Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2020, 09:17   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
I noticed something towards the end of my 28 km commute on Friday. This was the first time I took it out on a single ride of that distance . It seemed that smoke was coming out of the engine which thankfully turned out to be steam from the rain drops falling on it. I had already driven in light rain for around 30 minutes and was waiting under a flyover for 2-3 minutes when this happened. Is this normal?
Seems like you experienced a common molecular reaction. Water on extremely hot surfaces turn into steam.

Congrats and enjoy your new bike!
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 14:55   #122
Senior - BHPian

Honda has cleverly integrated the Saree Guard into the scheme of things. After some head scratching, the guys from VFM diligently separated it from the rear grab. Bike looks best without it
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0072.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 16:16   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Honda has cleverly integrated the Saree Guard into the scheme of things. After some head scratching, the guys from VFM diligently separated it from the rear grab. Bike looks best without it
Mohith, may I request you to let me know the distance between the two bolts of the grab rail and also the distance between the second hole and the place where the grab rail is bent upwards?

This is to check whether the backrest of the new meteor is a direct fit or some alterations are required. With what I could gauge, this almost looks like a direct fit and may suit the brown seat of the bike I have booked.

cheers,
Girish
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 18:52   #124
Senior - BHPian

No, my friends have tried. It's not a direct fit, they say. Someone I know is coming up with such accessories. I'll hook you up with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
This is to check whether the backrest of the new meteor is a direct fit or some alterations are required. With what I could gauge, this almost looks like a direct fit and may suit the brown seat of the bike I have booked
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 21:06   #125
BHPian

@Sebring - Have you done some research on the tyres yet? There seems to be ample clearance at the rear so I think a 150 would fit. Your opinion?
stealthcraft22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:16   #126
Senior - BHPian

Oh absolutely. There is a lot of clearance, and some more. It should fit. But these MRF tyres are very good. I was planning on Michelin/Pirelli but this will do the course for some time. The grippy tyres throw a lot of muck on pants (which I hate). Planning to install a rubber shield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthcraft22 View Post
@Sebring - Have you done some research on the tyres yet? There seems to be ample clearance at the rear so I think a 150 would fit. Your opinion?
Old 18th November 2020, 08:19   #127
Senior - BHPian

The 1000 Kms on my 'wings' came up pretty fast. VFM Honda serviced my bike. Thomas, over there adjusted clutch play and chain to my satisfaction. Took two hours. Bike is perfect now. Bill came up to Rs 963, for 2 litres of Idemitsu oil (5W40) and oil filter. YouTuber Abhinav had got a bill for Rs 1500, so this was lesser than expected. Bike runs butter smooth now.
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0128.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:01   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 1000 Kms on my 'wings' came up pretty fast. VFM Honda serviced my bike. Thomas, over there adjusted clutch play and chain to my satisfaction. Took two hours. Bike is perfect now. Bill came up to Rs 963, for 2 litres of Idemitsu oil (5W40) and oil filter. YouTuber Abhinav had got a bill for Rs 1500, so this was lesser than expected. Bike runs butter smooth now.
Did VFM open dedicated bigwing service center already or is it via their KR Puram service center ?

Considering their low service footprint, Honda should ideally explore door step service options similar to RE. Perhaps as an early owner, you should convey this feedback.

For example, I live in outskirts of Bangalore and have 3 RE dealerships/service centers within 10 km radius(1 right next to my house) and they even offer door step service. Honda can increase their reach by doing so.
Old 18th November 2020, 13:11   #129
Senior - BHPian

They have dedicated line only, for now. The new facilities should be up in a month or two. But quite a capable person, in charge (That's very important). So I did not miss anything. I shall communicate to them about the 'door step' pick up idea, buddy. Off track (but); Post saree-guard removal the bike looks quite 'butch' . During my college days I used to admire the RD350, endlessly. It's the same feeling now
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Did VFM open dedicated bigwing service center already or is it via their KR Puram service center?
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0219.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:15   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have dedicated line only, for now. The new facilities should be up in a month or two. But quite a capable person, in charge (That's very important). So I did not miss anything. I shall communicate to them about the 'door step' pick up idea, buddy. Off track (but); Post saree-guard removal the bike looks quite 'butch' . During my college days I used to admire the RD350, endlessly. It's the same feeling now
Unless you have a girl who is going to be sitting behind regularly and over long distances I would not spoil the lines of that nice grab-rail by fitting an ugly aftermarket backrest.

To be honest that saree guard was one of the nicer ones I've seen. If someone could replicate a mirror inverted version for the other side, they would work perfectly as stays to keep saddlebags away from the wheel.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:23   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. During my college days I used to admire the RD350, endlessly. It's the same feeling now
Definitely looks more butch now. Fork gaiters and removal of saree guard has done wonders to the looks
I think bigger(broader) crash guard might look great with this bike dimensions.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 18th November 2020 at 13:26.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:00   #132
BANNED

Quote:
They have dedicated line only, for now. The new facilities should be up in a month or two. But quite a capable person, in charge (That's very important). So I did not miss anything.
Hi there. Did you get a chance to fiddle around with the suspension settings?

Is it a 5 step preload adjustment? What setting are you using? Rider weight, if it's not intrusive?

Cheers

Ride Safe
gthang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

Hi there, 5 step pre-load, yes. I tried several settings and returned back to factory setting. That's Step2. This is providing optimum comfort for me, currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Hi there. Did you get a chance to fiddle around with the suspension settings?

Last edited by Sebring : 18th November 2020 at 14:29.
Old 19th November 2020, 22:14   #134
Senior - BHPian

VFM Honda is offering TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) as an accessory for the CB350. This should cost me Rs 1800, and is pretty accurate. It shows tyre temperature as well. I'm planning on this because the ride is pretty sorted when front tyre pressure is 29 psi and rear is at 33 psi
Attached Thumbnails
Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0018.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0015.jpg  

Smurfy - My Honda CB350 Ownership Review-img_0014.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 22:28   #135
BHPian

Quote:
VFM Honda is offering TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) as an accessory for the CB350. This should cost me Rs 1800, and is pretty accurate.
Looks like its the SensAiry's External TPMS. SensAiry is selling it for 2500+ on Amazon and their official website. They might have tied up with Honda to provide it for lesser, 1800 seems like a really good deal. You should definitely go for it, but do keep in mind that these sensors can be stolen easily with the correct tool.
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks