Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2020, 12:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Review : 'Meteor'itic rise of a traveller

Hi
Congratulations on your meteor and very well written review. I did a test ride of meteor last week. I felt post 90kmph there is vibration but much less compared to the previous versions or maybe it's because of the test mule. I was not enthused about the exhaust note but can accept it with a pinch of salt. I was told using an online configuration will cut down the delivery time from 3months to 45 days. Still I am waiting for a test ride of Himalayan before I take a call. Will be following your thread for updates. Have you sorted out your riding gear and have you joined any riding club.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 13:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your ride ! She looks superb. I also love the brown shade and tan seats. Kindly pen down your experience especially how she handles in the city.

Though I am not in the market immediately for a bike, I will get one slowly. Currently my mind is on two bikes. The meteor and the Honda 350. Need some long term reviews to settle on one.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 14:58   #18
BHPian

Congrats for your new nova . Brown colour looks very good. Meteor 350 along with 650 twins are a step in right direction for RE. My only grouse is tank is only 15 liters, lack of 6th gear and tachometer.

Can aftermarket tachometer be fitted?

Please Keep updating the thread.
Sarvodaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 15:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Congratulations on your meteor and very well written review. I did a test ride of meteor last week. I felt post 90kmph there is vibration but much less compared to the previous versions or maybe it's because of the test mule. I was not enthused about the exhaust note but can accept it with a pinch of salt. I was told using an online configuration will cut down the delivery time from 3months to 45 days. Still I am waiting for a test ride of Himalayan before I take a call. Will be following your thread for updates. Have you sorted out your riding gear and have you joined any riding club.
Thanks. Even when you book the bike in the showroom, they go to the website, configure your bike, pay the booking advance and get a confirmation online. There is no offline booking process as before. And per Autocar India's post here, once you have paid the booking advance, your bike will be ready in 48 hours.

I have bought the Riding Jacket & Gloves (RE Branded), Riding Boots (Spartan) and Riding Pants (BBG). I am still searching for a good riding group and would want to start with Breakfast Rides. If you / Team-BHP folks know / part of any riding groups, please let me know. I will join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Congratulations on your ride ! She looks superb. I also love the brown shade and tan seats. Kindly pen down your experience especially how she handles in the city.

Though I am not in the market immediately for a bike, I will get one slowly. Currently my mind is on two bikes. The meteor and the Honda 350. Need some long term reviews to settle on one.
City Riding is good with good roll-on acceleration. As power is available on the entire rev band, riding is a breeze. If you are riding with shorts, you will feel the engine heat on your legs. If you are wearing pants / riding pants, you won't feel the heat. Also, please ensure that you cover your foot enough (side protection in particular) because the engine is very close to your footpads and might burn your heels if it comes into contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Congrats for your new nova . Brown colour looks very good. Meteor 350 along with 650 twins are a step in right direction for RE. My only grouse is tank is only 15 liters, lack of 6th gear and tachometer.

Can aftermarket tachometer be fitted?

Please Keep updating the thread.
For me, 15 liter tank takes me upto 420 kms on a full tank. In perspective, I can fill the tank and ride to Salem / Trichy / Bangalore from Tambaram without re-fuelling.

6th Gear would have been nice. However, the bike cruises 80-110 kph effortlessly.

Aftermarket Tachometer - pardon my ignorance. I never checked. Seasoned BHP'ians might throw some light on this possibility.

Sure. I will be updating this thread regularly with my experience.
rajeshkmoorthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 15:50   #20
BHPian

Congratulations for making your first love come alive when all hope was fading. Delaying the decision was prudent as proved by new launch fitting your bill. Thanks you for sharing your experience with us. I almost feel like buying it on your post alone.

It is going to be one hell of a companion for you considering you did 800 kms in 3 days flat out. I can not imagine what touring will mean in your case!

These personal touches by RE make it more endearing.

I wish you a lot of happy rides
RajeevSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 16:06   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase.

The bike looks well and I wish you countless miles of motoring.

I would like to ask you a question regarding the rotary light controls. The high and low beam would be easier to adjust to, but how odd do you feel regarding the pass function?
As it is currently positioned, you would need to move the thumb quite a lot between horn and pass. In other bikes, it is generally positioned to be used by index finger. As the use is not premeditated and needs quick operation (for flashing), is it easy to adjust to and operate?
88_TANK_88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 16:23   #22
BHPian

Congratulations, rajeshkmoorthy Sir!!

What a beautiful machine! Excellent choice of colour and good choice of accessories too..

Thank you for taking the time to cover all the aspects in such minute detail.

Look forward to witnessing your journey with this beautiful brown machine. Do keep posting updates on all the upgrades you do and your long term ownership experience. Your thread will be the go-to thread for all things related to Meteor..
FloatingCanvas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 19:35   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the bike and wish you a lot of trouble-free miles!

Not a fan of the brown Meteor with the chrome and would have loved a dark grey/silver from RE but your pics show it nice compared to the media rides' videos.

Consider a better number plate to suite the nice number, given that you can't go unnoticed in a crowd with a new RE
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 21:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
Congratulations for making your first love come alive when all hope was fading. Delaying the decision was prudent as proved by new launch fitting your bill. Thanks you for sharing your experience with us. I almost feel like buying it on your post alone.

It is going to be one hell of a companion for you considering you did 800 kms in 3 days flat out. I can not imagine what touring will mean in your case!

These personal touches by RE make it more endearing.

I wish you a lot of happy rides
Thanks for the wishes. At this point in time, there are more places in Wishlist than experience. Planning for some solo rides to Megamalai, Munnar & Valparai. Waiting for this holiday season to over as I am not a fan of crowded places.

That being said, would be happy to be riding with our experienced Team-BHP folks if I get an opportunity before my solo rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_TANK_88 View Post
Congratulations on the purchase.

The bike looks well and I wish you countless miles of motoring.

I would like to ask you a question regarding the rotary light controls. The high and low beam would be easier to adjust to, but how odd do you feel regarding the pass function?
As it is currently positioned, you would need to move the thumb quite a lot between horn and pass. In other bikes, it is generally positioned to be used by index finger. As the use is not premeditated and needs quick operation (for flashing), is it easy to adjust to and operate?
As I mentioned earlier, rotary switches are new to us and needs getting used to. For me, with my smaller hands, need a bit of stretch to reach the Pass switch and horn. It's not easy to operate during those times where you have to use the clutch and horn / pass at the same time. Trying to develop a DIY to negate this. Will keep the group posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Congrats on the bike and wish you a lot of trouble-free miles!

Not a fan of the brown Meteor with the chrome and would have loved a dark grey/silver from RE but your pics show it nice compared to the media rides' videos.

Consider a better number plate to suite the nice number, given that you can't go unnoticed in a crowd with a new RE
Number plates - I don't have any other choice than to use the government mandated HSRP. This one is just temporary until they come.
rajeshkmoorthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 22:59   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on buying this beauty. The bike looks classy in the combination which you have selected. Wish you many more happy miles ahead and please keep the thread updated. I have a Thunderbird, 2008 model and may want to change in a few years.

On the heat from the engine, please check once that carb is tuned correctly. I can vouch from my personal experience on similar heat from engine on my Thunderbird which for many years was running on whatever setting service centre and local mechanics had done but later when I myself invested time to learn and figure out how carb tuning needs to be done in a Thunderbird I found out it was not optimal. I can feel the difference in heat and general bike performance after my own setting. As it requires patience and tuning experiments to find optimum point of carb, many mechanics may not pay attention or want to do it. I am not sure whether this applies to Meteor or not, just sharing my experience.

On picking a number of your own choice, if i had the option to pick between 3500 to 4500, I would have taken 4444. I know it's a personal choice and it differs, just sharing my first thought on it and just for a casual experiment I asked the same question to my wifey to pick a number in that range, you know she actually suggested same 4500.
viscosity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 05:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful review @Rajesh. Such reviews rekindle my desires for taking one more shot at bike riding. Can you comment on the weight and general handling for a newbie rider in mid40s who doesn’t want to ride fast and hard, but generally cruise around with pillion? I am 5’10 with medium build.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 07:11   #27
BHPian

Hi,
Regarding riding groups, we have a lot in Chennai. I would recommend MBMC who I have ridden with in the past and I am still in touch with few of them. Given the corona situation I don't think there is any monthly meetings or rides being organised but I am sure they will start soon. If u r interested I can find out when and where is the next meet. I would suggest meeting them and get a feel of the group and doing a couple of short rides before planning to tour.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 08:34   #28
BHPian

Congratulations! I've booked Stellar Blue with customization and can't wait for the delivery (sometime in January hopefully)
Never been a fan on group rides, but will be happy to join you and other Meteor owners for a couple of breakfast rides to share experience and tips.
1. I have only one question, : What will be the maximum all day cruising speed in your opinion (and from experience).??

Came across this interesting video on Motorcycle break in ( Fortnine usually makes high quality content)

Last edited by IntoTheStorm : 13th December 2020 at 08:38.
IntoTheStorm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 12:03   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase and a very good detailed review.

I have a question.
As most of the accessories are bought in MIY program which is directly fitted in the factory, does it make sense to pay the full price ? You should have paid for the Touring mirror kit minus the default mirror price and touring seat minus the default seat price . Otherwise they should give you the default ones as spare(because it's included in the ex-showroom price).
If both are not done, then RE is just looting in the name of MIY. Can anyone clarify ?
RaghavEvoX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 12:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and wish you miles of happiness. Definitely RE has come a long way in terms of quality and people are now able to compare with Honda and feel close enough !!

Hoping the RE service quality also becomes more consistent and that would be icing on the cake
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks