Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Old 27th November 2020, 16:00   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Which Cruiser Motorcycle for my 55-year old dad?

Do not even think about Royal Enfield! The component quality and service quality is absolutely substandard. There are numerous issues like engine oil leakage, clutch cable breaking frequently and so on. It will kill the entire enthusiasm of riding the bike :-(

Dominar is a much better bike, although its not a traditional cruiser. If you can put a handle bar raiser and if he is not planning to riding hundreds of kilometers non-stop, Dominar is a much better choice any day. Not sure about Honda's new entrant in cruiser space.
prajakt_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 09:23   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID2997 View Post
Hello Fellow Bhpians, We are looking to buy a cruiser motorcycle for my 55 year old dad, he used to ride a RX100 in his college days. Seeing his friends ride bikes, his passion has been reignited. He wants something with a laid back riding position, at least 300cc and no fuss in terms of maintainability. He shall be using this bike for weekend rides in vicinity of NCR. Also, The ride quality needs to be easy on the back as he suffers from slipped disc. Our budget is upto 4 lakhs. Any suggestions guys?
Well, I turned 55 last september, I ride a Classic 500 Desert Storm and toying with the idea of getting an Interceptor. Of the new 350s, the CB350 will any day be more comfortable than the Meteor, since the Meteor has a cruiser like stance which puts a lot of strain on the lower back.
Old 13th December 2020, 13:19   #48
BHPian

I am 50 too and ride a Mahindra Mojo.
It has the perfect combination of a modern engine , gearbox but retains a very relaxed riding position. The riding position is neither too laid back like a cruiser which loads the lower back, nor very aggressive like the sportier bikes which can be disconcerting for the older generation.
I don't fancy rear set foot pegs and low handlebars...and don't think your father would either.
Old 21st December 2020, 04:46   #49
BHPian

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I wonder why can’t motorcycle manufacturers come with automatic variants the way Cars are launched?

Charge a justifying premium the way cars do and give customers an option?

Why do automatic always have to be a scooter?
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 11:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I wonder why canít motorcycle manufacturers come with automatic variants the way Cars are launched?

Charge a justifying premium the way cars do and give customers an option?

Why do automatic always have to be a scooter?
You spoke my mind buddy. AFAIK there are few automatic bikes, such as, Honda Africa Twin and Aprilia Mana but they all are premium offerings. Nothing available in mass market. Moreover, I am doubtful whether any manufacturer is even thinking about it.

Most Viewed