Team-BHP > Motorbikes

View Poll Results: Your choice for Team-BHP 2-Wheeler of the Year, 2020?
Hero Xtreme 160R 17 2.12%
Bajaj Chetak Electric 51 6.37%
TVS iQube Electric 22 2.75%
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 172 21.47%
Husqvarna 250 16 2.00%
Honda H’ness CB350 333 41.57%
KTM 390 Adventure 118 14.73%
BMW F900R / XR 11 1.37%
Triumph Tiger 900 38 4.74%
Honda Africa Twin 15 1.87%
BMW R18 8 1.00%
Voters: 801. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 16:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP 2-Wheeler of the Year, 2020. EDIT: It's the Honda H'ness CB350!

Voted for the Honda 350. I guess it is already everyone's favorite.

Honda needs to expand its network and service now for the bike and they can later introduce more such classic designs. Seems most of the BHP-ians prefers such classy styles. No wonder even in the 4 wheeler of the year thread the Thar seems to be leading.

A garage with the Thar and Honda 350.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 20:59   #62
BHPian

Its Honda CB350 hands down for me. I always wanted a japanese "Bullet" as I felt royal enfield will not suit my personality (fill it and shut it type of guy). I hope CB350 has all the legendary Honda genes (quality, reliability, smoothness etc), and I would finally muster enthusiasm to own a 2 wheeler after almost 15/16 years.
Comrade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 21:44   #63
S15
BANNED

Out of this entire list, the Husqvarna is the only bike I'd buy, so that gets my vote.

Really excited for next year's poll, though. Trident 660, New Monster, New Benelli 600, 390 Husqvarnas, TVS Zepplin cruiser, new enfield 650 cruiser, some sort of a meaningful update to the himalayan etc etc
S15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 22:30   #64
BHPian

Voted for Triumph Tiger. I am not sure why Street Triple R isn’t in the list. Is it considered as an entry variant for RS?
Accordingly, chose Tiger since I have voted for Triumph this year with my wallet
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 09:16   #65
BHPian

Voted for the CB350 which seems to be taking RE head-on. Still early days need to wait and see.

The design of the Huskies are good but again the same engine in 3 brands was pushing it too much.
Old 7th December 2020, 14:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Honda CB350. It was easy. I think the bike feels very well sorted and is backed by Hondas legendary reputation. Some of the color combinations are fabulous too! Should be a a genuine alternative to RE buyers but it's a steep hill to climb before it gets accepted by the masses.
Old 7th December 2020, 15:27   #67
BHPian

The CB 350 it is! Honda has ventured into a completely new segment in India. This should pave way for other manufacturers to launch new models in this segment. Taking RE head on is a daring maneuver, which should be appreciated.
Old 7th December 2020, 15:50   #68
Team-BHP Support

Voted for the Honda CB350. It is an amateur vote from a non-biker. I just love the way it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
This is from a non-biker. I have ridden only for two months, about 18 years back. Had a crash and gave up biking. I never fancied one until I saw the Honda CB350 recently. And boy, did it pull the heartstrings!!

Voted for retro purely because of this reason.
Old 7th December 2020, 15:59   #69
BHPian

I voted for KTM 390 ADV.

Ktm has brought many game changing features to the masses such as MTC (Motorcycle traction control) and off-road ABS.

Another cool feature most are not aware is something similar to iMT in cars, it is the quickshifter+ where you can ride without using the clutch. This is a boon in long distance riding. You don’t have to use the left hand at all. How cool is that ? It is the closest to automatics in a motorcycle.

An Indian customer has to spend car money to even think of such features earlier. And there was cry over suspension travel and off-road cred, I would argue 99.9% of us will never be able to ride the bike to its limits. Also some people just confuse between an off-road machine and adventure machine. This is an ADV bike. For a typical customer in India who loves long distance riding with some mild off-roading this is just PERFECT.

I really wish KTM didn’t skimp on the adjustable suspension for the Indian version.

This is an awesome video exploring the capabilities of the 390 and the Himalayan.

Last edited by Godzilla : 7th December 2020 at 16:02.
Godzilla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 16:49   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
While it took less than a second for me to vote for COTY this year (Thar!), the two wheeler space proved to be a tough one with three heavy weights in the ring - The KTM 390 Adventure, Royal Enfield Meteor 350 and Honda H'ness CB350.
Exactly my thoughts. Thar was an easy choice there but no easy choices here. So skipping the three popular ones, I voted where the heart goes, Tiger 900. I absolutely loved the 800s as they were so welcoming with brilliant ergonomics and sweet engine. With the 900s, they have only moved forward from there.

Why I didn't vote for the others I considered:
The Meteor 350 is a good motorcycle but relativity is the reason it appears more impressive than it actually is. The Thunderbird was horrible. It wasn't engineered but hacked together. The engine numbs your limbs, the suspension crashes despite proper preload and it flexes about in corners. And before anyone attacks me for saying this, I still have a 2014 one parked at home so I am speaking from experience. I would say it is the worst motorcycle among all the ones my dad and I own / have owned. Meteor is what it should have been in the first place. So while it is good, I feel it isn't something that deserves to be called the 'best' that came out this year.

The Honda CB350 is another good motorcycle however, when you are trying to attack the segment leader, you try to do better than that, not just the same. I feels and rides nice and being a Honda, I am sure it will last forever, but as soon as the new 350 engine from Enfield shows up in Classic, it would stop looking like a better product.

The KTM Adventure 390 was long awaited and is an impressive product. The feature list is long enough to make my 2016 Duke 390 look outdated already and for most Duke owners I know, this would tick the right boxes. But it is just that. A slightly bigger Duke that has more room for luggage and is comfortable to take on some broken roads or light trails. So while it makes lot of sense as a tourer or an everyday motorcycle, the Adventure tag is slightly misleading. Anything more requires serious skill because the same engine-gearing combo makes it tougher to use while puttering about and the ergonomics aren't exactly the most suitable for the job.

The Bajaj Chetak and TVS iQube look like good products for our market. Unlike cars, most scooters are used in city limits so range isn't a major concern. Most of the electric options so far, with the exception of Ather aren't even impressive on paper. Personally considering buying the Chetak for my dad once it is available in more geographies as it is time he has a more comfortable alternative to the motorcycles when needed and I don't want him dealing with the generally poor workshop experience in Tier 2/3 cities in maintaining an IC engine scooter. Electric one should require less of that. Plus in a tier 2 city where he will use, the distances are minimal and charging at home won't be a problem. However, didn't vote for them because either one is barely available right now.

Last edited by motonomad : 7th December 2020 at 17:04. Reason: Added comments on other vehicles
motonomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 16:59   #71
BHPian

Voted for the Royal Enfield Meteor 350 as the improvement from the REs of yore is definitely evident technically as well as tangibly. The old thump may be missing but it is still the best sound in the category. The desirability factor is quite high and this is a proper upgrade from the Thunderbird 350
Old 7th December 2020, 17:10   #72
BHPian

Hi,
Voted for the RE Meteor 350. The CB350 is also an equally good contender but IMHO it lacks something in comparison to the RE Meteor. Maybe its the RE original DNA.
Old 7th December 2020, 17:49   #73
BHPian

Voted for the RE Meteor 350.

I think this year, the fight will be majorly between Honda and RE with their respective 350s for the award.

I have seen both the bikes in flesh and also compared them side by side. And I can definitely see the sincerity with which RE has worked on the Meteor 350. The design & quality have gone several notches above - compared to the erstwhile Thunderbird.

Yes, Honda's H'ness is seeing a huge welcome and footfalls. But RE is here to compete strongly. And it shows.

I am only happy that now there are amazing options to choose from
The choices for Indians are getting better year after year.
Old 7th December 2020, 18:26   #74
BHPian

Voted for CB350.

Meteor is equally good too. But priorities differ for both. If one wants a daily city commuter than CB350 hands down but for highway cruising Meteor any day over CB350.

Cons:
CB350: Tall gears, service/ dealer network.
Meteor: RE (Rusting Enfield), refinement better in CB350.
Old 7th December 2020, 18:30   #75
BHPian

Ather 450x was introduced in January 2020. It should have been included in this poll. That scooter is far superior to any other electric scooter in the market and it is available for deliveries from November 2020 in Pune.
ohaak is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed