprit? Is the rear on the firm side too?
This Honda can run circles around the Bullet. My cousin is a TB user and simply loved it. In fact, acceleration is so strong that by the time he engages his gear, I'd have zoomed off. It's really zippy till you hit a speed of 90KMPH. Post that it takes it's own sweet time. So safely, I'd say keep this at 90 and you can ride all day. The engine is a beauty. Today, I met two Vloggers, both on their bullets. They have put up their Bullets (Classic, not TB) for sale and have booked the CB350. They took pics and videos of my ride, etc
Quote:
Would be interesting to know how is the acceleration, pickup of this compared to Bullet when starting from 0 ? Bullets (even Thunderbird which is more zippier than classic bullets) take some time to reach speed beyond 60-70Kmph.
Thanks Girish. I'll have a look later tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
May be this video answers all your questions on acceleration and braking.
Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:29   #48
BHPian

Congrats Sebring on the wonderful bike and being among the earliest owners.

I always loved the classic look and more importantly the sound of the CB200 bikes in Dubai used by bike couriers, which I had been seeing from the early 90s. Since then I was always wondering why doesn't Honda bring a similar retro bike with all the new technology and it seems this bike has done it all. Though I haven't heard the CB350 in person, I would presume the sound on the 200 is deeper and louder.

Wishing you many many happy miles of enjoyable biking!

Ride safe
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 21:49   #49
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition.

Excellent review. I too want single metallic colour (red) on pro version.

Could you please elaborate, how navigation feature works on this bike? Do you actually get indication of 'turn' on the bikes display?
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Out went the original mirrors. And in came the 'heavy set', 'full chrome' set. Wider and much better. What Honda should have provided in the first place. Loving it!
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8923.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:11   #51
BHPian

Quote:
May be this video answers all your questions on acceleration and braking. The video is in Hindi, sorry for that.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=kPSDBqNmGTE
Thanks for sharing this. Is it only me or are there other folks who also find this odometer having a mix of some suff being analog and some digital and not having a symmetrical shape little odd (to put it mildly) to look at ?
I am finding it very difficult to look at in the video with my brain kind of telling me something is amiss.
viscosity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

It would have been much better with a rev counter. That kind of balances the design. But I guess this is the trend nowadays
Quote:
I am finding it very difficult to look at in the video with my brain kind of telling me something is amiss.
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Out went the original mirrors. And in came the 'heavy set', 'full chrome' set. Wider and much better. What Honda should have provided in the first place. Loving it!
Can you please provide more info like which bike model these mirrors belong to?
Also from the rider point of view, how much is the coverage with the new mirrors.
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:28   #54
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Connecting your smartphone with the vehicle and a Bluetooth headset via Bluetooth allows you to operate the smartphone and its features by voice input from the headset. So you get voice guides for navigation. You can control using operating switches on the handlebar too. I need to borrow an android phone (I'm on iPhone) and test this, as they gave a demo in the showroom (Using their android phone) and it was just swell
Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Could you please elaborate, how navigation feature works on this bike? Do you actually get indication of 'turn' on the bikes display?
These were sent over by my friend who was using it on his Triumph. Not sure what make this is, but coverage increased by 50%. And zero vibrations at 90KMPH. It acts like heavy bar ends. In this pic you can make out the better coverage (I hope)
Quote:
Can you please provide more info like which bike model these mirrors belong to? Also from the rider point of view, how much is the coverage with the new mirrors.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_8917.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 3rd November 2020 at 22:46.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:52   #55
BHPian

Quote:
So the first accessory on the bike found pride of place right up there (Right on the mantel piece). It had to be the amazing TBHP sticker, which I customised. Black on blue looks amazing
Looks nice ! This is how I had put on my TBTS
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-p_20191119_200500.jpg  

viscosity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 23:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=kPSDBqNmGTE
Bro. Don’t ever be shy in posting anything in Hindi, or for that matter any other Indian language. Not getting into whether Hindi is India’s national language or not - it’s the most commonly spoken Indian language. Don’t be sorry!

On the actual topic - I think it’s somewhat academic to measure 0-100 in CB350 kind of bikes. Nobody who cares abt that figure will buy this bike (or rather shouldn’t!). I’ve never measured my bike’s 0-100 timing - and I ride Bonnie Street Twin!

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 3rd November 2020 at 23:07.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 23:14   #57
BHPian

Your guard dog is really so adorably innocent. Lots of love to him/her.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 23:51   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Cyborg, I think you hit the nail on the head. Front should be 29 PSi and Rear 33 Psi. Usually the dealership keeps a higher PSi. So, I'll have that checked. I'm pretty sure that's the culprit. Thank you so much
Welcome Sebring, hope incorrect tyre pressure is the culprit, it would be an easy fix. I am sure you will check it on cold tyres.

Please double check the 29/front and 33/rear values with the service people too. 29/front feels high and the ratio between front and rear seems very narrow as well (29/33). It could make the bike very taut/jumpy.

Normally there is a window for the rear tyre pressure for single and pillion riding, for example, single riding/29 and 33/with pillion.

Perhaps 23-24/front and 32-33/rear seems right for this class/weight of motorcycle.

Appreciate your clarification.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 06:32   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi, the window for the rear is 33-36. For the front its a firm 29 Psi (Even with pillion). 23-24 will definitely make it bumpy. However if I reduce it to 28, the ride will be sorted, but at the cost of tread wear. This is something I'll fix by trial and error method
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Normally there is a window for the rear tyre pressure for single and pillion riding, for example, single riding/29 and 33/with pillion. Perhaps 23-24/front and 32-33/rear seems right for this class/weight of motorcycle.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 08:53   #60
BHPian

Amazing bike!
Where Jawa failed, looks like Honda is bound to win i.e. deliver a blow to the reigning RE.

This is deja vu circa early 2000s where Honda successfully entered 150cc segment by challenging the mighty Pulsar.
mufeez1234 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks