Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Cruiser 53 13.42%
Adventure Sport 66 16.71%
Tourer 38 9.62%
Commuter 10 2.53%
Sports 49 12.41%
Street Naked 71 17.97%
Dirt 5 1.27%
Retro Classic 99 25.06%
Other (please specify in your post) 4 1.01%
Voters: 395. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 17:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your preferred motorcycle style

This poll should've been multi choice questionnaire to truly gauge the population preference.
Old 20th November 2020, 19:00   #32
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I desperately want to vote for retro classic, but instead I'm voting for adventure / sports tourers. This is primarily as I always fancy mile munching and visiting remote places in decent comfort and enjoy the flexibility on offer on board an adv tourer.

Also, another reason is that due to my heavy frame I'm never too comfortable ergonomically on most motorcycles, specially street nakeds, to do some serious mile munching.

How I wish I had enough resources to do justice to a multi motorcycle garage !
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 19:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Cruiser.

My taste has evolved over time. Grew up as a teenager in 80s, drooling over Yezdi Roadking and Hero Honda Sleek (anyone remembers?). Ended up buying Yamaha RXZ with my first few salaries in mid nineties. As I hit 30s and with arrival of my daughter, slowed down to a Bullet in mid 2Ks. Since, then have been a fan of laid back, easy going cruisers. Acquired a Fat Boy in 2017. Have travelled all over from terai region of Nepal to Hampi and Daman to Puri on Fat Boy and Bullet. I think an itch is again germinating to pick a middle weight ADV tourer to complement my two iron barrel classics...

So, cruisers and a ADV are what I'll retire with :-)

Nice thread and interesting perspectives to read .

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:09   #34
BHPian

For me it’s definitely a street naked. With the fairing present in its sports avatar gone and a detuned engine, they become better machines for the city with less heat on your leg and better ride comfort due to the positioning as well. And for that exact matter, I hope they price the Trident 660 within my grasp next year when it hits the Indian shores.

Although a sports tourer is definitely the best bang for the buck, I don’t find the tall styling to my taste even after being a six footer.

Although I do have a question in mind, people of North India, is it practical to invest car-buying-money of around 7 lacs on road in a middle weight naked bike rather than buying a car itself? I mean we have scorching heat, flooding monsoon and smog choked winters here in the north and it just becomes a matter of heart vs brain.

Last edited by Dr.Mechanic : 22nd November 2020 at 19:12. Reason: Added query.
Old 22nd November 2020, 19:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Bikes entered my life pretty late but when they did what struck me the most was how involving they are and for that reason only, I am always captivated and feel motivated to ride a sportsbike and I crave the opportunity to ride a supermoto; fingers crossed they make it to our market soon
Old 22nd November 2020, 23:33   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted retro classic! Which will,come as no surprise to those who have followed some of my threads.

I am not a biker really. But I did enjoy my restored 1974 RE Bullet immensely when we lived in Delhi. I know very little about bikes. The modern ones just don’t appeal to me. I don’t care much about their looks or their sounds. Most look like a movie prop for a cheap StarWars lookalike film.

Give me an old school bike anytime. An old BSA, a Triumph, RE. They look the part and at least they sound as if they have a proper engine!

Each to its own of course!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 06:20   #37
BHPian

Yet another non-biker vote ! ( in the sense, I like biking given a chance, but not much affinity ). I love Sports bikes and absolutely hate cruisers, nakeds, dirt enduros to the core ! Sorry, no offence meant. The whole cruiser style and on top of it, the circular shaped headlight on any sort of bike instantly puts me off. I would pick a Hero Honda Splendor over a Harley anyday just because I don't like Cruisers.
Old 23rd November 2020, 07:06   #38
BHPian

Voted for cruiser. May as well be the retro too.

I learned to ride on a CBZ. Hated the process in the beginning with its 1-down and 4-up gear configuration. But soon enough it did grow on me. My current commuter bike is with a cousin.

I do plan on getting a cruiser - possibly the CB350. Dabbled the thought of an RE at some point but it just didn't appeal to me from my understanding of its maintenance hassles and reliability. Haven't seen the CB350 in person yet, but just from the online images, I think it needs to add just a little aggression to its stance (on the looks front).
Old 23rd November 2020, 07:39   #39
BHPian

Voted for street naked, you get a sport bike engine, capable chassis and competent suspension without the back breaking seating position of a superbike. It is best for street riding maybe only thing that can match it for street riding is Supermoto. Supermoto would be ideal with the crap roads we have in India but people are too deeply in love with the superbike and the retro classics to appreciate supermotos. I hate these new "retro classics" i feel its for posers who want an old bike look without the character old bikes have. Also hate how good looking street nakeds are being launched with round headlights to cater to this crowd. Best example is the Honda CB1000R which got a generic round headlight to look "retro" and please the posers.

The CB1000R went from looking like a muscular street naked to a cockroach with a headlight sourced from chor bazaar
Your preferred motorcycle style-hondacb1000r3dmodelmaxobj3dsfbxc4dlwolwlws.jpg

Your preferred motorcycle style-2018hondacb1000r67.jpg
Revmatch99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Street naked for me too! I am onto my 3rd street bike now. I am sucker for minimal body work, exposed mechanical bits and unique power/sitting position combo. Sports bikes are too uncomfortable for me but I love their engines. Street nakeds get solve that problem albeit with a little less power but that's okay with me.

Back to survey, I am a little surprised retro classics are such a hit? I mean I knew they are "in" but underestimated the popularity. A used Continental GT remains on my list as a second bike.
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:18   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

While an ADV in today's date looks like the best of both the world, my heart still yearns for sports bikes. If I had a choice I would love to own an ADV (Multistrada) and a Sports bike (panigale) in the garage. Though I don't mind having a Street Triple for running around in city and the new Ninja 1000 as well when I want to go long but need fairings.

Well who am I kidding, I need all of them, if only I had the money.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 13:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Unlike many here, I would like only one bike in my garage. And that would be a supermoto, obviously with a spare set of 21/18 dirt wheels for a quick conversion to go on those mx and enduro rides

Gotta stop dreaming and get back to reality. It's Monday and those excels won't fill themselves
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 14:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Unlike many here, I would like only one bike in my garage. And that would be a supermoto, obviously with a spare set of 21/18 dirt wheels for a quick conversion to go on those mx and enduro rides

Gotta stop dreaming and get back to reality. It's Monday and those excels won't fill themselves
One bike for me too.

I've at different points in my riding life had 3 to even 4 bikes in my garage.

Invariably you land up riding one predominantly and the others hibernate under the covers. And you spend a lot in battery charging and replacing eventually.

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 09:56   #44
BHPian

Voted for Cruiser.

I am mentioning my personal opinion. I don't have any experience on riding bikes above 500cc.

I feel naked and sports bike have very committed position and one can develop a backache soon after riding daily on Mumbai's pothole filled roads. I sold my FZ due to this.

ADVs are too tall for my liking.

A relaxed commuter like Unicorn will definitely be my choice if I have to exclude cruiser.

Why cruiser? Because they are comfortable, engine is relaxed, suspension setup can handle Mumbai roads well and one can drive them for long distances without feeling any strain on your wrist or back.

Also after driving cruiser for years now, the racer boy in me have died and I am much more safer and relaxed rider. Also I don't ever have that feeling of having a road rage and try to race other bikers, because I know that I won't win.

Another advantage of cruiser is that the older folks find it easy to climb and sit on the pillion if they need to accompany you sometimes.
DrCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 10:18   #45
BHPian

I hate this poll because it asks me to choose. (even though I have a R15)
I love bikes and two wheelers, so any style will do.
My ogle-ing range starts from bicycles to Aprilla SRs to ZXs

If i can have it my way: One bike from each category please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks