Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2021, 17:33   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi All. Inspired by Rajesh's review and inspired by my friends, I have booked the Meteor Fireball version in a custom green colour.
Congrats on the booking and hearty welcome to the Meteor family. Even I chose Meteor for touring purposes and wanted to start small and not spend too much on bikes without knowing whether I would be able to continue riding (age is the primary factor and back pain is the second factor).

Happy about buying this and I have covered around 7000 kms. Mostly solo rides and some with TBHP Chennai folks.

Wishing you many happier miles with your bike. It's a wonderful touring machine. Don't let anything stop you from taking this to your rides.

Planning for a Chennai - Pune - Mumbai solo ride for this Christmas vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post
Hi guys! I have been tracking the meteor for many months now. It's been nearly 2 decades since my regular riding days and have accrued 3 disc prolapses in the back bone in the interim. Despite multiple short test rides which convinced me of how beautifully engineered the bike is, worry about aggravating the back has kept me from buying one.
My humble suggestion (even though you know it already) is to listen to your doctor rather than your heart or brain.

Advises aside, I too had back pain issues before (disc compression in C6/C7). Had my doubts and been avoiding RE's solely because of their vibrations. But with Meteor, Long tours on the highways and Short commutes within Chennai are of no issues. Never had an instance of back pain aggravating after my rides. Like as I said, considering your condition (and Bangalore road's), it's better to take a doctor's advice before taking that giant leap.

Highway rides at good speeds (max 120 kmph) comes without breaking a sweat and you will feel confident on its road manners. Lack of vibrations makes the riding experience even better. Suspension adjustments (according to the load) will increase your comfort levels.

I have ridden the bike for around 7000 kms, (95% of it being road trips) and did not face any performance or vibration issues. The ride is smooth and has power in the entire rev range. You will feel the lack of 6th gear sometimes (maybe due to the torque available in the upper bands as well). If the doctor recommends riding, you can buy this with your eyes closed and you will not regret your decision.

Happy riding.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th April 2022 at 17:05. Reason: back to back posts
rajeshkmoorthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 16:35   #77
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post
Hi guys! I have been tracking the meteor for many months now. It's been nearly 2 decades since my regular riding days and have accrued 3 disc prolapses in the back bone in the interim. Despite multiple short test rides which convinced me of how beautifully engineered the bike is, worry about aggravating the back has kept me from buying one.

Most YouTube and media reviewers call it comfortable and one of the smoother rides. I haven't had the chance of doing a long ride yet. Any suggestions/feedback from owners regarding comfort levels on a road trip and regular commute. My commute is a 50km round trip on deteriorating Bangalore roads, 5-6 days per week. The heart has been tugging hard to get back on a bike ever since the meteor appeared on the horizon. But brain is warning against a middle-aged misadventure worth 2.5 lakhs.

Eagerly awaiting your advice and feedback!
Go with your heart and fulfill your desires, sir! I bought a CB350 this year in Feb, and re-started motorcycling at 55 yrs of age! And I am far from 100% fit. In fact my bike was modified by NCR Motorcycles, a much followed Youtuber. Since then, I have done 9200kms on the Honda including Delhi Ajmer, Delhi Udaipur rides. I am eying the Shotgun 650 presently! go ahead friend, you only live once.
windiesel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 13:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshkmoorthy View Post
My humble suggestion (even though you know it already) is to listen to your doctor rather than your heart or brain.

I have ridden the bike for around 7000 kms, (95% of it being road trips) and did not face any performance or vibration issues. The ride is smooth and has power in the entire rev range. You will feel the lack of 6th gear sometimes (maybe due to the torque available in the upper bands as well).

Happy riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Go with your heart and fulfill your desires, sir! I bought a CB350 this year in Feb, and re-started motorcycling at 55 yrs of age! And I am far from 100% fit. In fact my bike was modified by NCR Motorcycles, a much followed Youtuber. Since then, I have done 9200kms on the Honda including Delhi Ajmer, Delhi Udaipur rides. I am eying the Shotgun 650 presently! go ahead friend, you only live once.
Thank you Rajesh and Windiesel for your kind responses. I have postponed the decision to buy and will keep riding for a few more months on borrowed ones. Will get the body used to the ride before taking the leap.

The Shotgun/Super Meteor does look promising. One luxury about taking your time to decide is the potential new releases and feedback from riders like you regarding the resilience of the existing bikes. Thank you once again for taking time out and clearing my doubts!
ram1kv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 18:23   #79
BHPian

Touring Setup - Panniers for Meteor 350

You all know that it's been almost a year since I bought my Meteor 350. I bought it exclusively for touring. W.r.t accessories, Meteor does not offer many options when it comes to touring barring some namesake items like a pannier (or a poor excuse of it ). Since the day I bought this bike, I have been searching for a good pannier and top box set to complete my luggage setups. RE has not provided any kind of luggage accessory as standard and the pannier that they provided is of no use in whichever creative way I think of it for my touring requirements. Even I tried to use the Himalayan ones but the size and fitment do not match with the meteor's overall silhouette. Just seemed out of place and looked ugly. The saddlebags that I purchased from Biking Brotherhood, did not provide the safety and stability that I expected. BTW, if anyone needs a saddlebag, PM me and I can give it to you. Am not using it anymore and no plans to use it in the future as well. I have been searching every place and every other alternate accessory shop in Chennai that would sell me panniers and top box for my Meteor. All they had are the usual ones (Studds and other local brands).

A couple of months later, thru one of my friends, I came across the brand name SHAD and one of their models SHAD23 seemed to be a good match for meteor's dimensions.

Name:  Screenshot 20211128 at 5.22.35 PM.png
Views: 2311
Size:  93.6 KB

A google search for the model pointed me to a shop named AH Helmets in Mumbai and their webpage where they have listed the model for ₹19,999 + ₹1,800 (Shipping). Didn’t know much of this shop and was a bit sceptical to pay money upfront. As an alternate, checked Amazon. They had it on their listing but there was no stock. A search on SHAD’s official website also turned futile as they did not have any option to buy it online. Felt like checking up this AH Helmets shop once again. After searching for any negative feedback about their shop on the web and couldn’t find any, I called them and spoke to them. They mentioned that the 3P kit will fit Meteor and they mentioned that they have also added additional fittings to match any bikes (actually, that didn’t work for Meteor. More on that later). After interacting with them, you could say that I got some amount of confidence. I went ahead and ordered the box (2 Nos) along with the 3P Kit. As mentioned earlier, it cost me ₹19,999 + ₹1,800 (Shipping). Details of the kit and how it fits can be found on SHAD's official website.

2 days after my order, I got a shipping confirmation along with a tracking number from FedEx. 8 days after that, I received the package. The package was in good condition and I opened it and checked for any damages and there weren’t any.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-box-front.jpeg Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-box.jpeg

What's Inside?
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-inside-contents.jpeg

Contents:
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-attachments.jpeg Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-img_2104.jpeg

The box came with fitting and mounting instructions as well in a simple four-page manual.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-shadins001.jpeg Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-shadins002.jpeg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-shadins003.jpeg Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-shadins004.jpeg

The box also contained the Vendor manual that provided instructions to fit any type of bike.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-vendor-ins-001.jpeg Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-vendor-ins-002.jpeg

The box had an extra set of locks as well. It opens with the same key that opens the other two boxes.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-extra-set-lock.jpeg

Panniers - found.
Stock - Received.

Now what? Fitment? Yes.

I previously thought that I can do the fitting myself. Was I wrong? YES. When I went to try the DIY fitting, I was not able to remove even one single screw from the motorcycle. That's where I realised my limitation and specifically of my right hand where I lost almost half of my thumb when lubricating my bike way back in August. My right thumb (Up to the nail part) got struck between chain and sprocket and it got cut away. Just a millisecond of distraction and it all happened. Anyways, moving on…

What are my other options?

I checked with my dealer and their accessory shop. They said they would do only when the accessory is purchased from them. With all doors closed, I called one of my friends and asked for any referrals that he might have to solve my problem. He made some calls and got me the contact details of Mr Jaideep of Motodynamics (Many of our TBHP folks in Chennai might know him as most of the service their superbikes there). I was told that he was a part of the professional racing circuit as well.

Called him and fixed up an appointment (on a weekday - less crowd). Took the bike to him and showed him the product. They tried the fit and found out that the 3P fittings are a match and fitting properly and one issue is that fitting only the 3P will make the box vibrate while riding as there was no support from the bottom. The additional fitting that the seller gave did not fit at all as it was too long and have to do some minor fabrication work to make it compatible. Mr Jaideep suggested that he can design, fabricate and install a new frame that will provide support to the 3P kit and the box from below. This, he said, will arrest the vibrations to near zero. He asked for one day time and I was fine with that.

The next day evening, I received a call stating that the bike is ready. I went to the service centre the next day and saw that the fitting was done perfectly. There were no vibrations when I test drove the bike in some rough patches. Saw the newly fabricated attachment and found it to be stronger than the original and better fitting as well. Tried shaking the 3P fitting and the entire bike shook thus confirming the strength of the fitment. I felt happy that finally, I was able to find, buy and fit a pannier to my Meteor.

The 3P Fitting

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-3p-fitting.jpeg

This is how it gets attached to the Seat

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-top-view.jpeg

This is the in-house fabricated attachment...

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-fabricated-attachment.jpeg

along with the back support and a small rubber cladding to arrest vibrations...

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-back-support.jpeg Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-back-support-rubber.jpeg

The total cost of fitting is ₹1,900 (₹900 for fabrication & painting the additional attachment and ₹1,000 for the labour). I checked with him about the top box fitment and he said that I just need to buy the top box and he will design and fabricate the plates and he also mentioned that he has already kept a provision to attach the top box and the plates.

Final Look - Front - Not much shows up

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-front-view.jpeg

View from the back

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-back-view.jpeg

Top View from the front and rear

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-top-view-front.jpeg Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-top-view-back.jpeg

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-side-view-left.jpeg Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-side-view-right.jpeg

Returned home and took a longer route to get used to the additional width of my bike and to get accustomed to it. I have to leave a little bit of extra space and tread carefully so that I don’t hit any cars or bikes with my box and its extra dimensions.

Only the top box is pending now and am looking for that SHAD-48 model and will buy it by next month. Will keep you guys posted as and when I get that fixed.

Thanks for reading and stay safe everyone.
rajeshkmoorthy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 17:35   #80
BHPian

I had a question for RE Metor owners on the forum. How difficult is it to ride the Metor in extremely heavy city traffic? I am talking like traffic that's so bad that you take 60-90 mins to cover 10-15 km.

I was looking to buy an extremely comfortable bike that can do both city rides in super dense crush load traffic and open cruise on highway on the weekend. Through all my research I have narrowed it down between the RE Metor & Honda Highness for my final two choices.

I wanted to ask fellow owners how difficult it is to ride the bike in traffic considering the cruiser stance of the bike and the heavy weight along with the heavy clutch leaver. Does your back and hands feel tired because of the same?

Also in case you have also ridden the Honda Highness, what are your thoughts between the two?
Old 4th December 2021, 09:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rock098 View Post
I had a question for RE Metor owners on the forum. How difficult is it to ride the Metor in extremely heavy city traffic? I am talking like traffic that's so bad that you take 60-90 mins to cover 10-15 km.

I was looking to buy an extremely comfortable bike that can do both city rides in super dense crush load traffic and open cruise on highway on the weekend. Through all my research I have narrowed it down between the RE Metor & Honda Highness for my final two choices.

I wanted to ask fellow owners how difficult it is to ride the bike in traffic considering the cruiser stance of the bike and the heavy weight along with the heavy clutch leaver. Does your back and hands feel tired because of the same?

Also in case you have also ridden the Honda Highness, what are your thoughts between the two?
I was in a similar situation and had similar apprehensions about the handling of the motorbike in heavy traffic conditions.

After you ride it a couple of times and get used to its forward pegged seating position, it will feel like breeze under any and every traffic circumstances.

I have written a thread on my meteor 350 wherein I have compared the CB 350 with the Meteor 350 and also explained my shortlisting between the two.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ip-review.html (Royal Enfield Meteor 350 - Ownership Review)

I am also updating the thread with my findings and customisation of the meteor 350. Request you to look it up as it may help you with your decision making.

Last edited by yikes6633 : 4th December 2021 at 09:07. Reason: Added link to the thread.
yikes6633 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 10:39   #82
BHPian

Hello Meteorians, have finally made my mind to add a meteor fireball Red to my garage. Though I m not a regular biker and more of a car guy. Owning RE thunderbird was always a dream and the plan had always taken a back seat for every other thing in life. Now finaly decided to pamper my self with a meteor before i turn 40(ohh yes i know its just a number)
Had owned quite a few commuter bikes earlier but wanted a cruiser this time. Took the test rides for meteor and classic, but felt the meteor more suited to my height and seating posture that I am looking for.
A few Questions to all,
  1. Any discounts I can expect?
  2. Is the lower seat comfortable?
  3. Buying from a very small showroom is okay in terms of genuineness and service

Anything that i should not miss on the accessories?
Thanks in Advance!
Old 24th April 2022, 10:54   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
  1. Any discounts I can expect?
  2. Is the lower seat comfortable?
  3. Buying from a very small showroom is okay in terms of genuineness and service
Anything that I should not miss on the accessories?
Congratulations on selecting the Meteor. Don't worry about the age factor. I Am 47 (and with back issues as well) and am able to ride it without any issues. You can leave all your "its-just-a-number" worries aside and take the plunge happily.

To your questions:
1. NO. It's a hot cake and no discounts can be expected at all. You can check with your local dealer on dealer discounts if any.
2. The low seat is very much comfortable and am able to rest both my feet on the ground comfortably (am 5'6").
3. W.r.t the service, they are good. In case not, you have the option to reach out to the company directly and they respond very well.

Accessories:

If you are not buying the top version, the below can be a good investment.

1. Touring Mirrors
2. Passenger Backrest Mounts
3. Touring Rider Seat
4. Wind Protector
5. Engine Guard
6. Foot Pegs

Barring the footpegs, I have installed all of the above accessories in my Meteor. Also, would suggest you take a look at these DIY videos and familiarise yourself with the DIY maintenance as well.

Wishing you millions of happy (s)miles in advance.

Last edited by rajeshkmoorthy : 24th April 2022 at 10:57.
rajeshkmoorthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 16:39   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rock098 View Post

I don't ride my supernova to work since I am working from home, but my wife uses her Fireball for her office commute which comes to about 70-75kms in a day. And she hasn't faced any issue with weight or controlling in traffic.
Apart from that we also did Mumbai Spiti Mumbai in sep 2021 and have no complaints, proving that meteor is a commuter and tourer too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshkmoorthy View Post
Congratulations on selecting the Meteor. Don't worry about the age factor. I Am 47 (and with back issues as well) and am able to ride it without any issues. You can leave all your "its-just-a-number" worries aside and take the plunge happily.

To your questions:
1. NO. It's a hot cake and no discounts can be expected at all. You can check with your local dealer on dealer discounts if any.
2. The low seat is very much comfortable and am able to rest both my feet on the ground comfortably (am 5'6").
3. W.r.t the service, they are good. In case not, you have the option to reach out to the company directly and they respond very well.

Accessories:

If you are not buying the top version, the below can be a good investment.

1. Touring Mirrors
2. Passenger Backrest Mounts
3. Touring Rider Seat
4. Wind Protector
5. Engine Guard
6. Foot Pegs

Barring the footpegs, I have installed all of the above accessories in my Meteor. Also, would suggest you take a look at these DIY videos and familiarise yourself with the DIY maintenance as well.

Wishing you millions of happy (s)miles in advance.

I got the supernova version, while my wife got the fireball version. And just in a week of delivering I got a chance to ride both the bikes on the same route at the same time (approx gap of 20 mins). And I noticed that I felt wind buffeting while riding the supernova (with its wind shield/visor)

I thought maybe its due to my height of 172 cms, so I spent money and installed a pro-spec windshield extender which as fine but the gain was marginal.

Eventually when riding out during rains, I had loss of visibility thanks to the fogging/wet visor.

All together I found the visor pointless waste of money and removed it. Since then I have done Mumbai - Spiti - Mumbai on my supernova and so did my wife on her Fireball and didnt miss that stupid wind visor.

So think carefully before spending money on it.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 25th April 2022 at 17:06. Reason: back to back posts
calmleesunk8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 10:48   #85
BHPian

Hello folks!

This is going to be my first in-depth write-up on Team BHP

Let me start with how I began my riding journey.

The beginning : 2021

I had only just learned how to ride a bike and was looking to purchase "something nice". Considering rising fuel prices, our family made the switch to the Nexon EV last year but that still didn't solve the problem of convenience nor battling the peak of Mumbai traffic and I just wasn't willing to drive around as it can get very frustrating! So when the search for a bike started, I kept my options open. My initial budget was set at under 2 Lakhs OTR, Mumbai.

1. Revolt Electric

Thanks to a close friend, I had the chance to test ride a Revolt RV400. I won't lie, I had high expectations from this bike and according the the spec sheet, it delivers! Torque is instant, greatly enjoyable. The braking was average at best but the highlight was definitely how silent and enjoyable the ride was. The only issues were the slew of issues reported by owners during the rains and the greatly limited top speed.
Having an electric bike with electrical issues made me very nervous and I ditched the idea of buying it.

Pros:
1. Looks good!
2. Rides really well.
3. Low and medium speed performance is brilliant

Cons:

1. Limited performance
2. Niggles and quality issues
3. Reliability unknown.

Cut to mid 2021: Life went on and responsibilities increased, the plan of purchasing a bike was on hold as I had other expenses and priorities.

December 2021: Another close friend of mine picked up a brand new Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220. After a quick test ride, I realised that I wouldn't mind an ICE Bike as long as it does it's job well. The Avenger is a supremely comfortable bike and it's after this ride that I contemplated on getting a low-riding bike or cruiser.

I shortlisted the Avenger as a potential purchase. Excellent comfort, good engine, light clutch but the braking and transmission were somewhat of a compromise. I had a scary experience on a highway when the bike gear fell from 5th to 4th, not once but twice! My friend was quick to correct me that the Avenger requires heavy, forceful gear changes.

Pros:
1. Comfortable and very easy to handle despite the weight.
2. Bling! The cruise 220 looks classy but then the street version also looks handsome!
3. Tractable engine and performance. The Avenger is a quick cruiser. It's what you want it to be. I can rumble and it can scream, expressway performance is good!
4. Servicing will be easy.
5. Price - At the time of consideration, I could get the Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 within 1.6L OTR Mumbai.

Cons:

1. Poor quality fitments.
2. Transmission issues on a relatively new bike was not confidence inspiring.
3. Rattles and creaks

The search continued..

January 2022

With further rising fuel prices, I started considering more frugal options: The TVS Raider 125 being the front runner. However a test ride changed my mind and I absolutely didn't like the seating position, having been more instantly acclimatized to the "cruiser" stance.

April 2022

Priority 1: RE Meteor 350 Supernova Brown

My friends and I had a brief test ride of the Meteor 350. I absolutely loved the riding stance and seat comfort and was surprised with the levels of refinement on offer. Many of my friends who own previous gen Classic 350s and even the Thunderbird were mighty impressed with the Meteor's elegance. The tripper navigation seemed a little buggy and refused to work on our test ride unit but I immediately realised this feature to be a "gimmick" instead. While engine and transmission performance seemed good, the brakes were again, not very confidence inspiring, requiring a strong pull on the front brakes and a generous push on the rear ones. The waiting period claimed was long - 90 days with no guarantee or written word for deliveries. Apparently there have been many who booked their bike as early as November 2021 but have not yet received their bikes. Yikes! Regardless, I booked the bike in April and was hopeful I would get delivery as soon as possible.

Pros:

1. A well-built RE. Feels solid
2. Comfortable seat and seems ideal for covering long distances.
3. Relatively light clutch but nothing compared to the slip and assist on the CB350.
4. Adequate performance for city and highways
5. Looks great

Cons:

1. Price: The Meteor's price has steadily increased with time. The Meteor 350 Supernova version was priced at 2.7L OTR Mumbai which was over my budget.
2. Headlights: While the throw seems adequate, I don't like the fact that RE has chosen halogens at this price range.
3. Excessive waiting period made me consider the CB350.

Priority 2: Honda H'ness CB350

Another brilliant offering by Honda. I loved the classy yet retro styling, excellent engine and an amazing exhaust note that puts most others to shame. Honda's selectable torque control is a good feature addition and I liked how beautifully the bike has been put together. The only issue I faced is the poor gearing. This is more a city bike than a cruiser and constant gearshifts are required if you want to make progress with the bike.

Pros

1. Looks great, especially the DLX top version and 1st anniversary edition
2. Mid-range performance is good.
3. Acceptable fuel economy figures
4. Comfortable but not as much as the Meteor 350.
5. Honda's traction control system is probably not necessary but is a good safety feature. Possibly a help during Mumbai rains?
6. Refined and smooth. Sounds amazing at lower rpms.
7. Super light clutch, useful for longer journeys.
8. Price! At the time of consideration, I was getting the bike at just a little over 2.5L OTR for the top end Anniversary edition. The bike had absolutely no waiting period except for the week or two for registration. So it was more affordable and would get delivered quicker, hence at one point I nearly ditched the Meteor 350.

Cons:

1. Not as easy to ride as the RE Meteor 350. The tall gearing and engine's characteristics mean you need to stay in the right gear at the right time. Frequent downshifts are required.

2. Headlights: Despite being LED units, night-time performance is inadequate.

3. Seat comfort for pillion was not good compared to the meteor.

4. Honda accessories were perpetually out of stock with no estimated time of arrival.

The unexpected twist

Considering how tempted I was to go for the Honda, I called up the sales incharge for my Meteor 350 and explained that I'd like to cancel the booking since I liked an approved the CB350!

The entire process at RE was SLOW up to this point but an unexpected twist was soon to follow. The now super-eager sales team was able to procure a Meteor Supernova Blue and asked if I was okay with the colour and the fact that tripper nav has now been deleted.

After some consideration, I agreed!

Blue looked stunning so I agreed and the staff promised delivery by the final week of May.

Delivery Day

Post disbursement of the loan, delivery was swift!
28th of May: I received delivery of my brilliant blue Meteor 350 Supernova with all the additional accessories:

1. Chrome Engine Guard changed from Matte black
2. Sump guard

It's been a wonderful experience!

[September 2022]

Have clocked 1700kms to date (a mix of highway and city use). I'm totally loving the experience. This bike is head turner. Fuel economy figures are great, I'm getting between 25-27kmpl in the city due to my relatively short commute, however, I have got up to 45kmpl on highways during a relatively short 400km round trip. I have used this bike enough to understand what I like and what I'm not a fan of. Summarised below:

[What I love] : -

1. I'm amazed with how far RE has come with refinement levels. Seriously, blown away within the first 500kms but after the first service, things got even better.

2. Plenty of usable power and torque, clearing speed breakers in 2nd gear makes this a great choice for cities.

3. Fit and finish with respect to RE's past models is definitely in a different league.

4. Looks stunning! Yes, probably can't be compared to the new Classic 350, but the Meteor 350 offers something totally different, yet desirable.

5. Ride quality: This is a comfortable cruiser!

[What could have been better] : -

1. City fuel economy: I get 25-27 kmpl which is 'okay'. I honestly won't complain much but was expecting at least 30kmpl in the city.

2. Performance: Within the city, no complaints but flat out performance on the highway is a little underwhelming for a 349cc bike. Nevertheless, this is a cruiser by RE and RE riders don't care much for flat out performance cruisers.

3. Brakes: Both front and rear brakes need a generous pull to work well. The rear brake is quite 'standard' despite RE offering a large disc.

4. Front suspension: Bottoms out quite easily, especially when traversing through Mumbai's mighty potholes.

[What I don't like] : -

1. Headlights: Apparently since RE has chosen a particular type of lamp, switching to high beam, turns of the low beam. This means when using high beam, you can't see what's directly in front of you!

The only quick workaround is holding the pass switch, keeping both lamps illuminated. Weird. Maybe this is the norm with bikes or RE?

2. RE could've implemented better features with the dial chosen. It's tastefully integrated with the needles and warning lamps but could've provided a tachometer as well, something that the Royal Enfield Thunderbird did have.

Initially, had an issue with horrendous noise while using the rear brakes, however this issue was resolved after the first service.

Refinement levels have only gotten better with time.

Side note: The level of dirt that accumulates near the fuel cap is unreal. A serious headache to clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-img_20220528_1303222.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-img_20220528_1205472.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-img_20220528_1155332.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller-img_20220612_1257522.jpg  

Ankit998 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 10:14   #86
BHPian

Congratulations on your new bike. I too have bought Meteor 350 Stellar blue in July 2022 and completed close to 2k kms.

I get around 34-35kmpl in city, have not done a highway ride yet, 45kmpl is dream come true, those are amazing numbers.

Happy and safe riding :-)
Ikran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 12:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikran View Post
Congratulations on your new bike. I too have bought Meteor 350 Stellar blue in July 2022 and completed close to 2k kms.

I get around 34-35kmpl in city, have not done a highway ride yet, 45kmpl is dream come true, those are amazing numbers.

Happy and safe riding :-)
Hey, thank you! Congratulations to you too! Stellar Blue is a fantastic colour that looks great during the day as well as at night! Wishing you many many happy journeys with your new bike. Ride safe!

I'd also like to ask you: I'm considering adding the tripper functionality to my bike, any idea if this can be separately installed from RE?
Ankit998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 12:57   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit998 View Post
Hey, thank you! Congratulations to you too! Stellar Blue is a fantastic colour that looks great during the day as well as at night! Wishing you many many happy journeys with your new bike. Ride safe!

I'd also like to ask you: I'm considering adding the tripper functionality to my bike, any idea if this can be separately installed from RE?
It can be installed from RE, however, I am given to understand it doesn't add much value as navigation resets every time you happen to take switch-off the bike during breaks.

After market mobile holders or navigation systems are better in a way.
Old 29th September 2022, 13:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikran View Post
It can be installed from RE, however, I am given to understand it doesn't add much value as navigation resets every time you happen to take switch-off the bike during breaks.
In my experience, the tripper doesn't reset if you switch off the bike. As long as you don't kill the RE app on your phone, it works just fine.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 13:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
In my experience, the tripper doesn't reset if you switch off the bike. As long as you don't kill the RE app on your phone, it works just fine.
Certainly I couldn't test it, but that's what Overdrive review states. If it doesn't reset then it is a good to have feature. Maybe with software upgrades, defects stand corrected.
Ikran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks