Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2020, 18:14   #1
Team-BHP Support

Kawasaki teases hybrid powered motorcycle

Kawasaki has released a video teaser of its future hybrid powertrain, which was seen in published patents back in July 2019.

The video shows (if you watch it towards the end!) the Kawasaki hybrid motorcycle on a dyno, switching modes between electric motor and engine power. As earlier explained in the video - Kawasaki is planning a system which can use full engine power for highway use, full electric power for city use, and a mix of both for fun in the twisties.

Kawasaki teases hybrid powered motorcycle-screenshot_20201128175809_youtube.jpg

There is no confirmation on a launch.

Kawasaki had earlier teased an electric sports motorcycle as well. Related thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...e-concept.html (Kawasaki teases Ninja electric bike concept)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 16:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki teases hybrid powered motorcycle

Great news and I hope this tech waters down to the commuter class scoots and bikes. I firmly believe hybrids are the way forward for the immediate future as fully electric is still taking baby steps and charging infra is practically non existent in our country. Range anxiety is keeping many people off full electric and I think the hybrid will pave the way forward, in both general acceptance of electric vehicles by the public and providing a stop gap solution until charging infra and battery tech catches up.
nitro.1000bhp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks