Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2020, 19:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Clip-on handlebar modification : Makes living with a KTM RC 390 easier

It's possible to fit the handlebar and top clamp from the Duke 390 on this bike. My friend has done this mod and now the bike has transformed from a weekend rider to a daily commuter and he's loving it. Although it doesn't look as sleek as this it's probably much safer than drilling into the cast clamp and introducing failure points.
medicineman1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 15:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman1987 View Post
It's possible to fit the handlebar and top clamp from the Duke 390 on this bike. My friend has done this mod and now the bike has transformed from a weekend rider to a daily commuter and he's loving it. Although it doesn't look as sleek as this it's probably much safer than drilling into the cast clamp and introducing failure points.
Can you check with him how has he managed handle bar lock? Thanks in advance. As far as I know, it is not possible to lock the bike normally. Duke handlebar fitment is a better mod anyday, no risks.
Old 14th November 2020, 19:13   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Can you check with him how has he managed handle bar lock? Thanks in advance. As far as I know, it is not possible to lock the bike normally. Duke handlebar fitment is a better mod anyday, no risks.
I would agree ...

Clip-on handlebar modification : Makes living with a KTM RC 390 easier-screenshot_20201114191109.png

Keep it simple and as close to factory as is possible.

Cheers, Doc
Old 14th November 2020, 19:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Lock and everything works fine according to him.
Old 20th December 2020, 00:42   #20
BHPian

The bike has found a new home couple of days back. It had been reliable throughout the 37k kms in little less than 4 years.

Before selling it off, I have switched back to stock handlebar setup keeping in mind the safety concerns highlighted in this thread and I was using it as it is when the Xpulse was waiting for parts.

Parting shot:
Clip-on handlebar modification : Makes living with a KTM RC 390 easier-img20201217wa0005.jpg

Most Viewed