Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2020, 19:36   #91
BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

I had a chance to ride my friend's Highness today for around 20km (we did a 250km ride towards Chikballapur). I am very impressed with the bike. The riding position is mostly comfortable though I was riding my Yamaha FZ25 and I felt something was off, maybe it is just a case of being used to it. The engine has good punch low down. Normally on all my bikes, it is a case of trying to get to the highest gear as soon as possible, but this bike is in its element in 3rd/4th gear at speeds of 60-80 kmph. I feel 5th gear is truly an overdrive, meant for the near century cruise. The seat looks very comfortable and he was able to complete the full trip without too much of problem.
jaganm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 21:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The gator cover to protect the fork from dust have arrived. And were fitted to my Smurfy
I guess the forks have to be dismantled for installation, am I right?
Old 8th November 2020, 00:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah. The fork, the horns, disc brakes, have to be removed. Takes 40 minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I guess the forks have to be dismantled for installation, am I right?
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 07:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

I don't think anyone posted the underseat pics of the CB350. There is a clamp and one allen screw holding it in place. That's how much space you got down there.
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_9355.jpg

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_9292.jpg

166 mm of ground clearance is very good (because at 145 mm, on the Royal Enfield this lower part of the engine used to suffer hits on Bangalore's infamous humps)
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_9288.jpg

Underseat storage houses the tool kit. And it's pretty tight, with is no dedicated space to keep bike papers.
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_92941.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th November 2020 at 07:31. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 10:42   #95

Anybody from Kerala purchased the motorcycle ? If so how is the dealership experience ?
As per Honda Gold Wing dealer locator , there are only 5 dealers in Kerala.
My nearest ones are Trivandrum and Cochin which are both 3 Hrs. ride from my current place.

With the launch of Meteor 350 a definite test drive is mandatory as youtubers are claiming it is vibration free (compared to older model). Choosing between Honda and an RE in aspect of refinement , Honda always win. But seeing it for myself is a bliss, even if i have to travel Kms for that.
jerrindanny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 11:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

Only 5 dealers? Select States in India have ONE each. Bangalore has TWO. You're very lucky there, my friend. Regarding Meteor, it's already out there. And yes, you need to Test Ride every option before choosing your ride. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrindanny View Post
there are only 5 dealers in Kerala
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 11:58   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody from Kerala purchased the motorcycle ? If so how is the dealership experience ?
My nearest ones are Trivandrum and Cochin which are both 3 Hrs. ride from my current place:
I had booked one, a month back at Cochin, and was told it would be available either by end of Oct or 1st week of Nov. But when I checked the other day they say it is still not come and they have not yet sold their first bike. Looks like they are still working on their showrooms (heard the earlier Ducati Showroom is becoming the new BigWing showroom) so probably have to wait ... We seem to be their least preferred state.
Jo-G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 12:01   #98
BHPian

Quote:
My nearest ones are Trivandrum and Cochin which are both 3 Hrs. ride from my current place.
:
I don't think there are 5 BigWing dealers on Kerala. Those are normal Honda bike dealers I think.

I think proper BigWing dealer is available in Cochin/Ernakulam only.
jithudigitised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 12:43   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
I don't think there are 5 BigWing dealers on Kerala.
They have identified 3 more new dealers other than Kochi & TVM (Calicut, Tirur-Malappuram & Thrissur) may take weeks or months to bring it up. The existing Kochi (EVM) is getting relocated is what I heard. Probably the bookings have forced them to consider offering dealerships to the existing normal honda dealers with a condition that it needs to be different and premium from their other dealership.

Unless the showroom is ready, Honda may not ship the vehicles. Early birds in Bangalore and Gurugrams caught the beasts. All others taking their sweet time or let Meteors take some of the Highness' share (Kings are very generous I suppose)
Jo-G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 16:59   #100
Senior - BHPian

We opened the right panel (Allen key), and that's pretty tight as well. Just a tiny pack of first-aid kit, tucked away at the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_9302.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 10:25   #101
Senior - BHPian

So my Smurfy 'inaugurated' the BigWing service station outside the City, on Mysore Road. This was the first 15th day check-up/nut & chain tightening exercise. I'm so glad the bike was sold through the exclusive dealership, as the facility is quite large. Customer facilities are excellent with waiting lounge (No dirty bathrooms), and Service Advisors are accessible 'one-on-one'. I can't imagine this in a regular Honda showroom with tens of Activas jostling for space. I had one issue to report of feeling this slight chain rub against the gear peg, in 4th and 5th gear. Hopefully it's sorted as I never got a chance to slot it in those gears in the city. Bengaluru traffic is just crazy, these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_9280.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 11:53   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
I don't think there are 5 BigWing dealers on Kerala. Those are normal Honda bike dealers I think.

I think proper BigWing dealer is available in Cochin/Ernakulam only.
There are currently 5 in Kerala. here are the details :
1. Calicut
DIAMOND PLAZA ,KANNUR ROAD ,NADAKKAVE PO ,CALICUT-673011 673011
SAYED WASEEM
bigwingcalicutnorth@gmail.com
2. Thrissur
JOHNS ARCADE,GURUVAYYOR ROAD, PUZHAKKAL, AYYANTHOLE P O 680003
Nikhil V R
bigwing@johnshonda.in
3. Tirur
AM HONDA,TANUR ROAD,POOKAYIL BAZAR,TIRUR PO,TIRUR,MALAPPURAM (DT),KERALA 676107
Mohammed Arshad CA

ambigbikes@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
They have identified 3 more new dealers other than Kochi & TVM (Calicut, Tirur-Malappuram & Thrissur) may take weeks or months to bring it up. The existing Kochi (EVM) is getting relocated is what I heard. Probably the bookings have forced them to consider offering dealerships to the existing normal honda dealers with a condition that it needs to be different and premium from their other dealership.

Unless the showroom is ready, Honda may not ship the vehicles. Early birds in Bangalore and Gurugrams caught the beasts. All others taking their sweet time or let Meteors take some of the Highness' share (Kings are very generous I suppose)
So no one in Kerala has yet to receive the Honda CB350 i guess.
jerrindanny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 13:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think anyone posted the underseat pics of the CB350. There is a clamp and one allen screw holding it in place. That's how much space you got down there.

Underseat storage houses the tool kit. And it's pretty tight, with is no dedicated space to keep bike papers.
So you need a tool (allen key) to access the toolkit? So if I remove the allen screw, I can take away the seat, no lock here?

Quote:
We opened the right panel (Allen key), and that's pretty tight as well. Just a tiny pack of first-aid kit, tucked away at the top.
You should try keeping the first aid kit somewhere accessible as again, opening the side panel with allen key to fetch first aid is a first!
surjaonwheelz is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 13:32   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
So you need a tool (allen key) to access the toolkit? So if I remove the allen screw, I can take away the seat, no lock here?
Any seat of any bike can be taken away if someone has a mind to do it. So that's really not saying much.

Do you honestly think those little seat locks provide any security? A school boy with a little scissor can open those. In probably less time than it would take to loosen a normal set of hex or allen bolts.

And an allen bolt is still better than a normal bolt whose panas would be available with every roadside mechanic and tyre wala.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 21:10   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
So you need a tool (allen key) to access the toolkit? So if I remove the allen screw, I can take away the seat, no lock here?!
Seems, one side panel is secured by the ignition key which opens up the First Aid kit and the allen key which can be used to unmount the seat and tools.
Jo-G is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks